Please Merge Low Pop Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: FLEUR.7458

FLEUR.7458

I am so tired of logging on to this game and playing all by myself. Even in starting race areas I don’t see anyone! I want to have fun and enjoy this game but its hard when my only interaction with other players is through the trading post, and I can hardly explore the world because I can’t solo the mobs that come along with dynamic event system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

You can’t merge all the servers!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Godwin.3169

Godwin.3169

There is a function called ‘guesting’. You might want to explore that option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ulsha.9485

Ulsha.9485

Guesting it fine to a point but with some of the events that are unrolling it will mean more lower pop. servers guesting to higher servers for better odds of completing a event. If you read the new Teq event you’ll see that low pop servers will have serious problems getting it completed at all but the highest activity times. This in turn means server natives will find themselves more and more into the overflow by folks attending or even just parking a server waiting for a event.

in Suggestions

FLEUR.7458

I don’t remember suggesting merging ALL of the servers together, though, one cannot deny the biggest (or atleast, more reputable) downfall of GW2 is no one seems to play anymore. You can argue it all you want but that doesn’t mean its not one of the largest concerns found with even the simplest of browsing GW2 reviews. This is any easy way to fix this issue. Also, I have explored guesting, but what good does it do if I guest into a “high population” server and find the same issue? Try again tomorrow?

in Suggestions

FLEUR.7458

And when I say “Easy” I don’t mean it won’t take hard work and lots of preparation, but rather its a rational solution. Merging servers would create higher populations. The only workaround would be that when the servers became more active (players started returning) the game could run overflow servers. (which I think would be viable since there would be less real servers running at all times).

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Guesting it fine to a point but with some of the events that are unrolling it will mean more lower pop. servers guesting to higher servers for better odds of completing a event. If you read the new Teq event you’ll see that low pop servers will have serious problems getting it completed at all but the highest activity times. This in turn means server natives will find themselves more and more into the overflow by folks attending or even just parking a server waiting for a event.

This kind of bugs me about guesting during lots of major events like this. I don’t like the idea that someone can guest to my home server and take a spot that might push me into overflow. Then I end up in overflow and if people who had guested to my server got into overflow before me they are ahead in the cue.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revan Malise.5107

Revan Malise.5107

How about reverse overflow. Kill dead maps on servers forcing all servers to play overflow until that map gets more use then expand it again.