Other culture's armors

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I thought it was neat how in the pavilion we were given the option to get other cultural weapons. I would love to be able to do this with the armors. I wonder if we could get a limited event that would allow us to purchase them like we did the weapons- pretty please

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I thought it was neat how in the pavilion we were given the option to get other cultural weapons. I would love to be able to do this with the armors. I wonder if we could get a limited event that would allow us to purchase them like we did the weapons- pretty please

Pavilion just gather sellers in one place and made insane price for weapons. You can but them for just 9k karma in home locations :/

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Yeah I knew that when they were there.. but still the idea that we had the option was very cool. You cannot do that with the armors though

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

The armor can only be worn by that race because A it’s that cultures armor and B because it was only designed with that race in mind. There are no Human T3 renders, for example, on a Charr.

There’s a reason they’re cultural armor sets.

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)

They adopted me when I was just a wee baby.

Edit: Ok, seriously, of course I see your point. However, seeing how overprices the weapons were I would think it might be a good gold sink for some.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I like wearing japanese cloths..

Just because your not there race does not mean you can’t be part of there CULTURE.

Hence: Cultural and not Racial.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

The armor can only be worn by that race because A it’s that cultures armor and B because it was only designed with that race in mind. There are no Human T3 renders, for example, on a Charr.

There is an asura in the very first personal story instance (that Snaff prize competition) wearing T3 human light armor. This is a fact.

EDIT:
Here he is.
[img]http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/bd/High_Councillor_Flax.jpg[/img]

(edited by Arkham Creed.7358)

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I support this.
No point to race-lock the cultural armors.
Daecollo is absolutely RIGHT.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Machiavel.6042

Machiavel.6042

I like wearing japanese cloths..

Just because your not there race does not mean you can’t be part of there CULTURE.

Hence: Cultural and not Racial.

Except there’s a DIFFERENCE here.

You’re supposed to CHOOSE a RACE at the START of the game. GUESS WHY ?

Yeah, sure, be accepted into their culture, but you won’t get the stuff a native will get.

Or, if we follow this logic, might as well give everything to everyone, and every skills to everyone too, and every weapons, and etc…

Yeah, brilliant idea, let’s make this game even less attracting with even less choice.

Edit:

You might like wearing japanese clothes, but you might still look like a fool in it. I’m sure I can go to war and shoot people. Should I ?

-I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it- Edgar Allan Poe

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

GW1 EOTN had these cultural armors for everyone.
Yes, we was able to play Humans only but all the GW2 playable races offered even armors of their design. The same we want here.

There are issues with racial elites and other benefits for professions, and over all, the game is about to make a unique avatar to play on, not to chose the best meta race for your profession. This is exactly why we’re able to use every profession at every race, no restrictions.

BUT if crafting system would work like putting different parts together, or the whole customization would be mutch more serious as recommended, that would may be enough…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: SplinterCell.6974

SplinterCell.6974

How about a new “racial item” transmute stone.
Sold in gem store of course.

Other culture's armors

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I’m kind of jealous of the human t3 female medium with the underbewb shirt. Totally hilarious.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.