Please give Fellblades the GW1 appearance

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Seems like Zodiac Weapons got the GW2 treatment as well. Same symptoms though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

If they add anymore updated weapons skins (there are so many in game atm anyway, Hello crystalline blade, Hello bow of the ivory bow stag, Hello phoenix w/e axe just to name a few), I hope they do them justice.

Remember, players have had many of these items for years already. So they have a place in the mindset of Tyrian vets.

I too was a little thrown off on how plain the Fellblade came out, but that was offset by the Centurions Claw (dagger), which I still think is one of the best dagger skins in GW2. I use it now and have since launch and still get asked about it/them. Actually, sometimes when I throw up the Fellblade I get asked about it also. Anyhow, I would personally dig an update to the smoke effect.

Whatever you do though….stay…..away…from…the…gnarled staff skin. Nice looking staff.
So, no reskinning of Gnarled Staff and absolutely no reskinning of the Centurions Claw.

By the way, I have wishes for: IDS/FDS counterpart-Vampiric Dragon Sword
Torment and Gloom Shields
Pincer/Talon dagger skins
Platinum Blades
Katanas (eh…came in with cantha so, not sure if we’ll see them however, we do have daggers =) )
Dragon Kamas (Dragon Scythes originally before dervs).

And it’s about time we get some dye slots on weps. IKIK, totally off topic…I’m drunk, sue me.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks for the support Akari. Maybe at some point you can come in here when you aren’t drunk and give some better explanations to some of your thoughts lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Also, it’s the process of acquiring an item. If I took 100 hours in GW2 to acquire a weapon, I don’t want GW1 users to acquire a GW2 lookalike freebie for free in 1 mouse click. It’s galling.

You fail to realize that for those skins, GW1 players went out and worked for in GW1, on ANets stated promise of receiving rewards for it in GW2. This wasn’t just some free hand-out or an afterthought on ANet’s end. Players (and devs) were ever since EotN released entirely cognizant of this fact.
I know it is hard to appreciate for someone who never was immersed in that environment, but achieving the “GWAMM” title alone kept people hooked on GW1 for a long time, often years, after the last expansion for it was released and content development basically ceased save for two content arcs in 2010 and 2011.
If it wasn’t for us keeping the game alive in those intervening years, working on their GWAMM, working on their HoM, working on those GW2 rewards, who knows in what place GW2 might be now? I’m sure the hype would have been much less.

So, Wolfie, concisely you need to realize two things. 1) GW1 vets aren’t asking for new handouts, they’re merely asking for an update to an existing one, which is entirely unrelated to the new Lord Taere’s Shadow save for the the fact that the inclusion of LTS has shown that they’re willing to improve upon Fellblade’s design. This makes it just a natural request that they take a look at their previous HoM design. You’re shrill and irrational in your opposition to this.
2) You are in no place to tell GW vets that their rewards are just “free” hand-outs. They’re trophies of loyalty and hundreds of hours of dedication.

1) Things that were cleared up for me was the subtle differences between Fiery Dragon Sword and Jormag’s breath (I have never liked the fact that GW1 users got a free 100G identical sword, until I found out that the models are different). To me, TC was trying to get the Fellblade to be an identical model copy of Lord Taeres’s Shadow (Same size + same particles OR same size + Old effect), both of which I am against redesigning for.

My agreement is retaining the same size model + old effects. We’re on the wrong page, that I will agree on.

2) This argument gets tiresome, but GW1 vets have 0 rights to prevent me from saying that I’m against whatever. This is my point, if you want something in GW2, spent time on GW2. You got your fellblades in GW1, not GW2.

IF anet gives you anything for getting something in a different game, I won’t say anything else but that’s (mostly) the end of the line. Saying something about trophies of loyalty and stuff make me roll my eyes, seeing not everyone in GW1 got them for the reason of getting goodies in GW2.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Wolf, I really think you need to research more about what the Hall of Monuments is and how the rewards were earned. Please keep on topic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

That would be awesome.

Are you Shpongled?

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks for the support Sphongle. Would you prefer the GW1 effect? The new smoke effect? Or either?

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Looking forward to hearing more feedback from other players on this.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Ok so some of the legendaries are getting updated appearances in the next patch. Maybe we can add the Fellblade to that list? Or maybe we can get some word on whether or not Fellblade (or other HoM items) will ever be changed at all?

in Suggestions

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I’ve been wishing my GW2 Fellblade looked like my GW1 Fellblade for a year and 3 days now. I hope Anet does something about it.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

I’ve been wishing my GW2 Fellblade looked like my GW1 Fellblade for a year and 3 days now. I hope Anet does something about it.

Agreed. I really hope they change it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Yes, we need Tormented Weapons in the Hom as well

AmateurNet

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Lol well that’s something entirely for a different thread. Though I’d love to see those come back!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Lol well that’s something entirely for a different thread. Though I’d love to see those come back!

For GW1 players only! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AmateurNet

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Well I’m sure that with the return of Zodiac Weapons (albeit lesser versions of the originals) we may expect to see more GW1 themed weapons in the future. And no, the new ascended swords with GW1 NPC names do not count.

But back on topic. I had a guy come up to me today and ask me why I still used the Fellblade and actually suggested I check this thread out (he didn’t know it was me, obviously). He said that if I value the Fellblade I should voice my opinion on the forums to get it changed back to the original. Made me smile to know that people actually care and actually view suggestions (even as players).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

+1 For this, i would love to see the fellbalde receive some love.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks for the support Liege! We all hope that someday it will receive an overhaul to give it the awesome appearance it had in GW1. =)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soth.6374

Soth.6374

OMG YES! I really want this sword to be as awesome as it used to be +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

+1 for some HoM love!

I think showing off our HoM skins should give us a sense of pride and achievement, updating the great-sword effects would be a step in the right direction.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

+1 for some HoM love!

I think showing off our HoM skins should give us a sense of pride and achievement, updating the great-sword effects would be a step in the right direction.

Exactly. Because as it stands there’s no point in wearing the Fellblade (amongst other skins) because of the way they look compared to the originals.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, I’ve transmuted the appearance of my Warrior’s Fellblade to another skin. I got tired of looking at a greatsword that had a dull, rusty appearance. The smoke coming off it wasn’t visible enough to be worth it.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Well, I’ve transmuted the appearance of my Warrior’s Fellblade to another skin. I got tired of looking at a greatsword that had a dull, rusty appearance. The smoke coming off it wasn’t visible enough to be worth it.

I’m right there with you. I use it on one of my warriors with the hopes that one day I’ll log in and it’ll be changed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lablamb.2419

Lablamb.2419

Personally, I think all Runes have their own weapon-graphic. This could be the Precision-stacking Accuracy Rune affect.

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Personally, I think all Runes have their own weapon-graphic. This could be the Precision-stacking Accuracy Rune affect.

Are you posting in the right thread? lol

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Fellblade needs some love! =)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Earendil Starsailor.4675

Earendil Starsailor.4675

I never really liked the sword (in terms of its shape). But the effect in GW1 was so cool, that I had to have one. I would love to see that effect reinstated on the GW2 fellblade. As it stands now, it looks like an old, semi-rusty sword with dust occasionally being blown off it. While we’re at it, I’d like to see a true IDS…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

i worked really hard to get my 30 points and one of my main drive is Fell-blade. My main on gw2 uses the said weapon and i was critically disappointed with the weapon design,
but i found it worthwhile as it was a unique weapon appearance, but now the new 1 hand sword simply took it over the roof, this is a insult to my efforts i spent on gw1, making a once beautiful and imposing weapon into a piece of junk compared to something new is like my HoM points r being spit on

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I don’t forsee it changing, but I would like to see blade and others from GW1 points re-worked.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

+1 to Fellblade GW1 goodness

I do use it on my Ranger, but yeah, it should be as cool as it was in GW1

(also the Crystaline Sword skin on ZAP is not as cool as the GW1 counterpart either… Disappointing)

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

approving! Fellblade atm is a lackluster..

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

IMO the HoM weapons should have an awesome effect like you see on legendaries, not with purple runic glow on it but with a sinister shadow around the fellblade.
i also think that HoM weapons with practically the same model should have a smaller/bigger version for the smaller/bigger weapon, i would love to have two 1 handed fell blades and a huge fiery dragon sword, but i digress.

yes to remove purple runes, yes to shadow effect, no to making it completely like the GW1 version.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

100% agreed with the OP. Bring it back.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

those of us that came from GW1 should have gotten more than we did honestly because of the time alone that was invested to get the X number of achivements for hom the fact we had to get the most expensive armor in the game if we wanted 50 of 50 metric ton of titles and some of the most expensive weapons as well I would love to get a Dhuum’s Soul Reaper in gw2(I miss my derv…)

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

those of us that came from GW1 should have gotten more than we did honestly because of the time alone that was invested to get the X number of achivements for hom the fact we had to get the most expensive armor in the game if we wanted 50 of 50 metric ton of titles and some of the most expensive weapons as well I would love to get a Dhuum’s Soul Reaper in gw2(I miss my derv…)

I miss my Balthazar Dagger Dervish aswell

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks for the continued support guys and gals! Hopefully more will see this (The youtube video gets more and more views every day) and something may actually get done about it.

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

Thanks for the continued support guys and gals! Hopefully more will see this (The youtube video gets more and more views every day) and something may actually get done about it.

make a point of adding this to the “collaborative decision” threads when they finally get round to making them, some of these graphics need tweeking

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

make a point of adding this to the “collaborative decision” threads when they finally get round to making them, some of these graphics need tweeking

What are those threads you mentioned? I’ve never heard of them. I’ve stopped forum lurking as of late considering not much ever happens on here anymore dev-wise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Bumping this thread in hopes of more support and maybe some ArenaNet love?

Giving the Fellblade it’s GW1 appearance would be fantastic, maybe fixing the Fellblade icon issue so the icon doesn’t change into a regular sword’s after transmutation?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

You can bump it all the time, but sadly no one cares anymore :/.