Option to choose the side for back item

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Hello,

I absolutely love the new Fervid Censer back item, it’s so pretty <3 Plus it sparkles! I fell in love with it, but then I noticed it clips pretty badly with my Sunrise which annoys me so much! So I got this little idea:

How about implementing an option which would allow you to choose the side of your back item! For example, the Fractal Capacitor shows on your left shoulder, the Fervid Censer on the other hand shows on your right shoulder and Sclerite Karka Shell is in the middle.

This means the Fractal Capacitor doesn’t clip with my sword because it’s on the left shoulder and the sword is diagonally on right shoulder. The Fervid Censer item is on the right side so it clips with the sword. I made this picture to help you understand my idea of implementing two buttons for the back item instead of one.

Examples in the image:

1) original image, with the option to choose whether the item shows or not.
2) example 1, an option to choose the side of the item.
3) example 2, the item won’t show if both squares are left unselected.

If the item would be in the middle, both squares would be selected and you couldn’t unselect them.

What do you guys think?

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

I would give this my vote, but if you didnt realise the fervid Censer has got this little “shoulder brace” or else you can look at my charr pic on this topic since its just been smacked onto charr:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Please-do-a-little-extra-effort-with-charr/first#post2031668
I am just stating that it might be hard to achieve a good look if it was on the other side of your human character since you would get clipping there due to my experience they don’t bother with this extra little detail or effort.
But I good suggestion that I would support

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

If it was mirrored, the brace would always be on the outer side. I doubt clipping would be a problem if it was implemented like this.

Darn, it really does look weird on your Charr. I hope you’ll get a fix for that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

hehehehe thanks for the concern about my Charr, but I dnt really have high hopes of current content being fixed. If you really want extra proof of exactly how much they have to “fix” this issue with charr – take a look at how many charr are walking around with a shield or back pack visible on their characters. But enough said – I hope you get more ppl that like this idea cause it makes a lot of sense or they can make that you change the side that your sword is showing.