Open world dueling

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

dueling in open world and heart of mists plz. or have a dueling area in each city

i know u want ppl to pay for custom arenas anet, but if ppl have open world dueling more ppl would enjoy the game.

more ppl enjoying the game = more players = more profit. far more than the measely amount from dueling “custom arenas”

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Open world dueling is an horrible idea that I hope never gets implemented in the game.

And we already have topics about this.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Open world dueling is an horrible idea that I hope never gets implemented in the game.

Holy crap. I agree with you! lol

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Open world dueling ? god no,getting spammed to death for duels over and over is not something i enjoyed in other mmo’s i have played.I usually turned the option Off if possible.

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

so if you’re able to turn off duel requests the issue is what exactly?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Holy crap. I agree with you! lol

We actually agree in a lot of things; I don’t bother to post in all those topics asking GW2 to be more like classic MMORPGs because you already say what I would have said.

But it’s more fun to argue than to quote and say “I agree”, so… :-P

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

The only issue with Open world dueling is the amount of kittening carebears there are to whine about every little minuscule thing they don’t agree with .
I for one would love it, but know its more than likely never going to happen in this game.

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

They could add a new island in the Heart of the Mists specific for dueling.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Been requested many times and Yes it would be nice to have just put it in their with a check box that allows you to auto decline all duel requests. Dueling in the open world as many agree would be awesome and probably get players to explore a little more to find some cool dueling spots.

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Been requested many times and Yes it would be nice to have just put it in their with a check box that allows you to auto decline all duel requests. Dueling in the open world as many agree would be awesome and probably get players to explore a little more to find some cool dueling spots.

The problem with this is even if you have some kind of setting to auto-decline any kind of duel invitation, it doesn’t stop people from whisper-spamming you to turn it on and duel them. I don’t have much issue with dueling, but if they’re going to implement it with PvE gear there should be separate, specific areas set aside for it so that those that want to can do it there and leave the rest of us in peace.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I don’t see what the issue is. Like people have said above a dueling system would be absolutely amazing. There could be auto-decline options to help etc. And people can wisp you and bother you about anything. Why not add a duel chat option even, have it appear like map chat but a different color and only people interested on duelling comment on it. It would enrich the game and would make a very very large player base happy.

Alternatively dueling designated areas would be nice too, I feel like the key here is many want to duel in their PvE gear and in exotic environments. I’m sure adding something like this to even the gemstore would see it sell very popularly.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i don’t like it so nobody should have it. what a great mentality.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I suggest you use the search button next time- oh well the search button is kitten.
OP this has been discussed many many times- so many times that I wager both sides of the fence are tired of getting nowhere.

“i don’t like it so nobody should have it. what a great mentality.:”

You are not winning friends with that statement, just saying

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’d rather have arenas like the queen’s gauntlet in every city instead.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dimittri.3245

Dimittri.3245

I wish GW2 have open PVP zones like other games! But I still love the game as it is right now. Mass PVP, Guild vs Guild would be kitten awesome!

~Sanctum of Rall~

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I’d rather have arenas like the queen’s gauntlet in every city instead.

That would be awesome- even I can get behind that.
Heck just make the Queen’s gauntlet permanent.
I love the idea of Arena gladiators

Gunnar’s Hold

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

First off, I’m in favor of open world dueling, and yes, we’ve beaten this to death.

I still want to point out that somewhere pre-release (and I can’t find it atm) anet specifically came out against dueling because they want the classes to be balanced in the team sense, not in 1v1 fights. (like a big, paper scissors rock, if you will) If you allow players who don’t understand this (aka most everybody) to duel, it will put a spotlight on the fact that some specific classes have strong advantages over other specific classes… in 1v1 situations. This will lead to the perception that the game is even more imbalanced than it is (and I don’t want a debate on the game’s overall balance here. Some think it’s fine, or on the way to fine, some think it’s horrible. Whatever. This isn’t the place.)

That being said, you’re never going to please everyone, and even if the game were absolutely, perfectly balanced, you still have folks who get stomped and blame balance/design with no meaningful effort to improve their own play, and that’s without dueling. Please ANet. Pretty please. Give us dueling… and a way to easily avoid dueling for those who want that.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Open world dueling all day everyday! Can you imagine some of the fights you could get in around Tyria with all the beautiful terrain? Knocking people off mountains or down canyons. Not to mention the awesome movies you could make.

There are ways to implement this so that the guys that are still feeling that beating they took in whatever game they played before wouldn’t be bothered.

Open world dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Open-world-Duels-Merged/page/1

There’s already a (long) thread on this OP, so why start another one?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.