Please open more servers

Please open more servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

The game is growing especially when a free play offer is made. The servers overflow, we get tons of lag, and Anet blames our systems, when the day before a big influx of players all was fine.

Please consider adding at least 5 more servers and allow free transfers like before.

Please open more servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

People are complaining the world is dead as is on servers, even though really it isn’t but can “look” that way. This would just make that worse. They recently increased server capacity though.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Please open more servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Some comments.

What free play offer do you mean?…the free weekend?. if that’s the one you mean, it’s over already, and AFAIK there are no plans on more for the time being (I’m sure many more will come, though). None of the people on the free weekend are still playing unless they bought the game.

You can already guest in other servers for everything PvE related for free, the only difference between guesting and free transfer is on WvW, and that is on purpose because people were abusing the free transfers to go to enemy servers in WvW and sabotage them, or just go to whichever server was winning creating population imbalances.

And to be honest, I see people complaining about dead zones in mid level areas as much, if not more, than people complaining about lag or overflow, new servers would just make that problem even worse. If anything, I’d suggest the posibility of creating “underflow” servers instead, merging individual zones from different servers into one if they spend too much time under a certain low population threshold, sort of like a reversed overflow.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.