Please bring back dungeon respawning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nadakuu.6827

Nadakuu.6827

The idea of not being able to respawn in dungeons while other members are in combat is silly. it punishes new players from trying dungeons and it makes the game less casual as if you die it might mean minutes of downtime where you can not rejoin the game.

in what way is this improving the game ? it just slows everything down and gives alot of downtime, and any player would agree time where you cant do anything leads to boredom and eventually leads to ppl playing less.

so change it back please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

It was removed to eliminate rez-rushing and implement a level of coordination into an area that was meant to be played as a coordinated team.

DPS’ing until you die, rezzing, then running back in to rinse and repeat is not coordination.

It makes people think a little harder about their builds, tactics and teamwork this way.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

No, what it does is encourages people to pay attention to the fights.

What’s the point in having mechanics you need to use when the whole things can be ignored by throwing yourself at the boss?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nadakuu.6827

Nadakuu.6827

paying attention fine, but leaving newer players to simply spend most of their time dead and not learning the fights now is discouraging to them. and the odd time there is lag on some fights where you just happen to get killed, now you cant get back to help the team. fights still required coordination before , what this has done is made some dungeons a lot less fun.

it is just bad psychology for game programming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lenneth.1372

Lenneth.1372

It discourages people from running full glass cannons if they aren’t able to evade properly, and it also encourages people to actually rez teammates, since they can’t just run back into the fight.

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

It also encourages complacency.

Why bother learning the fight if you don’t need to?

Tell me, how does run > die > res, rinse and repeat make any sense at all?

Not only that, you don’t die straight away.

There is nothing wrong with failing, as long as you learn something from it. If you’re down, watch the fight.

And you mention that it’s bad psychology. Tell me what other MMO allows you to get up an infinite amount of times in a fight?

Hell, GW was even harsher. If your entire team died in a mission, you’d have to restart the entire mission.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lenneth.1372

Lenneth.1372

And you had the death penalty. Would love to see them put that in for people to experience for a weekend or something. They would appreciate the current system a lot more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

i dont mind the change much but at least Add a trait reset npc to the dungeon. as some dungeons become contested ocasionaly forcing you to wp somewhere far away until the event loads and is hopefully cleared or you walk your way back somehow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They do have to rebalance dungeons a little bit, maybe some difficulty settings so people can pick their challenge.

But wipes is something that was in the first GW and worked really well, and had to be brought back because of so many people simply teleporting away, focusing more on damage than on staying alive.

So if you are having trouble in a dungeon, bringing back waypoints during combat is NOT the solution, as it will only encourage you to play worse.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Punishment isn’t always a bad thing.

Being encouraged to do better is a good thing, and punishing all players for not working together in dungeons is a good thing.

This doesn’t just affect newbies. It hits experienced players too.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

At 1st I was skeptical about this new system, now that a few dungeons have passed I don’t see much of a difference.
So -1 to this

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I won’t be affected by this if the new system stays in place or the old system return.

In my opinion, I want the old system back.

The old system is great for new players to learn dungeons. When the new players keep dying in the old system. No one would care. It doesn’t affect the party much and we will be more willing to let the player continue. However, the new player will die a lot and he will learn from his mistakes. In the new system, If he keeps dying, I will be kicking him because he is holding back the group and he won’t know how he died because I don’t have time to bother explaining to new players.

When the new player learns, he won’t generate 11 silver repair bills. Instead, he’ll go through the dungeon smoothly and become a good player.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

I don’t have time to bother explaining to new players.

This is part of the problem. Everyone expects newbs to perform well, but hardly no-one takes the time to help them. Instead it’s ‘get it right or we’ll kick you’. It takes 5 mins to explain a fight, whether just before the fight, or while you’re waiting for group members, and could save you a whole lot more time in the long-run.

A mode where attack animations are extended, and damage is reduced would help teach fights better than the ability to zerg-rush.

After all, if you can win a fight just by waypoint ressing the boss to death, what’s the point in learning the fight?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

If he keeps dying, I will be kicking him because he is holding back the group and he won’t know how he died because I don’t have time to bother explaining to new players.

Great mentality there bud! You do realize everyone has a first time at some point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

In general i’ve to say, the whole dungeon design is crap, sorry to say so, but it is so.
Dungeons absolutely fail in generating any fun at all.
Or do you find it any fun to lie dead on the ground like mostly half of the time, of not even more, because of most of the enemies in the dungeons being massively overpowered.

I made yesterday a path of the nightmarecourt dungeon, that where you have to kill the that large tree monster.
We were successful at the end, but only because nobody wanted to give up and let the like douzens of silver we lost there together (everyone died like 20+ times 1,5 silver = 30 silver lost due to the f* repairing)

If this crap wouldn’t be already annoying enough, then you’ve always to run back the whole dungeon back to the place where you died, what you now can do only, if all are dead or at least not fighting for the game….extra annoying and absolutely NO FUN at all.

In my opinion is every dungeon, that is so massively OP, that you have to run back multiple times in them a massive fail design!.
ANet said, dungeons should be doable with any group and build constellation, but the game just feels totally punishing if the group has any glass cannons in or is using classes, that can’t provide any group healing support, like the Elementalist can passively.

When you fight against enemies, which nearly can kill everyone, regardless of class with 1-2 attacks, then theres abokittenely something wrong with dungeon design, where there do hit some silly trash mobs much stronger, than the final boss itself.
When a single enemy can basically wipe out the whole group in a minute.
And then you have to fight directly against like 5 of them together with a respawning wurm that has a way too overpowered range attack, that feels like they have with their attacks a range of 3000 or so, what is by far way too much.
Its Already doing AoE DoT damage with its sh**ty acid spit, there it doesn’t need then such a huge range with it also.
And then permanantly these super annoying regrowing poisonous plants just basically everywhere, which do also damage you way too fast, which should just only apply poison, but don’t do also damage to you.

The rewards are also all crap in regard for this hell where you went through and if your lucky, the money reward at the end is slightly higher than all that, what you’ve already lost before through the endless dying on the way to the end.

This is the reason, why surely not many people do the dungeons in GW2 at all, except Caudecus or Catacombs for speedruns, because most of the dungeons are so extreme overpowered and annoying to hell if you can do them basically successfully only, when you die through your way and are willing to waste alot of silver just for 60 dungeon tokens .

Nah, all the dungeons need in my opinion a serious complete conceptual redesign.

Certain enemies definetely in them need to be nerfed hard. The dungeon mechanics/traps aren’t mostly the reason, why people die through the dungeons and need to run back like a felt 100 times…it are only the way to OP enemies in them.
No enemies in any dungeon should be able to kill players in like 2 strikes!
So often can’t you dodge attacks to avoid being wiped out within a minute…

The problem is also, often you can’t really kite enemies in dungeons. If you attack one, on like 90% of all cases you instantly have all enemies rushing at you.

Dungeons in GW2 should feel alot lesser like total broken mini raids and should instead feel alot more like conceptual Legend of zelda Dungeons made for 5 people.
If anet gets the dungeon design into this direction with enemies in there, that are challenging, but not overchallenging, then the game will be on the right path and people surely would do more dungeons again, besides AC, CA and FotM

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

paying attention fine, but leaving newer players to simply spend most of their time dead and not learning the fights now is discouraging to them. and the odd time there is lag on some fights where you just happen to get killed, now you cant get back to help the team. fights still required coordination before , what this has done is made some dungeons a lot less fun.

it is just bad psychology for game programming.

So take 10 seconds of your time to greet players and ask if they are new If they are then take another 10 seconds to type some quick instructions.

Yeah, I know, it means communicating and being polite. Probably wouldn’t hurt in an MMO for a change don’t you think?

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

In general i’ve to say, the whole dungeon design is crap, sorry to say so, but it is so.
Dungeons absolutely fail in generating any fun at all.
Or do you find it any fun to lie dead on the ground like mostly half of the time, of not even more, because of most of the enemies in the dungeons being massively overpowered.

I find dungeons fun.

Then again, I’m not spending most of my time on the floor.

Massively overpowered? Hardly, as long as you work as a team, which is the entire point of dungeons. The only way you’re going to get dungeons done with 5 glass cannons where everyone does their own thing is if everyone in the team is incredibly skilled.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: amrothx.4136

amrothx.4136

L2P, nuff said.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I hate rez rushing, but I’ve seen some serious flaws with the way this is currently also.

I was running CoE the other day and while I was the only one to actually make it “out of combat” to a safe zone when the party derped, nobody could WP to regroup because someone dead on the floor was registering as “in combat”.