Player Moderators

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Overcast.5612

Overcast.5612

I think this would benefit the community greatly. Self explanatory.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d say that’d greatly depend on the character of the player.

Not to mention there should be penalties if that player mod abuses the power given to them.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Seen it before, terrible idea.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

not trustworthy enough

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Not going to happen.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Terrible idea. What if a player moderator is blindly in favour of mounts, raids, holy trinity or open world PvP, or wants the game to be a sub-free version of WoW? You would be giving them the power to delete posts/ban anybody who disagrees with them!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

Terrible idea. What if a player moderator is blindly in favour of mounts, raids, holy trinity or open world PvP, or wants the game to be a sub-free version of WoW? You would be giving them the power to delete posts/ban anybody who disagrees with them!

The other side could be the people who are blindly against mounts, raids, holy trinity or open world PvP could easily ban those who are in favour of these additions.

Both of these as an argument makes no sense. If a mod did do that, they could easily be reported for misconduct, and they’d have the right to mod revoked, and potentially banned from the forums.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ But the damage would already have been done.
Players might quit because of that and the game itself might take a massive blow because of “idiotic mods”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

Players might quit because of that and the game itself might take a massive blow because of “idiotic mods”.

True.

Like I said in my first post, the benefit is largely dependent on the character of the people who want to be mods.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Now where did I see this before….
Oh right, that’s it: TOSERS Terms Of Service Enforcement Response Squad

Not a good idea

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

True.

Like I said in my first post, the benefit is largely dependent on the character of the people who want to be mods.

More often than not, the players that want to be mods are the ones who should never be mods.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

More often than not, the players that want to be mods are the ones who should never be mods.

“It is a curious thing, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.” – Albus Dumbledore

Seemed appropriate. And yeah, you’re probably right.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Player Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Speaking as someone who has been thrust into moderator slots on forums and websites, I can tell you that it isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, lol. I don’t think we need to have the position, anyway, because we’re dealing with a large company that is trying to do new things. If you aren’t paid to do new things then you’ll only ever grasp for what you want, and we as humans want what we already know most of the time.

Also, terrific reference!

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023