Open World 1vs1 dueling.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: chris.7024

chris.7024

Hi guys im a casual player who enjoys this beautiful game. Some areas of this game are breath taking on how detailed and amazingly well done the Environment is. That being said i wonder why Hasn’t there been a dueling system Implemented yet. I mean surely they want us to see their Hardwork and what better way than destroying someone in a beautiful Environment. I would love to make pvp videos 1vs1 somewhere visibly astonishing. For example like swifty does from wow. The combat here is by far superior and more intense and so is the Environment than wow. So thnx again for the amazing game and would enjoy if u add this small feature. Also i would appreciated some feedback would the community want 1vs1 dueling in the open world?

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avatar.1923

imagine an arena where you can cue up to fight in.
and people can walk around and check from top view!

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Yea, that is something ANet is afraid to add because it could facilitate cyber bulling. Technically it’s not a big problem, since there already is costume brawl, but as I said, it’s a bit frowned upon at the moment. But that doesn’t mean people should stop asking for it. If enough players show support for open world 1vs1, the devs may be persuaded to listen.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Fear kills good games and turns them into mediocre mush.

Dueling is fun, I was surprised it wasn’t an option in this game. Hopefully they will add it eventually. Just have a option out flag if ANET is really that afraid.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mag Li.2581

Mag Li.2581

I would love to see something similar to the Winters Day snow ball fight areas and the Halloween cauldrons for costume brawl. I think if we can have portable boxing rings (maybe it could be a guild upgrade thing) that we can put out anywhere in the open world. Those who interacts with it will be able to skirmish with each other. I think this could be very cool!

Mag Li [Oxy]
Part 1/2 of a dynamic duo

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

I say this is what gw2 community needs- beat the kitten out of that trash talking kitten!
It would help to relieve the tension.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

chris.7024

Imagine seeing the top arena players or ’’gladiators’’ fight it out each week or just a friendly competition in this massive arena everyone can see. Even wager some coin? Also cyber bullying? I thought it was a myth. Feel uncomfortable just ignore the bully or log out….

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avatar.1923

^

yeah…
it definitely need some competition or those who want, where the only reward is “glory and reknown”.

ok forget it, go grind ascended and zerg temples instead.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

chris.7024

Lol sometimes kittens just need to lay their paws on other kittens to prove a point.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Dueling is fun, I was surprised it wasn’t an option in this game. Hopefully they will add it eventually. Just have a option out flag if ANET is really that afraid.

They were probably thinking of the chimpanzees who continually spam duel requests at anyone in line of sight, then kitten and moan in /m about how everyone are wimps or pussies, if no one is interested in joining them in their little kitten-fest. Auto-decline still doesn’t filter map chat.

But then again, I have been wondering how many people I can fit on my ignore list. Haven’t really given it a good test yet, so dueling should afford me a decent opportunity to fill it out. Bring it on.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

chris.7024

They were probably thinking of the chimpanzees who continually spam duel requests at anyone in line of sight, then kitten and moan in /m about how everyone are wimps or pussies, if no one is interested in joining them in their little kitten-fest. Auto-decline still doesn’t filter map chat.

But then again, I have been wondering how many people I can fit on my ignore list. Haven’t really given it a good test yet, so dueling should afford me a decent opportunity to fill it out. Bring it on.

Lol reminds me of this one guy back in my wow days outside S.W. After talking trash In /M he would lose a duel and log out. But the point is it was fun and challenging plus u know that feeling u get destroying a trash talker?

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Aion has the perfect solution.
In the main city, there was an open arena that anyone could just jump into, fight to the death & port out only to rush back in again.
Making an area like this with seats above would be for the careb…I mean spectators

Even making this like warcraft pve viewing room ( no idea wtk it is called) would be a good pvp room idea.

P.S. They have said eventually there may be duelling, but it will cost gems to do so.
Hopefully they at least add a skirmish for players to practice within

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Night Sentry.3902

Night Sentry.3902

I agree. Dueling needs to be in the game ASAP

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torguish.4786

Torguish.4786

imagine an arena where you can cue up to fight in.
and people can walk around and check from top view!

OR!

The arena would act like the mists, where you can look at the games which are on. So the system would look like this:

Arena
-2 modes, private & public.

PRIVATE:
- 1 on 1 between whoever wants to fight, no queue ability.
- Toggle if you want to let people watch you guys fight.

PUBLIC:
- Works the same way as Mortal Kombats system.

EXPLANATION: Players fight on 1 on 1. Winner and losers on get thrown into their own box. So later on losers fight each other and winners fight each other. Or something like that.

Simplyfied:
Queue 1:

- 1 on 1, other players wait in line and watch the fight.
- After match winner takes on the next one in line.
- Get some kind of points each concecutive win.

Queue 2:

- Same as Queue 1 except the next 2 in line fight and other watch.
- After each 1 on 1 fight, the group in that specific match would be randomized to eliminate same opponents.

Additional options:
- Toggle which class can and cannot fight
- Toggle which skills (eg, no healing)
- Bonus thingies like Poison the whole match, time limit etc..

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MindFreak.6907

MindFreak.6907

+1,we need duels

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Verax.3412

Verax.3412

Totally agree,
I’d too love the option to duel, Me and my guildies are always arguing over who is better,
Also a 2v2 arena would be good like wow where the rewards would benefit you whether in pvp or pve.

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

I would love to see a 1v1 arena competition, where u can choose to either battle ur own class of class free competition. I always liked 1vs1 competitive pvp since it makes u improve ur skills faster, since u can only rely on urself.
Imho it’s the only thing this game is missing atm. And btw 1vs1 in small maps (mb some trees or walls, but not to much) with no side objectives, just plain killing. Would be cool with leaderboards.
1vs1 is imo the most pure form of pvp.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

(edited by Kootje.9271)

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MindFreak.6907

MindFreak.6907

Indeed just because 1v1 is pure pvp form,only then u can truly see which class is nerfed ALOT,while others buffed all time

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

It’s always a challenge to kill the FoTM with a nerfed class

But anyone know any reaction on Anet’s stand on ever implementing 1vs1?
I couldn’t find any (though i’m lazy at searching )

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torguish.4786

Torguish.4786

It’s always a challenge to kill the FoTM with a nerfed class

But anyone know any reaction on Anet’s stand on ever implementing 1vs1?
I couldn’t find any (though i’m lazy at searching )

i think they mentioned that it’s being implemented at some point even :P

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

There have been at least 20 threads asking for this in the WvW sub-forums since release.

Of course, if they added this to a PvE part of the game like cities, there would be an EXPLOSION in the already large number of threads about how overpowered Thief is. Mesmer would probably start getting some new “QQ nerf this class now!” threads as well. But yeah, it could be fun to have some sort of dueling option somewhere.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Open World 1vs1 dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

As far as I’m concerned this is a necessity. There have been countless other threads on this topic including my own: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Is-it-really-hard-to-add-dueling/first

Edit: Just realized OP posted this 2 months ago XD

(edited by Latorn.4209)