Please implement a token system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Title pretty much says it all , we want a token system for these new weapons and the new Tequatl weapons. I don’t care if it’s a ridiculous amount , i want to work towards something not sit there and hope for luck that is never coming.

Maybe this will get noticed if enough people support. Post if you support of course, thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

I agree. I feels a bit weird how they in the early days said that they didn’t want people to redo the same content over and over for a chance to get the weapons they want and thus they implemented the tokens system. And especialy since they made the wallet they would have no problem with people complaining about bank space.

The only reason I can think of for them doing things like this would be to encourage people to stop skiping mobs. But I would not see this as the right direction to go to get around that problem.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

this has been suggested multiple times and anet’s response was bl ticket scraps.
we can dream tho.
T.T

in Suggestions

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

This way those skins have alot more exclusivity and value, otherwise everyone and their mothers will be running around with them which will make them anything but special.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Why not have both? Tokens and a chance at the skins in the path ? It is very annoying when Anet announces new skins and they are on the freaking gem shop and I have to RNG them.

I simply won’t buy gems for a black lion key. It is just as bad as a subscription fee. GW2 simply becomes a Job when new items/skins are only obtainable through a gem shop.

There should be 3 ways to getting certain skin maybe even more :

Tokens

RNG

Gem Shop

Crafting

For example: If I want say a Jade Axe I should be able to either craft it, loot it from something, pay for it with dungeon tokens, or the dumb way of Gem shop.

(edited by Chewablesleeptablet.3185)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

being able to get anything by any means makes items less special. And no, this is not a violation of gw2 manifesto.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Why not have both? Tokens and a chance at the skins in the path ? It is very annoying when Anet announces new skins and they are on the freaking gem shop and I have to RNG them.

I simply won’t buy gems for a black lion key. It is just as bad as a subscription fee. GW2 simply becomes a Job when new items/skins are only obtainable through a gem shop.

Tokens

RNG

Gem Shop

Crafting

For example: If I want say a Jade Axe I should be able to either craft it, loot it from something, pay for it with dungeon tokens, or the dumb way of Gem shop.

They need to earn money some way. Those people also have families they need to feed.
If you WANT say a jade axe, you spend money to obtain it since it pure cosmetical upgrade and its only fair that they make profit on things like that instead of selling power over other players like some companies do.
And this new skins are available thru playing game. They are giving prestige to skins by making them chance drop, and truth is playerbase is simply spoiled and is always asking for easier way around.
Also, YOU are making a job out of chasing skins. If you wanna look all pretty and dressed up you need to put some effort or spend some cash, plain and simple.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

The “issue” is that tokens made acquiring stuff too fast for the developers intended pace, seems.

Wonder why most MMO’s use RNG for loot – even when you can’t progress to next dungeon until you get it?
Right, cause it’s time consuming, thus devs have more time to work on next time sink. Oh, and if it’s P2P it will likely make your sub run out, to make you pay again.

You can see it clearly comparing the “core” Gw2 DGs, where tokens allowed you to point what you wanted and get it as first reward – and then move to other stuff, if it was the only thing you wanted – and what came after, like fractals, RNG and time consuming at its best. You can’t say “I just want Fractal -insert weapon here- then i can ignore fotm foverer” cause it’s completely random.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

one of the reasons I bought gw2 was the token system, It saddens me to not see any more token gear/weps since launch…

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Even make it so you could buy them with gems! I would buy that!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Tokens

RNG

Gem Shop

Crafting

They need to earn money some way. Those people also have families they need to feed.
If you WANT say a jade axe, you spend money to obtain it since it pure cosmetical upgrade and its only fair that they make profit on things like that instead of selling power over other players like some companies do.
And this new skins are available thru playing game. They are giving prestige to skins by making them chance drop, and truth is playerbase is simply spoiled and is always asking for easier way around.
Also, YOU are making a job out of chasing skins. If you wanna look all pretty and dressed up you need to put some effort or spend some cash, plain and simple.

Maybe if they made the game less about the gem shop for new skins they would get way more purchases of the game. $50 from a new customer is better than say robbing an existing customer of actual new gameplay and their wallet. It is no better than a sub fee

(edited by Chewablesleeptablet.3185)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I see no need for the tokens, I hated that system in WoW. If you do it for tokens (or rep, shards, trophies, points, etc.) it feels like a grind. I hated doing the daily quests for things like that in WoW and in Neverwinter Online, so I vote against this one.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I see no need for the tokens, I hated that system in WoW. If you do it for tokens (or rep, shards, trophies, points, etc.) it feels like a grind. I hated doing the daily quests for things like that in WoW and in Neverwinter Online, so I vote against this one.

good point, I like neverwinter but there are so many types of currency that it makes the game less compelling to me. We have the right amount now in GW2 thats why I suggest making it so you can buy what you need with Gems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I support microtransactions in games, I completely see the point for them. However, we don’t need to keep making more things that are cash shop only. I think if we make playable gear (armore/weapons/etc with stats and a purpose in-game) attainable via the cash shops, we will also be ruining the game. Because of this, I feel like maybe making them laurel or karma (or even a combination of both) bought would be acceptable. They may need to be rather expensive to make the compensation fair, while still allowing it to drop as current.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023