Player-Owned Houses?

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheProcreator.9583

TheProcreator.9583

Note: Only serious comments please.

What do you guys think about player-owned or guild-owned houses? In lack of guild halls, it seems like this would be a really cool solution that could also function as a significant material and gold sink. Certain rooms can be utilized for crafting stations (ex. Kitchen = chef station) while other rooms can be utilized for various guild activities, historical documentation (ex. living world lore; guild or player stats; armor & weapon set display).

Just a few ideas, I know that there could be potential for so much more but this might spark some cool thoughts on the subject.

EDIT: This has turned into a suggestion area for the potential of player-owned house and guild hall features. I am now aware that ArenaNet is looking into this.

(edited by TheProcreator.9583)

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

Posted by: raseloc.6932

raseloc.6932

I am pretty sure Anet has said they will be adding Guild Halls.

Guild – Savants[ijit]
Gate of Madness

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

TheProcreator.9583

Just did a search and found a similar thread. I’d really like for them to make this more well-known to the players instead of some comment on a thread. Still, this makes me pretty happy to see this:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/18447-guild-info-discussion-thread/page__st__180#entry887047

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woulv.4392

Woulv.4392

I have been thinking about this for some time and i believe our home instances could work perfectly with some minor adjustments (like crafting stations etc.) It could also be used as a gold/karma sink, adding an upgradable side to it^^ furniture (resurch equip for asuras), wallpaper… and maybe a “pet house” for our minis?

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraph.6145

Seraph.6145

I’m pretty sure that ANet mentioned Player’s House located in every Major City!
It will be instanced for everybody and will change according to player’s achievements and progress in story…
Or something like that – they mentioned it long before game’s release, but couldn’t implement it coz deadline…

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

TheProcreator.9583

I have been thinking about this for some time and i believe our home instances could work perfectly with some minor adjustments (like crafting stations etc.) It could also be used as a gold/karma sink, adding an upgradable side to it^^ furniture (resurch equip for asuras), wallpaper… and maybe a “pet house” for our minis?

I would like more of a customizable experience for player houses (or at least the option for it). Almost like you are the architect and you get full creative freedom as long as you have the gold, materials, and karma.

I am curious about the wallpaper idea. What do you mean by that?

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

TheProcreator.9583

I’m pretty sure that ANet mentioned Player’s House located in every Major City!
It will be instanced for everybody and will change according to player’s achievements and progress in story…
Or something like that – they mentioned it long before game’s release, but couldn’t implement it coz deadline…

I hope that we get more freedom than that, though. If it is based off of achievements and story progress, I feel that it would be a bit limited.

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I do not support any suggestion which serves to remove players from the “massively mulitplayer” aspects of the game. We are already spread thin between the various farms (e.g. champ or world boss trains), dungeons, and guild-specific activities.

I like this kind of customization, but prefer to see it only in the type of games in which players already have that level of control. I personally don’t think it suits GW2 in its current and established form.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Player-Owned Houses?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Russell The God.4912

Russell The God.4912

this is something i want and i cant wait for it to be added to guildwars 2