Petition: Make REPORTING matter!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Primexes.2165

Primexes.2165

Hey Players (of the video game type, if you are of the other type… good for you!)

This is a petition to adjust the REPORTING function so that it has more meaning than the current system.

REPORTING matters, it is the sub-policing of the game by its own players. It gives us the option to alert A-net to problems in the game… however when you may have a staff capacity of 500+ and a gaming community of a BAGILLION.. then a couple thousands of reports are hard to sift through and act on.

SUGGESTION: The reporting system, should have an AUTO-ACCOUNT BAN function on it, my current idea is that should an account receive 200 reports within 24hrs, then the account should be automatically suspended. I find that it would be semi-difficult to kitten off 200 people for simply being a kitten in any of the main channels. Maybe 100, 150 tops with your annoying trolling – However if the consent became that MASS REPORTING of spammers, scammer, gold sellers; automatically suspended and removed a BOT/SCAMMER from the game… it would become more active and a part of game culture to report and remove problematic accounts.

on the FLIP-SIDE, if your got auto suspended by the community – it would be less work to re-activate a few accounts, than ban a few thousand accounts. This system may be open to some abuse, it is definitely not iron-clad and the cap could probably be adjust to something like 500 depending on the actual amount of times a problems account gets reported in 24hrs on average. However I genuinely feel the majority of help can outweigh the minority of abuse – possibly because I feel I have never done anything kitten off 200 people on my server (although I think on the activation of this system, i may be the first to feel the sting of abuse… for the sake of irony i guess, although I am prepared for that, and I feel that if I can’t put up with the brunt of my own system, I have no right suggesting it. Let the cards fall as they may.).

PETITION: so, if you agree with this system, or feel that parts of this suggestion may be worthy of A-net looking into. Please drop a /signed or anything representing your agreement. If you disagree with this, and feel that maybe the backlash of abuse of such a system – please do not tab in a post, as the success of this petition will account for the replies.

Discussion: If you disagree with this system, or have an opinion on this system feel free to discuss it in the discussion thread. Discussion: Make REPORTING matter!

Pxs.

(edited by Primexes.2165)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Primexes.2165

Primexes.2165

/signed … ofcourse.

Pxs

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

Sorry, but I disagree with that. I’ve seen and known far too many large troll guilds, that would take advantage of that in a heart beat.

/denied

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Sorry, but I disagree with that. I’ve seen and known far too many large troll guilds, that would take advantage of that in a heart beat.

/denied

Yes, but like making a false report to the police, it would be risky to mass report players and then have your entire guild be suspended for false reports. To me, these types of abuses should be easy to spot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kkitten.2749

Kkitten.2749

The problem is trolling is not against the rules. Thats ok, honestly I would like to also see them gone, however there is as you said a flaw, what if I have a large guild, and someone pisses me off… just say over something dumb and petty who is to say we cant get them auto banned? or as you said a troll, I think this would be drastically over abused… If you coudl think it through a little more and offer more detailed ways to make that work like filling the gaps and loopholes they mgiht pick it up… now if they only had a server ment for the trolls that we could auto send them to… perm hee hee