Option to Remove "Overflow" Message

in Suggestions

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

For those of us who have played GW2 for many months now, the “Overflow” message when entering LA has merely become an annoyance. I propose either creating an option to hide “Overflow” messages, or to redesign the messages altogether, to make then less intrusive and irritating. Maybe just have a little notification bar pop up in the bottom right corner.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

I’d like to see the option at the bottom of the message, “[ ] Do not show ever again.”
Check the box. Voila. It’d be nice if it saves to the account and not just that session.

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

yeah that message is really annoying i dont care if im on the overflow please get rid of it

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

can support this, getting quite annoying that overflow message by now

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I DO care to know if I’m in the overflow, because you can’t see party members outside of town if you are in overflow. But the message sucks. Better to use a “flash” effect on the word “Overflow” in your mini map. That brings it to your attention without blocking your view and forcing an acknowledgement.

Best cure for the overflow popup: GET RID OF THE OVERFLOW! We understandably had overflow in the early days and during holidays. Then as things settled down we almost never had it. Then the Karka came to town and BAM! Overflow over 90+% of the time ever since, even at odd hours.

Simple solution: move the entrance to Fractals out of town. That should reduce LFGers in town chat too.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i wish they would add an icon somewhere on screen rather than the pop-up. i haven’t made it into a real LA in months. i would be shocked if i didn’t get an overflow message.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yes, please do something about this annoying pop-up.

Just have the Overflow writing on the mini-map flash up or something.

I know Overflows weren’t supposed to be a common occurance but they are in LA.

in Suggestions

GummiBear.2756

Simple solution: move the entrance to Fractals out of town. That should reduce LFGers in town chat too.

THIS so much, i still dont get how they could even THINK about putting a dungeon entrance in a main town…

in Suggestions

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

yI think the idea with the overflow message being that center is that it forces you to click it. They don’t want players to ignore the pop-up because that means more people would have to continue waiting in line until that person decides what to do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed – the “you have been moved to an overflow server” message should just be the normal colored text that appears for messages like a new build is available or when you discover a new area. It just appears on the screen and fades out in a few seconds. No button click to acknowledge the message is required.

When on an overflow server we’ve already got the notification on the mini map so having a modal window to notify of overflow status needs to be removed.

in Suggestions

GummiBear.2756

yI think the idea with the overflow message being that center is that it forces you to click it. They don’t want players to ignore the pop-up because that means more people would have to continue waiting in line until that person decides what to do.

I think you misunderstand, we are NOT talking about the message that makes you able to go to the normal map, but the message that comes up as you enter the overflow, where all you do is click one button to indicate you read it (as if)

in Suggestions

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

I think you misunderstand, we are NOT talking about the message that makes you able to go to the normal map, but the message that comes up as you enter the overflow, where all you do is click one button to indicate you read it (as if)

GummiBear is correct, I was originally referring to the initial overflow message. The second one that gives you option to travel to non-overflow map is fine the way it is.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

Posted by: nccknight.2806

nccknight.2806

I too would like this pop-up removed or an option to remove it.

www.purpledragons.net

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

IT wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t disable your ability to do anything at all until you click it away. Definately support getting rid of it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

I’d like to disable it all together. Gee – I have some small business to do in LA and when I enter I get the annoying overflow message – who cares? I don’t – I’ll be done in 10min or less anyway. Then even MORE annoying is the NEXT message – saying giving you the option of staying where you are or moving to the ‘real’ LA.

Why not just give us THAT option on the first message – “I’m in overflow, I don’t care, let me stay here thankyouverymuch”.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D