Please add multiple trait specs in the shop!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uhkapian.7068

Uhkapian.7068

Please add multiple trait specs in the cash shop so we can respec into various specs…

I will pay good money for it.

Thanks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

pay to win? meh

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

pay to win? meh

How is that pay to win? I think he’s asking for a template so he can readily switch build without respecing every time.

in Suggestions

Daywolf.2630

pay to win? meh

How is that pay to win? I think he’s asking for a template so he can readily switch build without respecing every time.

When something is sold in the shop which is not a purely cosmetic item, but effects game play, it is considered a pay-to-win item.

So if I can instantly switch my d/d stealth thief to something else (say with pistols) instantly within wvw, anytime I want without any real repercussions, and the other guy can’t, then I have the advantage. Paying real money for an advantage, forcing others to do the same to keep up, is pay-to-win. Really bad way to go, would be huge criticism for anet.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Dual spec is necessary in every game. It’s ridiculous that their patch notes for today have an instant respec item that’s temporary and that only has 1 use per but they still haven’t joined the rest of the mmo genre with a multispec option and a ui to switch. Talk about only thinking about every dime and not the comfort of the playerbase!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

pay to win? meh

When something is sold in the shop which is not a purely cosmetic item, but effects game play, it is considered a pay-to-win item.

I disagree. This doesn’t give you an advantage, it’s simply a convenience item. You know so you can switch from a dungeon build to a wvw build, etc. Of course, they have to disable it on sPvP and part of WvW (like you can only use it inside citadel).

in Suggestions

Daywolf.2630

I’d have no problem with saving multiple spec templates, then using a respec item to change when needed, but not an item linked to real money transactions. bad-bad

in Suggestions

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Dual spec is necessary in every game. !

it’s really not.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

I’d have no problem with saving multiple spec templates, then using a respec item to change when needed, but not an item linked to real money transactions. bad-bad

Not only that, but ~1$/~2g per use of this fairly simple feature seems a bit hefty as well.

It’s a rather big convenience in some situations (being able to switch traits in dungeons for example, nobody leaves a dungeon halfway through to reset their traits), but ‘’pay to win’’ implies far worse than this.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

It isn’t necessary, and respecs are cheap in this game anyway. However, it is convenient to not have to port to a City/Outpost to reset them completely. The game can certainly be played without it, but for min/maxers or strategists it is nice to be able to do X and then switch to Y when you want to. I would enjoy being able to set specific templates to be able to switch to, even if I had to go to a city to change them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Dual spec is necessary in every game. !

it’s really not.

Actually it is and there’s proof right in your very own main’s talent tree. There isn’t even a dual spec for when you dive into the water because every class I’ve spent time on has different talents for different weapons and they skills you choose for these underwater weapons are almost always NOT what you’d choose for land!

Amazes me how many people are just so complacent with them yet again not putting something into the game ui that is a standard feature in most other titles and which exists in every F2P game I’ve ever played but instead is using it as another means to nickle and dime the public.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Suggestions

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

i think templates would be a plus, but they d probably need to not be an anywhere anytime thing. Ideally they d also need to change armor, which would be a bit more complex.

But i think to make it work well, they d first have to make armor stats into unlocks, so templates dont require heavy armor/item management. (also makes builds less of an inventory/annoyance issue) and more of a progression issue. Of course that too requires a lot of work, but i think it would be more beneficial to the game in a number of ways. Perhaps available any where you can repair armor, outside of dungeons.

I dont think standard templates or whatever they use to solve the problem should be gem shop only. It should unlocked through some in game events/activities/story, and possibly more templates can be purchased after for additional gems. The functionality kind of needs to be available to all, if its available to anyone

in Suggestions

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

pay to win? meh

So if I can instantly switch my d/d stealth thief to something else (say with pistols) instantly within wvw, anytime I want without any real repercussions, and the other guy can’t, then I have the advantage. Paying real money for an advantage, forcing others to do the same to keep up, is pay-to-win. Really bad way to go, would be huge criticism for anet.

Obviously you wouldn’t be able to change mid battle, maybe not even in WvW at all.

Although I believe spec templates should be standard in this game, if it did come in the form of the gem shop, I’d certainly buy it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

pay to win? meh

So bag slots and bank slots is p2w?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Suggestions

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Please enlighten me as to what benefit the Trait item in the shop gives me over carrying around 5s training manuals in my bag that already reset my traits “in the field.”

(edited by azurrei.5691)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NightmareFiction.5478

NightmareFiction.5478

You can buy gems using gold…

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Please enlighten me as to what benefit the Trait item in the shop gives me over carrying around 5s training manuals in my bag that already reset my traits “in the field.”

Didn’t ANet disable that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

Didn’t ANet disable that?

Yes. A while ago.

in Suggestions

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Maybe I’m way too cynical and jaded, but it seems like they want to nickle and dime you to do nearly everything. I was expecting they’d implement spec templates and we’d probably have to pay an automatic respec cost that’s higher than normal (and be out of combat of course), but gemstore items??? They are really really desperate to get people into that store.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I was going to make a post about this as well but found this first. How come in the original guild wars we could change and save templates free of charge but here they want to gouge you for it? With all the possible builds, the template system should have been in this game from launch. I don`t even know why I need to go to a trainer to reset my traits. Why can`t the trait up and down allocation buttons be constantly turned on so I can adjust my style of play whenever I want to? If they want to make some money how about making some armor and weapon skins to sell. Respeccing shouldn`t cost anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GigglyPants.3291

GigglyPants.3291

im fine with respeccing costing some money. i just want multiple traits i can switch for dungeons or pvp. I have to change it each time I fun a dungeon, very annoying

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

There really does need to be a simplified trait swap system than we currently have now and provided it happens OUT OF COMBAT, it’s fine.

What I do now is take a screen pic of my traits, then double click the pic later when I swap back later if I don’t recall. It works fine for me but it’s an unnecessary fiddly system that REALLY doesn’t need to be.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

pay to win? meh

The other guy also can without real money due to gold to gem exchange. I don’t think p2w can really exist in this game because you don’t need real money to buy things in the gem store. When the one time trait change was introduced no one cried p2w and this would just be a multiple use version of it