Per-Zone Dailies

Per-Zone Dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Noting the problems with everyone sticking to Orr, as it is the most profitable, and not going back to previously played areas, I came up with this idea:

Like existing daily achievements, give every map its own daily achievement, with a reward of about 20 silver for completing it. The time required to complete them should be about the same as running a dungeon for the first time per day, after all.

The required achievements per zone could be the same as the actual daily: a certain number of completed DEs, gathered nodes, total kills, enemy variety.

This would encourage returning to old zones, reexploring areas while at the same time making returning to lower level zones as profitable as farming Orr, while at the same time encouraging people to move across as many zones as possible.

Per-Zone Dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Visiting the respawning chests is a nice break from orr :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Per-Zone Dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Noting the problems with everyone sticking to Orr, as it is the most profitable, and not going back to previously played areas, I came up with this idea:

Like existing daily achievements, give every map its own daily achievement, with a reward of about 20 silver for completing it. The time required to complete them should be about the same as running a dungeon for the first time per day, after all.

The required achievements per zone could be the same as the actual daily: a certain number of completed DEs, gathered nodes, total kills, enemy variety.

This would encourage returning to old zones, reexploring areas while at the same time making returning to lower level zones as profitable as farming Orr, while at the same time encouraging people to move across as many zones as possible.

I would be fully behind this IF and only IF they made it so there was a cap of how many zones you can do per day so then you don’t have people with tons and tons of time shooting ahead of those who don’t have much time, and for obvious reasons Orr is completely excluded from these dailies.

If you put a cap i believe it’ll make it so people go and visit the zones they really want to visit that day instead of just mindlessly going to every zone and doing the dailies

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Per-Zone Dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I would be fully behind this IF and only IF they made it so there was a cap of how many zones you can do per day so then you don’t have people with tons and tons of time shooting ahead of those who don’t have much time, and for obvious reasons Orr is completely excluded from these dailies.

If you put a cap i believe it’ll make it so people go and visit the zones they really want to visit that day instead of just mindlessly going to every zone and doing the dailies

You could also set it to region, rather than zone, if you wanted. Kryta, Old Ascalon, Maguuma, Orr, without specifying the zones themselves.

I don’t really have a problem with people “shooting ahead” based on time spent, as most of the richest people in the game are rich from the TP, which they can manage, buy/sell in a few minutes anyway.

Per-Zone Dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You could also set it to region, rather than zone, if you wanted. Kryta, Old Ascalon, Maguuma, Orr, without specifying the zones themselves.

I don’t really have a problem with people “shooting ahead” based on time spent, as most of the richest people in the game are rich from the TP, which they can manage, buy/sell in a few minutes anyway.

Well those that have a lot of time would be able to do all 5 zones dailies, where people without much time will spend their time doing something else, it’d work out quite well.

And if the goal is to get people to LEAVE orr then we probably shouldn’t have Orr be a region where you can do the dailies.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna