Option to auto pickup loot in range

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I don’t know if this problem affects the other classes other than engineer. During a fight, I tend to try and pick up loot because to save time and in dungeons the rest of the party is halfway to the next fight. I run into the problem of picking up my turrets unintentionally. With the way turret cooldowns work, they don’t start until you pick them up so now I have to wait 20-45 seconds before I can use them again.

What I’m suggesting is have an option to allow loot to just go into your bags when you walk into range without having to press the loot key. Some might say that this will only enable botters but I don’t think that coding in the spamming of the F key for botters was much of a deterrence to begin with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

I believe that if you are in the loot’s radius and the turret’s radius, the loot takes priority over the turret such that the first ‘F’ is to pick up the loot and the second ‘F’ at the same spot, picks up the turret. So my engineer doesn’t seem to have much of a problem with this. It’s just a bit fiddly.

In terms of Auto-Loot, I don’t think it is necessary, just a convenience. Not that I mind either way. And having it optional is ideal for when you are lacking space, and need to pick selectively.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalizaar.4729

Kalizaar.4729

We begged to have some sort of area-loot like other games have to keep us from spamming the poor ‘F’ key into oblivion as well as allowing us to change the loot button to another key to avoid picking up turrets, wooden planks, reviving NPCs, or talking to NPCs while all we really want to do is loot.

Deaf ears.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Agreed, area loot is a good idea

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erthrak.4039

Erthrak.4039

Loot is preference over turrets, but if you’re moving, its easy to pick up the wrong thing. Also, in WvW, the loot comes to you (great!) but not in you bag, so if your running (85% of WvW) you may miss your loot all together. It would be great if your loot just went straight in your bag, and flashed what it was, and warns you when your 90% + full instead of just full.

Vral Grymfang, Vrelen Human, Treland Riverheart, Leif Dragonbourne.
[iLL]usion

in Suggestions

Kalizaar.4729

Loot is preference over turrets, but if you’re moving, its easy to pick up the wrong thing. Also, in WvW, the loot comes to you (great!) but not in you bag, so if your running (85% of WvW) you may miss your loot all together. It would be great if your loot just went straight in your bag, and flashed what it was, and warns you when your 90% + full instead of just full.

I’d love for there to be an option that I could turn on so that loot just goes directly to my bags without me having to click on it (or repeatedly smash my slowly breaking ‘F’ key). I say “option” though because some people actually enjoy manually clicking bags and stuff and they’d start a riot if it was a mandatory change.

I seem to recall at some point someone in ArenaNet mentioned something about playing the game and not the interface. (or maybe someone else in another game did… anyhow…) Any OPTION provided to a user that lets them focus more on the game play instead of manipulating the interface is a good option. More steps/clicks to produce a result equals BAD. Less steps/clicks to produce a result equals GOOD.

Within reason of course. I have to say that because the next person after me will likely say “Oh sure, how about they just give you one button that has your character instantly ding to level 80 and you win the game and you can just go watch a movie instead!” You know someone is tempted…

These ideas aren’t about automating the entirety of playing the game. We’re talking about streamlining a single repetitive (OMG is it repetitive!! puppy) task that is often annoying, not fun. Repetitive skill activations to create big damage numbers is fun, not annoying. Repetitive ‘F’ smashes to make crappy loot go into your bags that you barely even look at is annoying, not fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Holding the Use key for 1 second should have this effect.

Walking around while holding the F should make you try to autopick up everything around you every second.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

But does this make me pick up turrets/talk to npcs nearby/pickup rocks as well?

in Suggestions

Kalizaar.4729

I think Mithran is suggesting that it would be nice if it worked that way. I don’t think that it currently does?