Please include dueling in January's update

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

You want people to visit the older areas again? Well what better simple solution exists as to turning the entire world into a giant playground/dueling arena? People could travel to locations to battle each other in terrain of nearly infinite variability. Can’t something like costume brawling be retooled to allow us to use our own profession abilities? Really, I know this little change would add so much to the game for so many people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

You want people to visit the older areas again? Well what better simple solution exists as to turning the entire world into a giant playground/dueling arena? People could travel to locations to battle each other in terrain of nearly infinite variability. Can’t something like costume brawling be retooled to allow us to use our own profession abilities? Really, I know this little change would add so much to the game for so many people.

Yes indeed they said they would add dueling we just don’t know when.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Just so long as they add something… I’m still waiting on Guesting system as well by the time it seems to get here the people that I wana play with will have stopped playing at this rate = game kinda useless and that was suppose to been implemented at game lunch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

gw2guru did a conference call with some pvp teams and jonathan sharp. sharp said that dueling was on their list for the january/february update, but that it was not as important as the other things on their list.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maligne.6182

Maligne.6182

Just as long as I have the option to auto-reject duel requests.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feni.4306

Feni.4306

When dueling was brought up did they by chance mention how it would work? I’m just wondering if an 80 can duel a 50 and it lowers the 80 to level 50 to match him.

Warrior – RĂ­se[MoM]. Guardian – Ekria. Necro – Reimia. Engi – Feni Navi
Tarnished Coast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

As I said on the other thread about it, there should be a simple “flag” set, called “Duel”, default should obviously be OFF, and anyone who actually wants to duel would need to set it to ON, only an ON player can request a duel from another ON player, OFF players shouldn’t be bothered in any way by duel request spam.

If the duel takes place in a lower level area the level 80 will already be “adjusted” by the downscaling system, there is no reason to change his stats to his actual level if a duel is started.

Finally duels should never be allowed inside cities and incur no death penalty and/or repair cost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Im hoping they will confine dueling to certain areas. Like the arena in black citadel for example.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Mmm I have the feeling that duelling is rather low priority, overall it’s a lot of effort for a features that won’t add very much to the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Im hoping they will confine dueling to certain areas. Like the arena in black citadel for example.

That would be terrible in my opinion. They have a gigantic world that can provide nearly infinite “map rotation” through terrain variability and you want to confine duels to a small space? Not to mention the hundreds of players that would be gathered there at once >.<

in Suggestions

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

This would be a bad idea running around with a build in pve not suitable for live combat. They would have to implement something like gw1 (skill template ). Even after that they still charge for adjusting traits making them have to work that out as well

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I don’t know, I mean, even if they are going to implement it I wouldn’t expect it until maybe the 1st expansion is released. Also, if they do implement dueling into this game, there will be a LOT of nerfs based off of it.

I can already hear the QQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kirto Alexana.3149

Kirto Alexana.3149

Totally agree, duelling is pro.

I’m not suffering from insanity, I’m enjoying every minute of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I don’t know, I mean, even if they are going to implement it I wouldn’t expect it until maybe the 1st expansion is released. Also, if they do implement dueling into this game, there will be a LOT of nerfs based off of it.

I can already hear the QQ

If they add dueling it should be completely optional, no “dueling messages/requests” if you don’t want etc it shouldn’t affect the game in any way and the devs should simply ignore any QQ that comes from it. There is already enough nerfing because of sPVP in the game, coming from people who can’t think how a change will affect PVE…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solgam.1469

Solgam.1469

I agree that dueling in a game that wishes to have a good PvP is a must. Even tho you can join with your partner in an empty pvp server to duel, standing on a bridge challenging everyone to a duel is boss.