Please raise the price of the commander icon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tyranuss.3269

tyranuss.3269

It’s very low imho.
In one month one can easy to get one…

Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZombieNugget.6847

ZombieNugget.6847

I’d rather have an option to toggle its appearance in WvW, while it should never show up outside of PvP.

Also, it’s a personal hope of mine that it become something earned and not bought, but oh well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Should only be available after spending 500hours in wvw imo.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Should be purchased with badges of honor, and remove badges of honor from those JP in wvw. So you actually have to be a dedicated participant in WvW to, dare I say, earn your right as a commander.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

It’s very low imho.
In one month one can easy to get one…

Thanks.

Your point being ? People should spend 2 – 3 months instead of 1 to get the commander icon ? Dumb idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It shouldn’t have been purchasable by gold in the first place. So many stupid people buying it without a clue how WvW works or simply because they had more gold than brains and wanted a flash symbol.

Should’ve cost Badges of Honour instead.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

should have cost both 100 gold and 1000 badges and require your account to have completed at least 1 tier (probably 2 other than the silly capture/defend SM that takes forever) of every wvw achievement).

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

Should be purchased with badges of honor, and remove badges of honor from those JP in wvw. So you actually have to be a dedicated participant in WvW to, dare I say, earn your right as a commander.

That’s kind of a lame suggestion for people who don’t care about WvW but want legendary weapons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

should have cost both 100 gold and 1000 badges and require your account to have completed at least 1 tier (probably 2 other than the silly capture/defend SM that takes forever) of every wvw achievement).

I like this idea. shows that the commander actually plays a lot of wvw and knows (for the most part) what their doing. i know some people buy commander book just to have a “look at me” icon.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

That’s kind of a lame suggestion for people who don’t care about WvW but want legendary weapons.

Agreed. Badges of “Jumping” don’t drop regularily enough in WvW to justify removing them from the JPs.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It seems that there are three issues raised:

1. Too many commanders.
  2. Too many of the commanders don’t seem to be good at leading.
  3. The icon appears on the map too often.

Increasing the gold cost isn’t going to address any of those for more than a month. Adding a badge requirement isn’t going to address any of them either, since anyone can sit on a siege weapon and rake up badges without knowing a thing about strategy.

It will take more than a simple adjustment to price to changes things in a way that’s meaningful to WvW or PvE. And there are a lot of interesting suggestions out there, but the devs have said they aren’t really considering changes to commander at this time.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I agree. The commander “rank” should require some form of leadership test to obtain. Having it aquired through PVP seems like the best option. Perhaps have some sort of limit system in place that limits this icon to active, high-ranked PVP players.

As it is now, I find the Commander system broken. It allows any random player to intrusively show up on the map of every other player, even if that “commander” purchased the rank without the intent to lead or the leadership skills to do so.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZombieNugget.6847

ZombieNugget.6847

Not completely relevant, but why do Commanders get big symbols above both of their heads and everyone’s map, whereas Asura gates don’t even have a proper icon (on the map they do appear as big purple swirlies, as opposed to all other scenery of the map appearing properly top-down), and you can’t target them to see a name- you need to be nearly through it to have the destination pop up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

I agree. The commander “rank” should require some form of leadership test to obtain. Having it aquired through PVP seems like the best option. Perhaps have some sort of limit system in place that limits this icon to active, high-ranked PVP players.

sPvP has as much to do with WvW as PvE does.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

would just like to point, out that when areanet announced commanders, they mentioned that they were considering making them free (i.e. anyone being a commander)

in Suggestions

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

Raising the price is just going to mean people will buy more gold to get them. None of the current problems involving commander icons would change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChocoCee.7243

ChocoCee.7243

Other than gold and badge of honors, also make a WvW daily achievement (Rez people, Build Sieges, Upgrade camps+structures etc…) where at the end players get another type of “badge”, then collect like 100 (an example) along side with gold+badge of honors for a commander icon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nolop.8095

nolop.8095

What does this comander thingy do ? I thought it’s just a gold sink for atention hungry people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

The ability to have/use the commander function should also need the player to have completed 1000 hours game time. At least then you have a better chance of getting somebody with experience, not just some spoilt brat with daddies credit card !

;)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I would much prefer the commander manual to be linked to actually doing stuff in WvW. For example, there could be an achievement that requires many objectives to be completed (building siege weapons, defending/capturing towers/keeps, killing players in WvW, reparing structures, helping NPC camps, etc.). Then once you have that achievement you could purchase your manual for a certain amount of badges of honor.

Having the commander manual ONLY cost gold, is like buying a fake certificate online. It only proves you have gold, not that you have put time into WvW. It’s meaningless, and unless this is changed eventually there will be so many unskilled commanders out there that people will stop following them. It needs to be a tough achievement to aquire and should take serious work to gain. Any good commander should find it easy to get over time.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.