Pet Casting Time

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

Why is it that, as a Necromancer, the pet cast time on land is 1.5 seconds…and 0.5 seconds underwater??

The 0.5 second cast time is very nice, could you please adjust the land casting time to 0.5 seconds too?

Being put out of a fight for 1.5 seconds to summon a pet, when you are zoomancer spec, is not a very nice thing to have to deal with…

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

I bet you’re glad you’re not a ranger with a bird that does a 2.5 second aerobatic display before it even flies to the target

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Kitedyou.1720

Please adjust the land casting time down because taking us out of the fight for 1.5 seconds to cast a pet is just terrible. The fact that the ranger pet reportedly takes 2.5 seconds to attack doesn’t really concern me because (I believe, correct me if I am wrong) the ranger is still able to attack in that time; Necro’s can’t because they are tied up summoning a pet…putting the Necro at a huge disadvantage…

Sea of Sorrows

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Kitedyou.1720

I will not let this issue slip by the wayside; ANet needs to pay attention to this because being removed from combat for 1.5 seconds to summon a pet is not right.

Sea of Sorrows

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i should probably shut up since i’m not a necro, or at least a not esperienced one.
but also other classes have slow summoning. for example the weapon summoned by an elementalist it take for ever to finish and if you kyte while doing the casting is interrupted.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

actually, the pet cast time is, in my opinion, completely unrealistic. i do not play my necro with pets, but ranger is designed for this, right? guess who never uses the F2 on her pets, with her ranger? why? Because by the time the pet actually does the bloody damage, the target’s dead.

perfectly USELESS.

(edited by Moderator)

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Kitedyou.1720

Well, to be pigeonholed into playing only a certain spec. on a class because it is the only viable option is not very fun. I have always liked to go and spec differently and go against the grain. It would be nice to have Necro pets summoned at the same, quick, speed on land as when in water. That 0.5 second summoning times is nice because it allows us to get back into combat sooner, making us less vulnerable.

The fact that other classes have slow casting times for some things isn’t surprising; I have to ask, Amadan, does it do a lot of damage?

Sea of Sorrows

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I support this. Especially for a minionmancer since Necro pets are designed to be disposable. They don’t have self healing or out of combat healing with the build. That means you may very well be going into combat with almost dead pets. That means it takes 7.5 seconds to summon all 5 of your pets and they don’t attack your target till you attack it twice. So that’s 7.5 seconds plus two attacks before they start doing damage. if they die to aoe they are then on CD before you can use them. if you do get to use them, they are expected to die wich is that same long process all over again.

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Kitedyou.1720

One thing that is strange, Dustfinger, is that all of the pets don’t have a 1.5 second casting time…I don’t understand why there is a variation like this, but there is…kinda silly that it isn’t normalized to a 0.5 second time like it is in water combat.

To expand on this slightly…the other “Elite” abilities (non-racial) kill off all of your pets…what gives with that?!

Sea of Sorrows

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Meryt, " bet you’re glad you’re not a ranger with a bird that does a 2.5 second aerobatic display before it even flies to the target"

lol

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Kitedyou.1720

Meryt, " bet you’re glad you’re not a ranger with a bird that does a 2.5 second aerobatic display before it even flies to the target"

lol

Yeah, I found that to be hysterical as well…but it isn’t a big issue, in my eyes, because it doesn’t fully remove the ranger from combat…

Sea of Sorrows

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

One thing that is strange, Dustfinger, is that all of the pets don’t have a 1.5 second casting time…I don’t understand why there is a variation like this, but there is…kinda silly that it isn’t normalized to a 0.5 second time like it is in water combat.

To expand on this slightly…the other “Elite” abilities (non-racial) kill off all of your pets…what gives with that?!

That does seem silly. Seems unnecessary not to have a standard casting time on necro. And sillier still not to have that casting time be fairly short for a class that constantly needs to summon them.

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

pets need more health more than anything and also the spirits do. everything the hunter summons dies quickly… still love hunter tho XD

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die

Pet Casting Time

in Suggestions

Kitedyou.1720

pets need more health more than anything and also the spirits do. everything the hunter summons dies quickly… still love hunter tho XD

Yeah, this is true for the Bone Fiend, that kitten thing dies in two hits more often than not… The other ones are pretty hardy though…at least I think so.

Sea of Sorrows