Player/Player Trading System

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diablo.3570

Diablo.3570

Okay I don’t know if this has already been posted (I’ve looked found nothing but if still, I give full credit to the person who posted this.) but I’m going to bring it up again. Anet should add this to Guild Wars 2 because I find it to be totally ridiculous that just to trade someone an item or money you have to mail it to them and we all know that not everybody is going to be totally honest with their trades. Yes I say keep the mailing system but just add in trading amongst each and every player. =D

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

Yea, this sounds like a good idea. Not only should they do this, but they should make more stuff that is currently account bound trade-able, and more soulbound stuff account bound. There’s some stuff I’d really like to be able to trade AT LEAST with my friends…maybe they could implement some sort of “friendbound” system, where you’d be able to give anything account bound to five of your friends.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Everybody hates taxes….God I know I hate taxes…there are a few things in life that are a guarantee….those are death and taxes…..you are gonna have to do both of these things eventually over the space of your life.

So allowing for a player to player trade system, you want Anet to stop getting its tax, which in this case is not really a tax as much as it is a method to get rid of the mass quantities of gold that is in the system. The Sink that the Trading Post takes some of this excess gold out of the market is a much needed system, but more importantly it serves a much greater purpose.

The bigger picture here is no more trade spam within the chat system….since Day 1, I have, if rarely, ever seen anyone asking for trades in chat. Next is the lack of being scammed though a person to person trade system. If you want to say that right now that you are taking a great chance trading with other people though the mail system, then you are absolutely correct, but you gotta understand you are not using the available tools provided. Another would be anonymity, when you do trades you do not have to know who the person is, you don’t have to listen to the stories about how they think you should lower your prices, when in fact you know what the going rates are. I would rather pay the taxes(sink) to guarantee that these things are not a even a thought in my trades.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Oh and lets not forget Time, the Trading Post with the ability to post to it anywhere in the game, is a great time saver. One thing I hated more than paying taxes, was trying to sell my very expensive/rare item though a trade chat back in GW1. The time I spent haggling over the price of an item was one of the biggest time wasters playing that game…It is a game, I’d rather be playin it, than hearing the lies about how much something cost.

Just this one time I am happy paying my taxes.
Now if you want to complain, that when you sell to a Buy Order that the tax for that should be less, since you are not listing the item, you should not have to pay the Listing Tax, I would join you on that one. If you are selling to the highest BO you should not be required to come up with a listing fee just to make the sale, it should just sale the item and take away all of the taxes that should be required and send you your gold. I guess the new fee should be designed for this purpose call it a Handling Fee but a tad less than the current Listing Fee.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Polishpk.2985

Polishpk.2985

Let’s say you have no trading agent nearby and you need food. I want to give food to my party on the spot. However, the existence of trading post and mailing makes trading obsolete in this game. Not to mention the fact that everything worth is bound.

IGN: Polish P K Profession: Elementalist World: Maguuma
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/A-few-ideas-3/first#post3433815

in Suggestions

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

My guess is that part of the reason there is no trading system is to help combat the Bot/Gold seller issue. Mail system lets them data mine a little easier. Far as I know there is no tax on mailed items and the cost is low

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

The tax is also their to make micro transactions and high volume TP movement a less feasible way to make heaps of gold for doing nothing. Granted the TP is still a great place to speculate and make money if you know what your doing, not everyone will do it, thus avoiding an entire game population of ‘thousandaires’. If TP and Gem trading wasn’t regulated by taxes, prices would fluctuate wildly 24/7 and inflation would be a virulent plague to the point anything valuable would be hundreds of gold minimum which wouldn’t be fair for the casual and non-speculating crowds. The 15% tax may seem terrible at first but a simple 5 min Econ.101 study will prove it saves you more money in the long run than you can ever imagine. This is the reason trades are funneled through this system unless you take the high risk mailing option. Hope that was all coherent and makes sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Every MMO I have ever seen with a personal trading system, has had the trading system used to duplicate gear. The lack of a trade system prevents duping and cheating.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c