Please do something about the 2 hours queues for WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

I was in game during the reset at 7pm. WvW comes back up and immediately stuck in a queue. It has been about 2 hours. I don t want to play wow. I want to have fun in WvW.

Please tell me you are either planning to add more maps or more servers vs servers instead of limiting each server to 166 people. I love your implementation of WvW but fighting the queue monster is not fun for a friday night

Move to a lower population server. Problem solved.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I find it hilarious that this thread, which makes a case for high player populations, is directly above a post complaining about low player populations.

Have you tried other maps? Many people queue up for EB while seemingly forgetting that the Borderlands are there. I’ve never had a single queue wait for WvW thanks to the Borderlands, and can usually get into EB after a while of playing in a Borderlands map instead.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

My server (Jade Quarry) has a queue of about 5-10 minutes for Eternal Battlegrounds.

You and your friends have a choice to make. You can refuse to leave, alongside everyone else on your server kittenfuses to leave, or you can all transfer for free to a less populated servers where you probably get in right away.

I fail to see how this is ArenaNet’s fault. They already did something: free server transfers. No other major MMO has offered free server transfers so early on in the game. In every other game people would complain about overpopulated servers, queue times, or dead servers. GW2 is the first game that actually addressed those problems in the first month, and sure enough, someone complains anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I actually had a nifty idea for more WvW. Basically, complete the hexagon. Make three more maps, each between the Borderlands maps, and all of those maps would involve one server facing off against another server, depending on what position that map is between the Borderlands. So between Yak’s Bend Borderlands and Anvil Rock’s Borderlands, there would be an additional map for those two servers to duke it out, maybe for some bonus to their server in the rest of WvW. Three more maps get created, each only allowing participation from two of the three battling servers, so the WvW playerbase spreads enough to lower the queues, but not enough to make every map feel deserted.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcalas.9368

Arcalas.9368

Thing that needs to be put in is a afk system for WvW cuz ive gone to it a few times and i see the same ppl afk in the base doing nothing at all just standing around and keeping others that want to get in out of of it.

Norn “cows” go moot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

more maps would be amazing, but leads to other problems.
Also the smart idea someone came up with having ability to see the queue times for each map

for players who just want to play ability to auto queue to shortest wait(larger pop servers with that issue) both the same idea but 2nd one would help fill out borderlands instead of having 400 queue for EB and no one want to play borderlands.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jello.1689

Jello.1689

Woah since when did JQ get 5 min EB queues? I stopped playing 2 weeks ago because EB was on a 7 hour pop and borderlands were about 1-3 hours.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

It’s not high population players fault that ANet set extremely low player caps on what is arguably THE selling feature of the game. They really should have realized how popular it was going to be and took steps to ensure there would never be a queue.

It just sort of boggles the mind that ANet did so much in their design to make the MMO genre more accessible yet didn’t quite manage the same success with the best feature of the game.

Yes, I am on HoD but I rolled there on day one of Early Access. I am not a bandwagon jumper. Regardless, it may come down to ANet forcibly splitting servers to undo the mistake they made with free server transfers.