Passive magic find purchasable from NPC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seabrook.6531

Seabrook.6531

Maybe it’s just me but I have bad luck with drops. I can do several dungeons end up with 1 rare, 2 Jorm=7-8 blues, etc. A few suggestions to fix that.

Passive magic find items can be purchase from mystic forge npc, Miyani. Passive magic find items are account bound with no level restrictions. If someone wants to spend all they can to get a level 1 character with 100% MF, let them.

A. 10 skill points- Item adds/gives 1% passive magic find to your character

For a total of 1,000 skill points your character can have 100% passive magic find.

B. Same item as A above but this item you can spend karma 50k karma instead of 10 skill points.

For a total of 5,000,000 karma your character can get 100% passive magic find.

C. Same item as A and B but this item you can buy with gold. 5 gold per 1% magic find.

For a total of 500 gold your character can have 100% passive magic find.

Example: Players can get 100% magic find for one character by spending a combine of 500 skill points (50%), 1,000,000 karma (20%), and 150 gold (30%).

D. Magic find purchasable with gems?

Have a stat on the hero page to show magic find.
Each character is cap at 100% magic find from the above? or 300%

There seems to be many players with millions of karma, hundreds of gold, and hundreds of skill points saved but nothing to spend it on.

The current magic find gear such as explorer should have another stat or make the stats higher.

Whatever you do Anet don’t ever lower the cost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

I am in favor of this idea, make it so it doesnt stack with MF gear, and this would tear alot of people away from using magic find gear. Or make it so you can get max MF gear % passive, and yes it would be sorta a grind, but this would be a good grind, as people would no longer have a reason to wear MF gear in dungeons or open world events where they gimp themselves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Can a mod please tie this thread in with the other one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

The only beneficial thing I liked in that whole post was this:

“Have a stat on the hero page to show magic find.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowsong.1560

Shadowsong.1560

This sounds a bit like the paragon levels from Diablo 3 and I like the suggestion that there should be a cap for MF. With a passive MF system in place and a cap, people won’t feel obligated to spam MF gears in order to not “lose out” on loot, especially once they hit the cap with passive MF.

(edited by Shadowsong.1560)