Please make legendary weapons account-bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

(or leave in mechanics for changing soul-binding)

I love my legendary (the Bifrost), but I’m considering changing the main build I use — which would make the legendary a lot of work for nothing unless I can use it on an alternate character. (Fire XI makes scepter/dagger really appealing for Elementalist). Right now, this can be done with transmutation — but it’s not clear if we’ll get the ascended boost & ability to change attributes with the next patch. (I did move it once with transmutation stones, so perhaps I’m already SoL — but this applies for others even if so.)

It doesn’t have to be free — I’m fine with using transmutation stones or something else from the gem store — I just want think legendaries should retain their special characteristics through the process.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/MAKE-LEGENDARY-ITEMS-UNTRADABLE

This link is actually what I expected when I read your Thread’s title.
I’ve left the link here for people who agree with me that legendaries shouldn’t even be tradable.

and to make up for not posting anything useful.. Yes, I do agree that legendaries should be account bound AND retain the ability to change their stats. especially if they’re untradable. I mean you’ve worked hard for it! you should be able to do whatever you wish with it. Except for sell it, c’mon people it’s a ’’legendary’’. Twilight and other ‘’common legendaries’’ (what a weird phrase..) just haven’t felt as special as they’ve been intended to be.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

I fully support this request.

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

in Suggestions

Posted by: IvoryOwl.3275

IvoryOwl.3275

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/MAKE-LEGENDARY-ITEMS-UNTRADABLE

This link is actually what I expected when I read your Thread’s title.
I’ve left the link here for people who agree with me that legendaries shouldn’t even be tradable.

and to make up for not posting anything useful.. Yes, I do agree that legendaries should be account bound AND retain the ability to change their stats. especially if they’re untradable. I mean you’ve worked hard for it! you should be able to do whatever you wish with it. Except for sell it, c’mon people it’s a ’’legendary’’. Twilight and other ‘’common legendaries’’ (what a weird phrase..) just haven’t felt as special as they’ve been intended to be.

I would post in there but I have mixed feelings about necro-ing a thread in which the last post is about 7 months old.

However, I fully support this. If those people can farm hundreds and even thousands of gold, then they can do it as well for the materials required to craft them. If nothing else, this is just a way to make the richer even richer. On the other hand I would make precursors tradable though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

S/D powa!!!!
+1 from me

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Suggestions

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

I’d be happy to also make them account bound to start, rather than tradeable — I agree that buying a legendary makes little sense. I don’t have a problem with using cash to buy gems → gold, which I did rather than grind T6 mats (or farm gold to buy T6 mats), but I do think you should do the account-bound parts yourself. I just don’t know if that’s a decision which can easily be fixed at this point. :-/

But I do think it’d be easy and non-disruptive to make legendaries account-bound on equip, so we can move them to alternate characters if we decide to change builds. Asserting that transmutation won’t remove the specialness (going forward) would be sufficient, though I’d prefer if we didn’t need to waste an additional top-tier weapon in the process.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I like this idea. Why go through all the work to make a legendary (WHICH IS A LOT OF FRIGGIN WORK), and then have it restricted to a single character? This game isn’t supposed to be about setting up a single character, otherwise they wouldn’t give you so many races/classes/character slots to play with. We’ve done the work, let us show it off!