Option for Rangers to stow and LOCK pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nonbeing.5234

Nonbeing.5234

Sometimes pets can be the best, but other times, they can just be the worst.

Maybe it’s because they aggro monsters the party doesn’t want to engage. Maybe they are just being a distraction during a jumping puzzle. For whatever reason, they are getting in the way.

So you stow them. But then, as soon as you take damage, they pop back out. This happens even in jumping puzzles, since fall damage triggers them too.

Please add an option for Rangers to not only stow their pets, but LOCK them there, until they are desired.

And this request is coming from a Ranger. Even if my pet isn’t being a specific nuisance, sometimes I just feel like being alone, and I don’t want my pet popping out every time a stray arrow hits me or I fall off a ledge just a little too high.

Server: Borlis Pass
Guilds: [AXIS], [TWIN]
Active Characters: Euday (80 Sylvari Ranger), Vox Apeirona (80 Human Ele)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conix.4589

Conix.4589

Don’t forget Jade Quarry Maw. Its honestly a sad state we are in when we would give up ~35% of our DPS just to not be bothered by their clumsy AI. Either they die in 5 seconds, or they never hit the target because it moves.
Dear Anet… When all of your player base says a class is broke, I think you should look into some drastic changes. I won’t go into details on how it’s broke. You can head over to ranger forums to see the millions of ways. Of course though, I’m sure you’re just ignoring that.
Rant over, I’m enjoying my guardian though!

(edited by Conix.4589)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

traits in BM to make our pets inactive and un able to take or dish out damage it just buffs the ranger spirit bonds the Ranger gains the full effects of his or her pet maybe even F1-F4 can be unique skills you gain from having picked a pet to bond with.

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

At this point a perma-stow option would be best as it has been a year and Anet cannot fix the pets. If they could they would have already.

See my signature below

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

You will play your Ranger (Beastmaster) the way Anet wants you to, with a dead pet.

I too would like to see an option to dump the stupid pet, but as some are saying it’s up to 40% of the damage I do.

I don’t look at the combat log as I don’t want to be sent into a deep depression.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

in Suggestions

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

If the Stow function worked properly (ie. stowed until actively called) then that would be a good thing.

/signed

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yes, permanent stow/lock function no escaping the zoo…

in Suggestions

Posted by: mipbar.2986

mipbar.2986

Agree completely. I can’t believe we are unable to stow our pets. My biggest peave is running around at half speed (which is my biggest peeve) because my pet is suddenly in battle with some unknown creature I don’t care about. Or, having to constantly switch the pet from aggressive to passive all the time.

I’m definitely on the search for another game simply because of the ‘in battle running at half speed nonsense.’ It’s just too irritating for me.

Sometimes pets can be the best, but other times, they can just be the worst.

Maybe it’s because they aggro monsters the party doesn’t want to engage. Maybe they are just being a distraction during a jumping puzzle. For whatever reason, they are getting in the way.

So you stow them. But then, as soon as you take damage, they pop back out. This happens even in jumping puzzles, since fall damage triggers them too.

Please add an option for Rangers to not only stow their pets, but LOCK them there, until they are desired.

And this request is coming from a Ranger. Even if my pet isn’t being a specific nuisance, sometimes I just feel like being alone, and I don’t want my pet popping out every time a stray arrow hits me or I fall off a ledge just a little too high.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Not going to happen. Give it up. Instead of looking for ways to get rid of the pet, look for ways to improve it. Not that they haven’t already been expressed ad nauseum

Agree completely. I can’t believe we are unable to stow our pets. My biggest peave is running around at half speed (which is my biggest peeve) because my pet is suddenly in battle with some unknown creature I don’t care about. Or, having to constantly switch the pet from aggressive to passive all the time.

You could always try to actually pay attention to your pet. I know it’s a strange concept to have to micromanage something in a class designed around micromanagement… you know, a pet class. But if you actually paid attention you would know when your pet got hit by something and you can hit F3, maybe jab it a couple time to be sure, and your pet will not get into a fight and will instead continue following you.

If you run with a bird you’ll even get some swiftness out of it, which is nice.

I’m definitely on the search for another game simply because of the ‘in battle running at half speed nonsense.’ It’s just too irritating for me.

You will be on that search for a LONG time. Battle speed is a standard of the genre.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I don’t want a pet perma-stow option. As it is the class mechanic, I’d rather improve it so that the reason people want a perma-stow option is no longer present.

Namely pets really need some AoE damage reduction, or a reduction on the pet swap cool down especially after a pet goes down.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zealon.9265

Zealon.9265

I’ve played Ranger since the BWEs and have always wanted it so that when you do stow your pet away, it’ll stay there until you un-stow it, rather than have it come out on its own when you enter combat, even when you don’t intend on fighting.

For me, personally; it’s just a matter of sometimes I’d rather initiate combat without my pet being present. Even though I can set it to being passive, it’s just not the same.

As for Orion Templar’s post – Most people that I’ve come across that want a perma-stow option want it purely because sometimes they want to roam the game without ANY third-party assistance, even that of an A.I.

I’m quite content with pets just the way they are, I just wish they would be permanently stowed when I stow them.

“It’s only after we’ve lost everything
that we’re free to do anything.”
— Tyler Durden; Fight Club (1999)