Personal views and hopes

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

So I have been playing since the first beta. Back 5.5 years ago when I heard about Guild Wars 2, I lost my self for about a month finding everything I could about rumors and brainstorms about the game. My friend and I stayed up all 48 hours of the weekend playing the first beta, and on release he drove 5.5 hours, and we all camped in my living room to play on release. 6 people and 10 computers stuffed into an apartment living room.

Its everything I had hoped for. This game is fantastic on many points, and is an excellent foundation for an amazing project. But it is still early and over the last couple months I have compiled a few things that I hope is implemented and changed:

-Raid style dungeons: 2-4 group dungeons. Teams are great in WvW, but I would love to have it implemented in PvE in some way.

-More class specific armours: A lot of armours are focused toward generalized views of those armours. Guardians really don’t have a set of armour that really matches their class, engineers often have ranger or assassin styled armours. More diverse options would be nice.

-True drop specialities: What this means is, certain bosses could drop loot specific to them. Nothing special in stats, but special in visuals. Something similar to Legendary weapons in look. I killed zhaitan, get a special shoulder armour for example.

-Preview in Auction House. Nuff said.

-In-game marriage. I made my points in the thread.

-Dungeon queueing: I feel like the group/dungeon dynamic is an out of date mechanic standing in LA or outside the dungeon broadcasting yourself, and the LFG function is somewhat hidden. I think we need a queue system that will automatically group people for a dungeon.

These are just my thoughts and views. I LOVE this game and look forward to being here during its growth. Does anyone else have thoughts on it? Something they didnt expect?

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arazel.4185

Arazel.4185

I’d like to see some instanced raids and guild vs guild arena (hopefully it isn’t like WoW arena though).

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Yeh raids would be good when designed well.

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

gricks.1897

Ah! I forgot about GvG, that would be great if it was reinstated!

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

-Raid style dungeons: 2-4 group dungeons. Teams are great in WvW, but I would love to have it implemented in PvE in some way.

-More class specific armours: A lot of armours are focused toward generalized views of those armours. Guardians really don’t have a set of armour that really matches their class, engineers often have ranger or assassin styled armours. More diverse options would be nice.

-True drop specialities: What this means is, certain bosses could drop loot specific to them. Nothing special in stats, but special in visuals. Something similar to Legendary weapons in look. I killed zhaitan, get a special shoulder armour for example.

-Dungeon queueing: I feel like the group/dungeon dynamic is an out of date mechanic standing in LA or outside the dungeon broadcasting yourself, and the LFG function is somewhat hidden. I think we need a queue system that will automatically group people for a dungeon.

These are just my thoughts and views. I LOVE this game and look forward to being here during its growth. Does anyone else have thoughts on it? Something they didnt expect?

Raids are meh. I prefer open-world raids over dungeon crawler raids.

Class Specific armors would be nice.

’Drop Specialties’... not even sure where to stand on this. On one hand it sounds neat. on the other... well. Look at Magic find? I don’t want dungeons to go all WoW with having to run them 100+ times due to RNG. Tokens are guaranteed. Drops aren’t.

AH previews are needed. No doubt.

In game marriage.. don’t really care either way.

LFG auto-queue? Not a fan of that idea. I’ve seen what they tend to do to games.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

Excuse my ignorance but what’s an AH preview?

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

gricks.1897

AH preview = So you can preview armor or weapons on the auction house. Currently you can only preview…well…everything else.

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

hmm I don’t use the Trading Posts for anything other than materials, that’s why I didn’t know you can’t preview gear in there but I agree it’s needed.

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

Raids are meh. I prefer open-world raids over dungeon crawler raids.

Class Specific armors would be nice.

‘Drop Specialties’… not even sure where to stand on this. On one hand it sounds neat. on the other… well. Look at Magic find? I don’t want dungeons to go all WoW with having to run them 100+ times due to RNG. Tokens are guaranteed. Drops aren’t.

AH previews are needed. No doubt.

In game marriage.. don’t really care either way.

LFG auto-queue? Not a fan of that idea. I’ve seen what they tend to do to games.

But have you seen any of the open world boss fights which are essentially “open world raids”? They are boring as hell. But they cannot be anything other but that. In open world, you cant have organization, so Anet is VERY limited in what they can and cannot do in a “open world raid”.

When i used to play WoW a few years back….i LOVED raids….but at the same time i HATED them. I loved them because they were fun as hell….i hated them because just trying to get all the players and right classes was a big pain in the butt if you were not in a good guild. GW2 does not have one of the problems, as technically there is no holy trinity. So the only problem left would be how to get enough people to get into the raid. I believe having a system like spvp, where there is a lobby for people to automatically go in would be the best solution.

So in more detail here is my idea:

Player x wants to run x raid.
Player x creates a “game”
This creates a joinable “game” in the lobby
Player x can password it or make it open for all

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

So you are saying world bosses are just zerg fests, and since there is no more holy trinity, you want to be able to form a raid so you can have an organized zerg fest?

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

So you are saying world bosses are just zerg fests, and since there is no more holy trinity, you want to be able to form a raid so you can have an organized zerg fest?

With him in charge presumably.

Raids. Large controlled access groups to do higher level instances. Admission to said instances controlled by the small groups…gear check needed. We’ll vote to kick you if someone better geared shows up..etc, etc

See the road this starts to go down. There are any number of games where you can get your raid fix. But raids as being discussed here and in other threads goes against the basic philosophy of inclusiveness that ANet has struggled to foster…I hope.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Personal views and hopes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

@Stevoli

Your words not mines! I think what you are so obviously trying to get at is that raids are just a zerg fest, which is completely true. Tbh, i rather have organized zerg fests than a mindless one. At least Anet can make it more challenging. Though that is not the purpose. Anet needs to make battles where a big amount of players participate into NOT zerg fests through gameplay additions and/or changes.

@Raf

I will ignore your smartass remark as i have found it to be futile to argue with internet warriors, fanboys, or w/e you may be.

If you find the current implementation of “world raids” to be fun, then all the power to you. Anet has successfully made a gameplay mechanic that suits you. That said, the game was not only made for players like you. GW2 has many different types of players and it is my believe that Anet has tried to appeal to as many type of players as possible. So if hypothetically Anet makes raids similar to what i suggested, you are very much welcome NOT to do those. That type of content is not for you. You however are VERY welcome to KEEP doing world bosses and future world bosses Anet will add to the game.

Also, it seems like you read what you want to read. When i say “player x”, it doesnt mean that “x” is a specific name. It means that it can be any random player. That includes you and me and every single player in the game. If YOU “create” a raid game and you want to do gear check, i will simply refuse to join your game and go with a different one. Simple? Yah, i thought so.