PVP mode ON/OFF within the PVE world (Tyria)

in Suggestions

Posted by: herael.8596

herael.8596

Hi guys, I know that may be subject of disagreements by some people but let me explain my point of view. (I’ll try to make it clear as I’m French but anyway)

So I’m more talking from a RP point of view, that would make the game richer in term of realism and would encourage many “bad, evil” (call it however you want to) roles.

We are all facing the fact that we have to “mimic” our fights when guards and other players have to fight each other. It would be great to have a PVP ON/OFF mode then we could count on the game system to decide who’s gonna win and who’s gonna lose the fight, because as you can imagine this can last long and no one wanna get down…. That would also give credibility to guards… I’m honestly really disappointed by this aspect of the game (even if I love the rest) and that, personally, could be the reason why I will finally give it up.

So… I’m sure you wanted to avoid player-killers who can ruin the ambiance…and I can get that. But by allowing whoever wants to turn on and off his pvp mode would definitively solve that problem and would allow RP players that want to have an evil role (as let’s admit, a lot of skin suit that) to be credible and create altercations with other people (as what I see for 99% of players they are playing “baby angels” and that’s not really what a Charr is designed to for example)

I would love to develop that idea if any answer is given. Let me know what you think (don’t troll guys)

Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I’d rather not have open style PvP like that, all of GW2 PvE is about working together and because of well pretty much everything about the game story player characters can only be varying degrees of good.

However I wouldn’t mind if there was an option to challenge players to a sparring match, basically 1v1 duels. A sparring/duel system would let people who enjoy random pvp in other games get their kicks without any sort of griefing. It’d also be a great RP tool considering how often we spar with friendly npcs throughout the world.

in Suggestions

herael.8596

So what about manifestations of a guild that would like to come and “take control” of a city or whatever? In that proposition you could be part of the fight or just ignor it by letting your pvp mode off. Doesn’t hurt anyone, doesn’t even reach people who don’t care about. Then we could see the Lion’s Arch under control of Pirates or whoever for a week, see the Lion’s Guards planing their counterattack and finally get it back. More interactivity, that’s what it could bring and I’m personally missing in GW2. Doesn’t affect in any point the “working together” concept in my opinion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

Duels would be awesome, the newest twitch video shows the devs fighting each other, even if they used dev commands to allow it.

on the “pvp switch” though…. This isn’t WOW, the option to add a massive difficulty increase isn’t necessary, it would also only ever be turned on either when you knew you were safe from the standard PVE content, of you wanted to mess with people who forgot to turn it off. the switch wouldn’t be a positive.

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

in Suggestions

herael.8596

Also I disagree with you when you say that because of the game story characters can only be “good”. Let’s get back in the days when Charrs were conquering the world, ok, there is a peace reigning now becase of the dragons, but… It would be perfectly understandable that some small organisations would still have disagreements and fights, who’s ever seen a whole world in a 100% peace? Come on…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

Also I disagree with you when you say that because of the game story characters can only be “good”. Let’s get back in the days when Charrs were conquering the world, ok, there is a peace reigning now becase of the dragons, but… It would be perfectly understandable that some small organisations would still have disagreements and fights, who’s ever seen a whole world in a 100% peace? Come on…

Sure, there ARE those factions,
They just aren’t player factions, for charr see aetherblade, and the legions for a few
Guild wars has always been players vs PVE in PVE.
If you want to fight players, its not hard to get there, its at most 3 clicks from anywhere in the word.

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

in Suggestions

herael.8596

So why wouldn’t it possible for players to play these roles? There are some who play the seraphs, or shining blades or whatever. You may not understand that it’s almost impossible to RP to in wvw and truly impossible in Pvp mode that looks more like a Counter strike game. So I’m just suggesting something more balanced. And about forgetting to turn off your pvp mode an die when you’re AFK: how bad is that if you’re not losing any xp nor item from it and you just have to double click on the teleportation point of your choice? I’m just not getting your point of view at all. You must be kidding. Second if you never want to use it you’d be able to, it might be the most fair system I’ve thought about so far that would allow (finally) evil rp in that game.

(edited by herael.8596)