Please don't account bind RNG collectibles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

As the title says, please don’t make players get stuck with their collectibles (minis, skins) that can only be gotten via random luck.

Everyone’s been saying that they don’t like your gambling chests since Halloween, so the decision to make minis account bound on top of gambling exclusives is absolutely baffling. Not only do you have to spend money on a chance again, you’re also stuck not getting anything if your luck is bad because you can’t buy from other players.

In fact, it can be frustrating even if you get the minis.

Minis are a type of collectible you really only need one of. So even assuming you have infinite cash and can keep trying until you get 3 unique minis (the 3 extras for the quaggan can be whatever, so they don’t count) there is a chance you’ll end up with, say, 3 of one mini and 4 of another mini before you get the last unique mini. So even if you spend 3 extras on quaggan you’d still have 2 of one mini… and nothing to do with the extra, since it’s account bound. You can’t gift it to anyone, you can’t sell it – nothing.

I understand the logic behind making, say, the DDE Rytlock account bound – you only get one of them. There’s no chance of ending up with duplicates. It’s accessible to everyone, they just need to pay the set amount.

But this just doesn’t make any sense. Minis are purely cosmetic collectibles. I can understand the decision of making them luck-based like in Lost Shores, but account bound?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I would keep Rytlock and the HoM Minis as account bound since one is from the Digital Deluxe and the others are earned from GW1.

The rest should be unbound.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Yeah, those make sense account bound – and they are available to everyone, even if the HoM ones take a lot of work (GW1 is still functional and the HoM minis can still be earned).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Also, I don’t want a useless, kitten mini-pet (unless it really is a kitten). Let me give that piece of kitten to a friend!

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I have 2 endless tree tonics…
Needless to say, I support this suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: melyndru.1270

melyndru.1270

I also support this.

I would also like to see the chests that you buy for these events have something non-consumable in it. After buying 10 chests and not seeing anything I wasn’t getting in game I’m very disappointed by the drop rates of permanent items.

If you could trade those items it would make getting rid of unused items for others, like me who paid, tried, and got nothing worth having.

As it stands it makes anyone who is a completionist exceptionally unhappy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eve Devaudet.7186

Eve Devaudet.7186

I soooo support this topic. I am one of those I guess who are in the minority who don’t like tonics…. so of course I get an Endless Mystery Tonic…. I have noticed that some Endless tonics are not account bound. If one isn’t, none of them should be.

IGN: Eve Devaumore – Remember Us [WOA] – HoD
As simple an order as a king can give. For he did not wish tribute, nor song, or monuments
or poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. “Remember us,” he said to me.