Please give Fellblades the GW1 appearance

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

a simple particle effect to make it more like one from guild wars 1 isnt much to ask for.
why they just didnt make it like the one in number 1 i dont know
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/fellbladereq13xs1.jpg/
or like the one in the concept art
http://www.teamparadigm.net//uploads/user_avatars/fellblade.jpg

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Changing visuals of already existing items? Risky.
However, a 1 year old bug on Azureflame/Aether would really have a little update:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/YAY-Azureflame-Suggestion

Otherwise, there is 2 way to go: New items with new effects, even if they use an existing model. W/ New texture?

Best way to do so: Use the crafting customization methoods that I’ve suggested.
Have a fellblade? good. Select an effect and craft it your taste.
1 single model can have 10+ variaiton, witch means our little arsenal can be multipled quick and easy, while it benefits the playerbase greatly.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

You spent time to rightfully get an item that’s in GW1, not GW2. Did you spend XX hours or XX gold to get it in GW2? Nope. So why should you get an effect where users have to spend a copious amount of time in GW2 to get Lord Taeres’s shadow sword effects?

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Dante.1763

You spent time to rightfully get an item that’s in GW1, not GW2. Did you spend XX hours or XX gold to get it in GW2? Nope. So why should you get an effect where users have to spend a copious amount of time in GW2 to get Lord Taeres’s shadow sword effects?

no i spent time to get an item that is in guild wars 2 that should have looked like the one in guild wars 1 to begin with.

the few people i have seen with lord Taeres shadow sword want the sword because its a one handed fellblade, you know how the fellblade should have been in the first place. not because its a rare sword or hard to get, they want it because the fellblade in game looks like crap.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

LoneWolfie.1852

no i spent time to get an item that is in guild wars 2 that should have looked like the one in guild wars 1 to begin with.

the few people i have seen with lord Taeres shadow sword want the sword because its a one handed fellblade, you know how the fellblade should have been in the first place. not because its a rare sword or hard to get, they want it because the fellblade in game looks like crap.

You didn’t earn anything in GW2. Not a single thing. You only got your fancy fellblade because you had HOM points. And the fact that you answered your own question where people had to spend hours and hours in GW2, while GW1 users get a free pass to unique content that belongs to GW2 already answers it.

We spent effort and time to get the Lord Taeres’s shadow sword model and effects. GW1 players did not spend time in GW2 and demand to get the same effects of the weapon in GW2?

If you want that particular shadow effect from the Lord Taeres’s sword, go out to GW2 Tyria, play the content, and get that effect either through killing champion mobs or buying it with gold.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Dante.1763

You didn’t earn anything in GW2. Not a single thing. You only got your fancy fellblade because you had HOM points. And the fact that you answered your own question where people had to spend hours and hours in GW2, while GW1 users get a free pass to unique content that belongs to GW2 already answers it.

We spent effort and time to get the Lord Taeres’s shadow sword model and effects. GW1 players did not spend time in GW2 and demand to get the same effects of the weapon in GW2?

If you want that particular shadow effect from the Lord Taeres’s sword, go out to GW2 Tyria, play the content, and get that effect either through killing champion mobs or buying it with gold.

1. i dont want Lord Taeres sword, that purple glow crap on it ruins it for me.

2. i do play the content quite a bit actually.

3. as i stated several times, dont give us the shadow sword effect but rather give us the one in the first game!

5. you are right we didnt play guild wars 2 to get the fellblade we didnt have to spend a single moment in the game, instead arenanet decided to give a gift to those who played guild wars loyally for the past 7 years. and the gift they gave us looks nothing like what was promised. so if anything you are upset that we got a couple free “skins” that dont do anything other than appearance for “nothing”….oh wait we still didnt get if for “nothing” now did we! and saying that we got it for “nothing” is just silly.

6. we spent a crap ton of effort and time to unlock those HoM points, more time than most people have even put into this game yet.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Dante.1763

i have 1500 in gw2 so whats your point? id have more if i didn’t have to go to college everyday. i didnt even have that much in one year in guild wars 1. and no i dont want the smoke effect even, i just want the same effect that the concept art of the fellblade for guild wars 2 displays, which was almost exactly like the one in guild wars 1. greed you say? what greed? i think that almost everyone should be able to get the skins that are HoM exclusive through some in game means other than the HoM. except for the minis, and armor(specifically the Balthazar gloves and the dwayna gloves). the weapons and pets should be distributed throughout the world so everyone can have them. the fellblade was a common drop in guild wars 1 so quite a few people had one.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

We’re not asking for “entitlement” handouts and those of us with the original fellblades know that, we also know we have wanted better effects from the beginning. Stay on topic and continue constructive requests for this.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Searry.6120

Searry.6120

i wouldn’t mind seeing the fellblade look more like the one in GW

in Suggestions

Dante.1763

yea i pretty much see what you mean really. the first week of the game all i heard was people complaining about how the sword didnt look like it was suppose to. my guild still talks about it sometimes

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I don’t want the HoM GreatSword to become purple, but making the smoke more dense and visible would be nice.

Since I was a loyal GW1 player for 7 years and still drop in to say hi.

Nice to see a fellow GW1 vet! I myself have just over 7 years on my account as well. Anyway yeah if you read the OP I am not requesting any sort of recoloring of the HoM Fellblade. Specifically requesting either the GW1 effect to return or the new 1H smoke effect be applied.

Thanks for stopping by!

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Once again, if you read the OP you’d see that I’m requesting 1 of 2 things. I’d prefer if they just made it back to its GW1 appearance which I have a video for. If not, if that isn’t doable or whatever the case may be, I’d like to see it at the very least updated to match the smoke effect of the new 1h reskin.

We’re not mocking GW2 players. In fact I’ve put well over 2,000 hours into this game already and me playing 7 years of GW1 (you know that game that sorta kinda funded GW2? Yeah that game?) has nothing to do with that.

The fact remains that the weapon we got in GW2 was miles behind what it should have been from the start and many were disappointed with it day 1. We all thought “Well it’s beta surely they’ll change it.” They never did so here I am suggesting that they revisit the subject and update it.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s a shame. The Guild Wars 2 version is really nice looking. It’s extremly rare to see anyone using the Guild Wars 2 HoM version as it looks nothing like the the Guild Wars 1 one. It’s puzzling why they did this. They said we were getting the Fellblade then they change the looks to something else. I’m really hoping they switch the look to the Guild Wars 1 version. Since we had a Dev reponse, maybe they’re looking into it.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

It’s a shame. The Guild Wars 2 version is really nice looking. It’s extremly rare to see anyone using the Guild Wars 2 HoM version as it looks nothing like the the Guild Wars 1 one. It’s puzzling why they did this. They said we were getting the Fellblade then they change the looks to something else. I’m really hoping they switch the look to the Guild Wars 1 version. Since we had a Dev reponse, maybe they’re looking into it.

I got an email from her and I’m hopeful that something eventually gets passed along to the people who can make a change. I’m sure even if it is something they plan on getting to it’s way down on the priority list – which is cool, but some word of confirmation that it may eventually happen would absolutely be welcomed.

The fact that the sword looked so amazing in GW1 and it has a dull, barely noticeable effect in GW2 is very disappointing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I got an email from her and I’m hopeful that something eventually gets passed along to the people who can make a change. I’m sure even if it is something they plan on getting to it’s way down on the priority list – which is cool, but some word of confirmation that it may eventually happen would absolutely be welcomed.

The fact that the sword looked so amazing in GW1 and it has a dull, barely noticeable effect in GW2 is very disappointing.

I’m sure some developers have clicked on this thread to see what all the fuzz is about, CC Danicia did confirm that even if threads don’t get a dev reply they are reviewed. It would be interesting to read what ArenaNet’s thoughts are regarding the Fellblade’s appearance in both Guild Wars games and Lord Taeres’ Shadow.

Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if ArenaNet replied with a simple, “No” since they probably have bigger things to worry about. The HoM Fellblade really does need an upgrade though, I miss the animation it had in GW1.

(Nice GW1 Fellblade video by the way)

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Not sure what your problem is, but from the beginning HoM was always going to be “Earn GW2 rewards by playing GW1.” Before we saw any images or gameplay of GW2 we knew that is what HoM was.

So how is that mocking GW2 players in any way? Not to mention the people in question are still GW2 players as well… So you say all of these things about “GW1 players”… but we’re still playing GW2 just the same as you.

We just did more work than you in the previous game before we became GW2 players.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m sure some developers have clicked on this thread to see what all the fuzz is about, CC Danicia did confirm that even if threads don’t get a dev reply they are reviewed. It would be interesting to read what ArenaNet’s thoughts are regarding the Fellblade’s appearance in both Guild Wars games and Lord Taeres’ Shadow.

Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if ArenaNet replied with a simple, “No” since they probably have bigger things to worry about. The HoM Fellblade really does need an upgrade though, I miss the animation it had in GW1.

(Nice GW1 Fellblade video by the way)

Thanks appreciate it. Yeah I botched up the sound on accident but I figured hey the video is what matters. And yeah like I said it’d be nice, even if it was something they do down the road, but I’d love to see it happen. I mean the GW1 animation is amazing.. And then we get the GW2 version.. which should be better, but is so disappointingly worse.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

i wouldn’t mind seeing the fellblade look more like the one in GW

Thanks for the support Searry =)

in Suggestions

LoneWolfie.1852

Once again, if you read the OP you’d see that I’m requesting 1 of 2 things. I’d prefer if they just made it back to its GW1 appearance which I have a video for. If not, if that isn’t doable or whatever the case may be, I’d like to see it at the very least updated to match the smoke effect of the new 1h reskin.

We’re not mocking GW2 players. In fact I’ve put well over 2,000 hours into this game already and me playing 7 years of GW1 (you know that game that sorta kinda funded GW2? Yeah that game?) has nothing to do with that.

The fact remains that the weapon we got in GW2 was miles behind what it should have been from the start and many were disappointed with it day 1. We all thought “Well it’s beta surely they’ll change it.” They never did so here I am suggesting that they revisit the subject and update it.

Next thing I know you will be asking for better upgrades on fiery dragon sword, the counterpart of Jormag’s breath which is basically a free 100 g sword given to you (perhaps it is even more prized than Jormag’s breath itself as a colored sword.).

Once again I cannot believe what GW1 players are asking for. You are effectively asking for a sword that just came out from the latest patch, and I’m sure this rub people off the wrong way. It’s not as if playing GW2 itself will award me with GW1 rare weapons, achievements and various contents! If Anet did something like that, I won’t complain about it, but until then NO.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

please no.
i hate effects.
too shiny.

just, no.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

You keep saying “You haven’t lifted a finger in GW2”. Ok try this one out. My main is a dual sword warrior dual-wielding Jormag’s Breath and the Fiery Dragon Sword. Guess what? I farmed for that sword for weeks. I earned it. I lifted many fingers to get it.

Not only that, but I play this game every day, have almost 8k achievement points (showing you that I obviously play the game and the living story events), and have 9 level 80s with 3 more on the way.

So please tell me more about how I’m entitled and don’t lift a finger in GW2. Because that’s obviously so relevant to me requesting that a sword animation (From a GW1 sword) be updated to reflect the original sword from GW1.

Don’t mention the fact that on top of my GW2 achievements and play time, I spent the better part of 7 years (over 4k hours total in-game time) to earn 50/50 in my HoM. Not that that has anything to do with GW2 – but Anet said we’d be rewarded and they rewarded us. So stop calling us entitled when we didn’t ASK for anything, they were being generous and rewarded loyal players. So before you continue to repeat yourself saying that we are entitled, greedy, and don’t earn anything, why not take a second to ask yourself and really think… “Do I know a single thing about the people I’m flaming here?”

Can’t wait to hear what kind of reply you give. Needless to say it will have the words ‘greed’ & ‘entitlement’.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

And with that reply, I am done with you. So say what you want in reply I’m not going to bother reading it because you’ve already derailed this thread enough.

Deimos,
Care to elaborate some more? I’m not asking for the Fellblades from HoM to be made purple or shiny in any way.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

“requesting either the new smoke effect from the 1 handers or the GW1 effect to be reimplemented on to GW2 Fellblades”

you said you wanted smoke effects.

for me, there are already some smoke effects on the fell blade great sword.
that is enough for me.

any more effects and it would too “shiny” for my eyes.
same reason i do not use the fiery dragon long sword skin.

i am not using any zenith weapon skins too.
or the radiant armor (even shiner!)
or the hellfire armor.

another reason is the effects causes some lag.

if you want to know my systems:

amd phenom ii x4 955be 3.20ghz
8gb ram 1333mhz
sapphire amd hd 7870 2gb vram

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

“requesting either the new smoke effect from the 1 handers or the GW1 effect to be reimplemented on to GW2 Fellblades”

you said you wanted smoke effects.

for me, there are already some smoke effects on the fell blade great sword.
that is enough for me.

I invite you to watch the 2nd video I posted in the OP. I run on ultra settings with 90+ FPS and you can clearly the extent of the smoke that’s currently on it (or better said: lack of smoke)

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

all right i viewed them.

but i like the barely noticeable smoke effect.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

all right i viewed them.

but i like the barely noticeable smoke effect.

Fair enough. Thanks for your input =) I do like some plain swords myself like the Longsword from GW1 which also returned as a 2hander. I think for the Fellblade though we need the original effect or at least one not so dull for such an iconic weapon.

Again thank you for your input!

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

cheers!

i also hope they can fix the icon.
the hom skin icon is nice, the blue color one.

after we transmuted it, the icon became plain.
same for the ithas long bow also (out of topic though)

i posted it under bug:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/fellblade-icon-bug/first#post2630012
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/95430/fellblade.jpg

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Yep the first thing I mention in the 2nd video where I show the HoM fellblade vs the new 1h is that the icon is a bit messed up and turns super lame (plain) once you transmute it to another sword.

I would definitely love to see that changed if nothing else.

in Suggestions

LoneWolfie.1852

You keep saying “You haven’t lifted a finger in GW2”. Ok try this one out. My main is a dual sword warrior dual-wielding Jormag’s Breath and the Fiery Dragon Sword. Guess what? I farmed for that sword for weeks. I earned it. I lifted many fingers to get it.

Not only that, but I play this game every day, have almost 8k achievement points (showing you that I obviously play the game and the living story events), and have 9 level 80s with 3 more on the way.

So please tell me more about how I’m entitled and don’t lift a finger in GW2. Because that’s obviously so relevant to me requesting that a sword animation (From a GW1 sword) be updated to reflect the original sword from GW1.

Don’t mention the fact that on top of my GW2 achievements and play time, I spent the better part of 7 years (over 4k hours total in-game time) to earn 50/50 in my HoM. Not that that has anything to do with GW2 – but Anet said we’d be rewarded and they rewarded us. So stop calling us entitled when we didn’t ASK for anything, they were being generous and rewarded loyal players. So before you continue to repeat yourself saying that we are entitled, greedy, and don’t earn anything, why not take a second to ask yourself and really think… “Do I know a single thing about the people I’m flaming here?”

Can’t wait to hear what kind of reply you give. Needless to say it will have the words ‘greed’ & ‘entitlement’.

Once again you don’t seem to understand what I’m angry about. ANet has rewarded your loyalty and given you free weapon skins. What you want here in GW2 is a unique effect from GW1 OR give you GW2’s NEW weapon effects. If I get 10000 achievement points in GW2, do I get GW1 weapons, skins, achievements?

NO.

If I earned my things in GW2, I expect it to be EXCLUSIVE content to GW2. Yet GW1 users with their “I played 7 years and 4000 hours in GW1” expect THEIR rewards to carry forward in GW2? If you earned your Jormag’s breath, congratulations, I didn’t have a problem with that. I also DON’T have a problem with Anet’s fiery dragon sword given to you, but getting anymore from Anet is just plain greedy (Wants exclusive unique effect that cannot be found in GW2 weapons OR effect from NEW weapon skins).

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Jovel.5706

Hi LoneWolfie, I think you’re COMPLETELY missing the point and it shows.

You know, lots of people like to point out how Jormag’s Breath or what was known in GW1 as the Icy Dragon Sword is quite similar to the Fiery Dragon Sword, but both have their differences:

• The Fiery Dragon Sword and Jormag’s Breath both have different draconian hilts, Jormag’s Breath having a bulkier dragon head as a hilt than the Fiery Dragon Sword.
  • The Fiery Dragon Sword also has a longer fire effect than Jormag’s Breath, clipping into the ground.
  • The Fiery Dragon Sword and Jormag’s Breath have different colored flames AND both existed in GW1, while Lord Taeres’ Shadow didn’t.

So both weapons, though similar, are equal when it comes to appearance even with subtle differences. None are neglected and left in the dust while the the other is improved. The Fiery Dragon Sword is fine where it is, unless you consider the flames that clip onto the ground, then you could argue that the Fiery Dragon Sword needs to be fixed or that Jormag’s Breath needs a boost in flame length.

Lord Taeres’ Shadow is basically a resized Fellblade with a purple design slapped on the blade (which NOBODY has an issue with btw, get over it) and a more prominent effect that looks quite similar to the concept art of the GW2 HoM Fellblade reward. Nobody would have an issue with this if both swords were on par with eachother effect-wise, which they aren’t.

As we see it, they basically left the Fellblade complaints to rot in page 1,000 while giving this brand spanking new blade better effects, using the same shape of the Fellblade, same hilt, same everything but that purple design. This could become a slippery slope, next thing you’ll see is a purple Living Short Bow or a red Seathunder Pistol both having effects tied to them while their HoM counterparts don’t. Same shape of the pistol/bow, same fish/woman, same leaves/scales, just different colors and 1 having an effect while the other has a barely recognizable effect/no effect at all.

Nobody gives a kitten if there are counterparts to the HoM weapons in the game as long as both are on par with eachother. Let’s take the Diamond Aegis Shield for example. There are two variations of this shield in GW1 known as the Amber Aegis and the Iridescence Aegis. If ArenaNet decides to make those drop in-game, they have to take as much time working on those shields as they did on the Diamond Aegis and vice versa, or else what was the point of the HoM rewards if they’re all inferior copies of their aesthetically-superior GW2 counterparts?

If you feel copying the same exact effect the Lord Taeres’ Shadow weapon on a HoM Fellblade is bad, then you and I share the same discomfort, just different sides. The solution would be to make the HoM Fellblade look like it did in the first Guild Wars game (appearance provided on one of OP’s videos). That way both will be on par with eachother and look different enough to not be considered copies of eachother, with the Fellblade being a disposable rough draft of Lord Taeres’ Shadow.

No entitlement, just protecting what we worked so hard for. ArenaNet released the Eye of the North expansion with the Hall of Monuments in it. ArenaNet were the ones that released the Hall of Monuments rewards calculator in October, 2010. Now they’re reskinning weapons and leaving their HoM counterparts behind? How productive.

Also don’t feel left out, you can still buy GW1 and earn points for the HoM stuff, but save your money if this is the road ArenaNet is taking when it comes to those items.

in Suggestions

LoneWolfie.1852

You know, lots of people like to point out how Jormag’s Breath or what was known in GW1 as the Icy Dragon Sword is quite similar to the Fiery Dragon Sword, but both have their differences:

• The Fiery Dragon Sword and Jormag’s Breath both have different draconian hilts, Jormag’s Breath having a bulkier dragon head as a hilt than the Fiery Dragon Sword.
  • The Fiery Dragon Sword also has a longer fire effect than Jormag’s Breath, clipping into the ground.
  • The Fiery Dragon Sword and Jormag’s Breath have different colored flames AND both existed in GW1, while Lord Taeres’ Shadow didn’t.

So both weapons, though similar, are equal when it comes to appearance even with subtle differences. None are neglected and left in the dust while the the other is improved. The Fiery Dragon Sword is fine where it is, unless you consider the flames that clip onto the ground, then you could argue that the Fiery Dragon Sword needs to be fixed or that Jormag’s Breath needs a boost in flame length.

Lord Taeres’ Shadow is basically a resized Fellblade with a purple design slapped on the blade (which NOBODY has an issue with btw, get over it) and a more prominent effect that looks quite similar to the concept art of the GW2 HoM Fellblade reward. Nobody would have an issue with this if both swords were on par with eachother effect-wise, which they aren’t.

As we see it, they basically left the Fellblade complaints to rot in page 1,000 while giving this brand spanking new blade better effects, using the same shape of the Fellblade, same hilt, same everything but that purple design. This could become a slippery slope, next thing you’ll see is a purple Living Short Bow or a red Seathunder Pistol both having effects tied to them while their HoM counterparts don’t. Same shape of the pistol/bow, same fish/woman, same leaves/scales, just different colors and 1 having an effect while the other has a barely recognizable effect/no effect at all.

Nobody gives a kitten if there are counterparts to the HoM weapons in the game as long as both are on par with eachother. Let’s take the Diamond Aegis Shield for example. There are two variations of this shield in GW1 known as the Amber Aegis and the Iridescence Aegis. If ArenaNet decides to make those drop in-game, they have to take as much time working on those shields as they did on the Diamond Aegis and vice versa, or else what was the point of the HoM rewards if they’re all inferior copies of their aesthetically-superior GW2 counterparts?

If you feel copying the same exact effect the Lord Taeres’ Shadow weapon on a HoM Fellblade is bad, then you and I share the same discomfort, just different sides. The solution would be to make the HoM Fellblade look like it did in the first Guild Wars game (appearance provided on one of OP’s videos). That way both will be on par with eachother and look different enough to not be considered copies of eachother, with the Fellblade being a disposable rough draft of Lord Taeres’ Shadow.

No entitlement, just protecting what we worked so hard for. ArenaNet released the Eye of the North expansion with the Hall of Monuments in it. ArenaNet were the ones that released the Hall of Monuments rewards calculator in October, 2010. Now they’re reskinning weapons and leaving their HoM counterparts behind? How productive.

Also don’t feel left out, you can still buy GW1 and earn points for the HoM stuff, but save your money if this is the road ArenaNet is taking when it comes to those items.

Now this post has information that I didn’t know. Thank you for the clear insight and pointing out the differences between the dragon swords, and explaining that the Lord Taeres’s shadow is using a Fellblade’s model (I merely thought they looked similar and kept thinking that Taeres’s is a new weapon and HoM users wanted that.).

I now agree that the Fellblade in GW2 compared to the Fellblade in GW1 is indeed lacking (after the detailed explanation), and with the explanation and rationale given by the above poster, believe that the current Fellblade should have all particles removed, and given the effect of “Moving shadows” back in GW1.

PS: I would just still like to point out that there the Fellblade complaints most likely didn’t exist, at least I could not find it through google.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

in Suggestions

Jovel.5706

Once again you don’t seem to understand what I’m angry about. ANet has rewarded your loyalty and given you free weapon skins. What you want here in GW2 is a unique effect from GW1 OR give you GW2’s NEW weapon effects. If I get 10000 achievement points in GW2, do I get GW1 weapons, skins, achievements?

NO.

And we don’t want our weapons being handed out like candy with improved effects. Why is that so hard to understand? You can keep Lord Taeres’ Shadow, but what’s bullkitten is that it’s modeled after the Fellblade and has a much better effect, you don’t see anything wrong with that? There’s no balance here like with the FDS and Jormag’s Breath! What are the HoM weapons, disposable blueprints for future GW2 weapons? Might as well copy the Fiery Dragon Sword and make the hilt itself out of flames with fiery foot prints, or the legendary focus “The Minstrel” with better effects that can be obtained as an exotic weapon through boss loot.

If I earned my things in GW2, I expect it to be EXCLUSIVE content to GW2. Yet GW1 users with their “I played 7 years and 4000 hours in GW1” expect THEIR rewards to carry forward in GW2? If you earned your Jormag’s breath, congratulations, I didn’t have a problem with that. I also DON’T have a problem with Anet’s fiery dragon sword given to you, but getting anymore from Anet is just plain greedy (Wants exclusive unique effect that cannot be found in GW2 weapons OR effect from NEW weapon skins).

Nobody asked for the Hall of Monument rewards, those were added in 2010 after 3 years of Eye of the North being out. This was ArenaNet’s decision, not ours. It’s a shame that they’re taking HoM weapons and improving them. If they decide to do this when a “Guild Wars 3” comes out, they’ll do it and it is up to you whether you want to ignore them or earn them. If you do, I would like to read your opinions about future GW3 players getting improved versions of those weapons after how hard you’ve worked for inferior versions of them.

(edited by Jovel.5706)

in Suggestions

LoneWolfie.1852

NO.

And we don’t want our weapons being handed out like candy with improved effects. Why is that so hard to understand? You can keep Lord Taeres’ Shadow, but what’s bullkitten is that it’s modeled after the Fellblade and has a much better effect, you don’t see anything wrong with that? There’s no balance here like with the FDS and Jormag’s Breath! What are the HoM weapons, disposable blueprints for future GW2 weapons? Might as well copy the Fiery Dragon Sword and make the hilt itself out of flames with fiery foot prints, or the legendary focus “The Minstrel” with better effects that can be obtained as an exotic weapon through boss loot.

Nobody asked for the Hall of Monument rewards, those were added in 2010 after 3 years of Eye of the North being out. This was ArenaNet’s decision, not ours. It’s a shame that they’re taking HoM weapons and improving them. If they decide to do this when a “Guild Wars 3” comes out, they’ll do it and it is up to you whether you want to ignore them or earn them. If you do, I would like to read your opinions about future GW3 players getting improved versions of those weapons after how hard you’ve worked for inferior versions of them.

Yes, yes, I changed my mind after reading your post, thank you very much.

Quite frankly, I rather have a clean sheet in acquiring GW3 stuff. Everyone starts off with the same ground, if you want my opinion. If it’s inferior, I’ll just get the better ones, what is there to complain about? It’s GW3 stuff anyway.

Also, it’s the process of acquiring an item. If I took 100 hours in GW2 to acquire a weapon, I don’t want GW1 users to acquire a GW2 lookalike freebie for free in 1 mouse click. It’s galling.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

in Suggestions

Jovel.5706

Also, it’s the process of acquiring an item. If I took 100 hours in GW2 to acquire a weapon, I don’t want GW1 users to acquire a GW2 lookalike freebie for free in 1 mouse click. It’s galling.

Simple solution..

Please ArenaNet, don’t touch the HoM weapons.. that way there won’t be improved counterparts of HoM weapons and free lookalike skins of weapons that normally take 100 hours in GW2 to acquire.

Reskinning HoM stuff causes too much trouble than it’s worth.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Now this post has information that I didn’t know. Thank you for the clear insight and pointing out the differences between the dragon swords, and explaining that the Lord Taeres’s shadow is using a Fellblade’s model (I merely thought they looked similar and kept thinking that Taeres’s is a new weapon and HoM users wanted that.).

I now agree that the Fellblade in GW2 compared to the Fellblade in GW1 is indeed lacking (after the detailed explanation), and with the explanation and rationale given by the above poster, believe that the current Fellblade should have all particles removed, and given the effect of “Moving shadows” back in GW1.

PS: I would just still like to point out that there the Fellblade complaints most likely didn’t exist, at least I could not find it through google.

Wolf, I assure you I’ve made the complaints before. Especially back in beta I had a thread about it with the same concerns. Now that there is reference material I am using something to compare to it.

I’m glad he was able to clear things up for you because that’s the kind of information I was trying to relay to you but because of your reception to myself and others I was being short because I was getting frustrated.

Jovel, thanks again for your excellent post. You said what I’ve been trying to get across and I thank you for taking the time to do so. Again, great post and I’m sure that’ll clear a lot of things up for others with similar concerns as Wolf.

I’m glad this is back on track and I may use some of the earlier misunderstanding to edit the original post to make it sound more clear (if it wasn’t clear enough). Though I thought for sure after proof-reading it and adding the videos the point would have been made clear. :S

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Jovel with your permission I’d like to use some quotes from your recent post(s) and stick em up in the OP for more clarification. Let me know if that’s cool with you and I’ll be sure to include some when I add more details to the OP if you’re ok with that.

in Suggestions

Jovel.5706

Go ahead if you think it’ll add more clarification to this suggestion

I bet people who breeze by the OP post still think the main problem between the Fellblade and Lord Taeres’ Shadow is the purple design instead of the effects around the blade of Lord Taeres’ Shadow, despite the bold edit.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

I bet people who breeze by the OP post still think the main problem between the Fellblade and Lord Taeres’ Shadow is the purple design instead of the effects around the blade of Lord Taeres’ Shadow, despite the bold edit.

Well considering I made that edit 2 days into the posts life and people still post about it I’d say so. Any extra clarification I can add as bold text may prove beneficial.

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

Well considering I made that edit 2 days into the posts life and people still post about it I’d say so. Any extra clarification I can add as bold text may prove beneficial.

Can you edit the title? Or if not, ask a mod to edit it for you?

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

I think weapons in gw2 have too many particle effects. The weapon skins were much better in gw1. There are several weapons in gw1 that when i saw them, i wanted them. I have yet to see a weapon skin in gw2 that i really wanted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I would like to have that effect also, but I guess some people might not want it.
Maybe make 2 kinds of fallblades for people with HoM. It would be a nice addition for GW1 players.

Why would someone want the sword with less effects? In GW1 it had (IMO) one of the coolest sword effects. I’d definitely not want it any less than that, and to see it as such in GW2 is disappointing.

I do. More effects doesn’t mean it’s better looking.

Exactly my thoughts. Some people might not be happy with it if you make 2 skins in HoM everyone will be happy.

+1 So please do it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

You fail to realize that for those skins, GW1 players went out and worked for in GW1, on ANets stated promise of receiving rewards for it in GW2. This wasn’t just some free hand-out or an afterthought on ANet’s end. Players (and devs) were ever since EotN released entirely cognizant of this fact.
I know it is hard to appreciate for someone who never was immersed in that environment, but achieving the “GWAMM” title alone kept people hooked on GW1 for a long time, often years, after the last expansion for it was released and content development basically ceased save for two content arcs in 2010 and 2011.
If it wasn’t for us keeping the game alive in those intervening years, working on their GWAMM, working on their HoM, working on those GW2 rewards, who knows in what place GW2 might be now? I’m sure the hype would have been much less.

So, Wolfie, concisely you need to realize two things. 1) GW1 vets aren’t asking for new handouts, they’re merely asking for an update to an existing one, which is entirely unrelated to the new Lord Taere’s Shadow save for the the fact that the inclusion of LTS has shown that they’re willing to improve upon Fellblade’s design. This makes it just a natural request that they take a look at their previous HoM design. You’re shrill and irrational in your opposition to this.
2) You are in no place to tell GW vets that their rewards are just “free” hand-outs. They’re trophies of loyalty and hundreds of hours of dedication.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

We been trying to say this the whole time…

Attachments:

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

I understand, in fact I was disappointed too but then again, you have to think about all the cool skins that GS have bacause of all the attension they are getting from anet e.g volcanus. Think about other weapons like daggers which do not really get any cool or new good skins because they are getting less attention. So I would not really mind if anet do nothing to the fell blade since you already have a variety of cool skins

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

I understand, in fact I was disappointed too but then again, you have to think about all the cool skins that GS have bacause of all the attension they are getting from anet e.g volcanus. Think about other weapons like daggers which do not really get any cool or new good skins because they are getting less attention. So I would not really mind if anet do nothing to the fell blade since you already have a variety of cool skins

I don’t use these over-sized, anime greatswords that we keep getting. In fact I only have 1 character that uses greatswords at all. The thread isn’t about whether or not weapons are getting as many cool skins as they deserve for each weapon class – this is about a weapon that was not done justice it should have been done for the GW2 version.

For the record I do agree with those that say there aren’t enough cool dagger skins. Take a look at Stakitten , rifles, and pistols too. I’ve been leveling a thief and can’t express my distaste for all the dagger skins. Even the ones from HoM are barely tolerable. But that’s another thread. I’d like to keep on track about the Fellblades in this one =)

We been trying to say this the whole time…

Haha that + the picture is amazing. Yeah it’s frustrating but at least he eventually got it =)

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

What would be a more suitable title? I can request it right away if you think there’s a better title for this thread than the current one.

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

What would be a more suitable title? I can request it right away if you think there’s a better title for this thread than the current one.

Maybe ‘Please Make gw2 Fellblade the same appearance as gw1 Fellblade’.
Or something similar. The same affect sounds like you want the purple runes also, which seems to be causing some confusion. Saying you want the same appearance as the gw1 blade may stop people thinking we are asking for something extra rather than what they said they would give us.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Maybe ‘Please Make gw2 Fellblade the same appearance as gw1 Fellblade’.
Or something similar. The same affect sounds like you want the purple runes also, which seems to be causing some confusion. Saying you want the same appearance as the gw1 blade may stop people thinking we are asking for something extra rather than what they said they would give us.

That’s a good point. How would I go about requesting that a mod change the name of the thread to be more appropriate?

Of course while the name you suggested sounds better all in all, it does eliminate the idea that the new smoke effect from the 1 hander would work for me as well. But I think that’s a sacrifice I’d be willing to make since that info is in the OP (even though as we’ve seen, people don’t seem to want to read even that lol).

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Topic was successfully changed. Hopefully this will give people a better understanding of what I’m requesting.

Even though the new name doesn’t reflect it anymore, I am still also open to the idea of the new smoke effects from Lord Taeres’s Shadow as an alternative to the GW1 effect – though the GW1 effect is preferred.

in Suggestions

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

yup, fellblade is a little disapointing after gw1.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+