Play as inquest, flame legion, nightmare (new story branch)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

The “bad guys” in Tyria are completely misunderstood, i play charr and have looked into a little flame legion lore and i can say that i 60% support them, I am pretty sure the Nightmare court and Inquest also have good reason to stand by what they believe like the fact that all sylvari should have been evil dragon minions but something happened there…

My suggestion was to let the story branch off at some point (maybe lvl 80) and let us choose what we support. Give them separate lvl 80 areas to go to and if the other faction comes into that zone then they can get attacked. This could possibly introduce world pvp i would prefer this because WVW does not fit lore what so ever. that would be awesome but probably to many casuals in this game would moan about that.

I know there is lots of consequences to adding this but what do you think?

(edited by Sef.6918)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I like the idea in my head, but I’m not 100% sure how it would all work in-game.
Still, would be nice, would give way to some great roleplaying too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jennytheturtle.8659

Jennytheturtle.8659

Yes. Please. I was wondering about this. It would be awesome 8D though I was worried that if I clicked the wrong thing once and then it would take my character to the nightmare court (for sylvari obv) when I didn’t want them to join. That’s probably the only problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

I like the idea in my head, but I’m not 100% sure how it would all work in-game.
Still, would be nice, would give way to some great roleplaying too.

Ye im not sure either but im sure if some professionals developers sat around a table and discussed then it mite work

Yes. Please. I was wondering about this. It would be awesome 8D though I was worried that if I clicked the wrong thing once and then it would take my character to the nightmare court (for sylvari obv) when I didn’t want them to join. That’s probably the only problem.

Im guessing you would get a super warning text telling you your about to join the inquest/nightmare etc and the personal story would teach you ALOT more about them prior to joining them so you know what they are about.

(edited by Sef.6918)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

If you support the Flame Legion, and think they’re misunderstood, you obviously didn’t read the right lore. Unless you like the idea of being what is basically the Dalek of Tyria, most defeated beings in the whole universe.

If you think that the Inquest is a good idea to play, you should look up what an evil Nazi scientist in an old British or American movie is like, ’cause they’re the same character archetype.

And for the Nightmare Court, pick any dark and evil cult type character. Not exactly a heroic adventurer.

Next, let’s look at how the game is designed around you being a character who kills these people. Unless you want whole mirrored versions of content, you’d be completely out of sync with the rest of the world.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kermit.1753

Kermit.1753

I support this 100% just to have world pvp