Playable Krait + expanding Tyrian relations!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khina.6581

Khina.6581

I recently thought about how awesome it would be to be able to play as Krait, explore their society and fight the yet unnamed deep sea elder dragon to reclaim the Unending Ocean!

After having done some reading on Krait, I soon realized some complications on how to integrate this vicious race into Tyria. The Krait have so far not been in the need of cooperation with any other race, but I thought as follows:

1. As of right now, they still have no need to cooperate.
2. But the deep sea elder dragon and Zhaitan are both threatening them.
2. They are a proud and highly intelligent race, so they probably want to reclaim their homesea.
3. This would force them to swallow their pride for the time being, and seek union with the Vigil, Lionguard etc. = Lore integration!

Imagine how amazing it would be to have your starting area in some place deep underwater, and then be able to go to Lion’s Arch and do the stuff all the other races do!

Thanks in advance!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladoni.4317

Eladoni.4317

Nice thought there!
But i think that b4 they will do that – there should be another maps only for swimming , add something for the WvW battle system that will be sieges underwater , and make people want to come underwater and fight there- and that kind of stuff. – that will totally be awesome! (:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

This just won’t happen. The krait are ravaging the coasts, slaving and slaughtering every race they can find. Suddenly they woul be like: ‘oh, let’s makepeace with everybody, give up all what we are and ask for help from those squishy ones we used to enslave’ – yeah, sure..

Not to mention the combat issues, jumping, and so on.

I don1t know how can people come up with the weirdest new playable race ideas.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tekietee.5037

Tekietee.5037

I’d honestly hate slithering on land all the time..
You kind of missed thinking about the gear…

Leg/boot armor?
Weird tail accessories I’m guessing? Uhh.. they cast a spell for legs for land movement?
Krait are always lurking by water.. What do you do when you see a krait in the middle of a Desert/Volcano/Jungle?

Devils Advocate

Quaggan are more likely a water-based race. And even then, they’re sort of too simple.

The Kodan and the Tengu are the best bets.
Quaggan, and Hylek are close seconds.
Third rank would have to be Centaur and Krait.
Don’t even joke to me about Skritt please lol.

All in all, I’m happy with the few we’ve got. More makes new items (specially armor) take longer to get out due to the skinning for yet another race + Male / Female..

Id be happier with quest lines to help them out, as well as more playable professions any day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

ArenaNet has very few races that are completely evil, and will not associate with any other playable race. The Krait are one of them. From a lore perspective it would be impossible to make them a playable race. This is about as likely as flying mounts.

in Suggestions

Gandarel.5091

The Kodans got no capital, they are just refugees, with simple story and they have too much in common with the Norn.

Quaggan, Hylek, Skritt and so on, they are called the ‘lesser races’, so no.

Our only possible option are the tengu, and i think we will get them soon.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Suggestions

Khina.6581

Good feedback by some, not so much by others

The questline would obviously consist of turning the minds of the already indoctrinated Krait constitutions. This is hard and will prove a challenge for Anet, but that’s the whole point! It’s supposed to be hard, there is supposed to be a conflict to solve.

The Krait would be so amazingly interesting to explore: The society, the religious dogma, the history, architecture etc. etc.

The only reason why Anet wouldn’t embark on such a task, is because the fanbase isn’t responding in a positive enough manner here.

So repost this so that others who didn’t see this the first time round, will!

in Suggestions

Gandarel.5091

Give up dude. They made lots of bad lore decisions, starting with destroying the lroe of Gw1 and focusng only on dragons. kraits are just a bad idea that can’t be carried out.

If you know nothing about the lore then you should stop.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Suggestions

Khina.6581

Give up dude. They made lots of bad lore decisions, starting with destroying the lroe of Gw1 and focusng only on dragons. kraits are just a bad idea that can’t be carried out.

If you know nothing about the lore then you should stop.

I beg to disagree.. If you’ve got nothing new and constructive to come up with, please refrain from posting more pointless arguments that only sum up what I’ve already stated will be a problem.

Why do you even play a game if you’re not interested in massive expansions for free? You wouldn’t have to play as a Krait if you don’t want to, and I hardly doubt it would affect the other races that much, with the exception of new areas to explore.

in Suggestions

Gandarel.5091

I’m trying to save your from wasting time on this suggestion. No offense.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Suggestions

Khina.6581

I’m trying to save your from wasting time on this suggestion. No offense.

My time is better wasted replying to you, sir..

And there are tons of other sucky suggestions that you can save from having time wasted on them. Just sayin’