Phantasms

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: LostAsylum.3018

LostAsylum.3018

I’ve been playing a Mesmer for a few months now. I would like to suggest anet makes a change to phantasms and clones. When our target dies all our clones and phantasms die. I would like them to be permanent like a necros minions and a ranger pets. Permanent till shattered or killed.

Lil Kin Zen (PPOL)
Yea I kill People.

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i would be so happy about it.. at least when tons of mobs swarm an area we shouldn’t star again since this means less tag for loot.
but i already can see people crying to the wall of despair on how the mesmers are already overpowered without them to be able to have illusions always up.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: LostAsylum.3018

LostAsylum.3018

It would also be nice if phantasms and clones would switch targets if you switched target. Which would go along with the whole always up till shattered or killed topic.

Lil Kin Zen (PPOL)
Yea I kill People.

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: dadamowsky.4692

dadamowsky.4692

There’s no need for perma phantasm. Even more, perma phantasm would require a rebuild of a whole class since mesmers would be… well, vastly OP. If you want a minion master then you should definetely switch to the necro.

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

There’s no need for perma phantasm. Even more, perma phantasm would require a rebuild of a whole class since mesmers would be… well, vastly OP. If you want a minion master then you should definetely switch to the necro.

OP how so?

Clones/Phantasms have the lowest health & armor of all summons… hell even bone minions are more resilient than most clones… several clones have what seems like 1HP and 0Armor….

Additionally… clones are the primary source of both offense and defense for a Mesmer… Mesmers are the only class that loses over half their effectiveness and survivability every time they kill something.

At the very least illusions should be able to persist until the end of combat.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

and btw clones does real damage only when shattered, so i don’t see a problem with keeping them when target dies

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I agree that this is unneeded and op considering the rate at which we can output new illusions. And considering how we’re stealth nerfed with each patch, it won’t happen anyway. They should better fix existing bugs instead of changing basic game mechanics.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

and btw clones does real damage only when shattered, so i don’t see a problem with keeping them when target dies

Depends on your build and weapon. For example, I play a condition damage mesmer, While clones don’t do direct damage with their attack, the phase retreat clone (skill 2 on staff) applies random conditions to enemies on each attack, plus if you have sharper images (15 points on dueling) all illusions (including clones) apply bleeding when they crit, so while they don’t really do damage, 3 clones applying bleeding with high condition damage and crit chance adds up quickly.

Personally with the rate we can produce clones I don’t see it much of an issue of them dying with their target, of course, depending on build… and I don’t really mind having my clones die when a mob dies, but most likely because of build, since because of traits I have my clones apply cripple, confusion and a random condition to all nearby enemies when they die, so I usually just let them die (I can produce more quick enough) or just shatter them whem the mob I’m fighting is about to die.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

If you think illusions only do dmg when shattered, you are running the wrong build.
If you think you lose all effectiveness, when your illusions die, you are running the wrong build.

I’m sorry, as much as I’d love to see this happen (I think every mesmer would XP), it would be WAY too overpowered. Simple as that.

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I think Clones and Phantasms should be active until out of combat. Once out of combat I do not think Mesmers should have 3 clones/Phantasms up as that’s not how the class is designed. But to auto-break the clones on target’s death is stupid playing in my books.

Ive been playing a mesmer since month 2 after release, and other then this fact (the clones breaking on targets death) the class is one of my favorites to play (in both WvW/PvE). If we could have our Clones/Phantasms up and active until we are out of combat I think it would make the class that much better/enjoyable to play.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Monitoring enemy health and switching to a different target once the first one is about to die to maximize illusion uptime is part of mesmer’s gameplay, I actually like that concept.

If you think illusions only do dmg when shattered, you are running the wrong build.
If you think you lose all effectiveness, when your illusions die, you are running the wrong build.

I’m sorry, as much as I’d love to see this happen (I think every mesmer would XP), it would be WAY too overpowered. Simple as that.

I guess he was referring to clones there.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Phantasms

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

agreed, keeping illusions after the target died would be way OP. just imagine running into a mesmer in pvp, the mesmer summoned 3 duelist’s in advance, you fail to dodge the magic bullet and dont have a stun breaker. then you take 12k damage.

Mesmers are the only class that loses over half their effectiveness and survivability every time they kill something.

thats not true. with that “logic” i would lose half my survivability and effectiveness each time i shatter aswell.
hint: only noobs spend time hitting clones, and mesmers have much more survival options.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.