Please buff the elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: bowsaway.3928

bowsaway.3928

I would like to make a suggestion.

I would like to see elementalists hit harder. Here is the point:

I have played many games in my life, MMO and others. I feel many games fail to get cloth wearing classes (professions) wrong.

The whole point of wearing cloth is supposed to be that fact you hit really hard, yet you get hit really hard. This would mean that the Ele should be able to really dish the damage, but should die rather easy and it would take skill to survive (dodging or whatnot). Balance is created because of how easy they would be to die. Tools could be given that help them survive, but this would not be the focus.

There is no reason for a class that holds all the advantages to be the hardest hitting class in the game. I have a guardian as my main, I feel this class is right where it needs to be. Hard to kill and fights take awhile but they get done, fits the guardian well. But Warrior being a glass cannon is all wrong. It should be able to take a beating yes, it should also hit a bit harder then my guardian does, but there is not a reason for it to be a meat shield and faceroll everything.

Ele in this game is not fun to me. And I love the caster type toons. I think they should be buffed. People will complain they hit hard, yes they will. But they will be able to take them out easy as well (skill aside), and this is fine, it is the cloth wearing game and always has been. Glass cannon with cloth as it should be.

There could be a such thing as a mage who can take a beating due to stats at the cost of hitting for less damage. But in the end, they should be much more dangerous then they are now.

What you think?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Eles do need a bit of a buff.

I’ve been to Orr on a couple of my characters, and in comparison to other classes elementalist feels like hard-mode to me. It’s noticeably more difficult, and my down skills are pretty useless. As a comparison, I can take out an enemy almost from full health using my guardian’s downed skills. There’s no way I’m doing that on my ele unless I’m lucky enough to have my greater fire elemental up when I’m downed.

I’d say slight buffs across the board, and a big boost to down skills would be in order, only enough to bring them up to the level of other classes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Basjohn.2870

Basjohn.2870

Down skill 3 should AT LEAST break aggro if not remove cooldown. It already effectively lowers your health and adds one point of down penalty. Electric daggers are extremely weak as is Earth Trident. Out of combat weapon switching is also very much needed for when a certain encounter calls for proper ranged.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bowsaway.3928

bowsaway.3928

I guess to sum it up, our offense should be our defense. Kill before we are hit.

That is what would make the Ele more fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

If you’re gonna mess with the Elementalist ~ I’d recommend ANet ta check this Build out and see how most the ele’s I know are playing.

So far, the only REAL counter to them.. is HP/Conditions.

IE: Necro that can reverse the buffs or Bosses/Mobs that just have too much HP and don’t care bout your trivial buffs due to hitting them like a gnat (like everyone else).

Thus they kill you cause you’re wearing cloth and are almost required to be in close quarters via dual daggers and the inability to “swap” to a different weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea Ele is ridiculously versatile. There is no need for a buff. It requires SIGNIFICANTLY more work than other classes, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be awesome.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Suggestions

Posted by: mak.9027

mak.9027

Yea Ele is ridiculously versatile. There is no need for a buff. It requires SIGNIFICANTLY more work than other classes, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be awesome.

Though, if you do far more work to obtain the same, something is wrong, one side or the other.