Please reduce appeal of professions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

I have six character slots with peeps ranging from level 10 thru 16, and I’ve been playing since the beginning of March(?). I have remade certain professions several times, and just now have two humans about to leave Queensdale. This slow progression is not my fault.

The problem is that I can’t settle on a profession; they are all fun and bring a lot to the table. None of them seem to have that horrible mechanic or the broken skills that would warrant benching them permanently. As you can obviously see, this puts me in the quandry of switching characters nearly every play session, and sometimes multiple times in one evening.

I suggest you pick all but one of the professions and completely break them (I think the saying is “to the ground”) or make them ugly in some fashion so I don’t have so many choices open to me. I feel like the design of these professions are executed too well. That is squarely on ANET’s shoulders and not mine. What happened to the paradigm of making one profession/class overpowered and the only “real” option for leveling? I am greatly disappointed by the choice to make them all viable in PvE.

If something isn’t rapidly done about this situation, I will eventually have eight 80s and still no idea of which one to “main”. I understand that picking a main is essential to the fun of the game and is something I do not wish to miss. Plus, imagine all of the wasted time I would have wasted in having the other kind of fun while I am exploring various parts of the world. I beg you to consider destroying the majority of the professions.

Thanks for your time.

Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pantsdragon.5703

Pantsdragon.5703

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, satirical, serious, or if you’re just trolling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, satirical, serious, or if you’re just trolling.

Three of four isn’t bad!

Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pantsdragon.5703

Pantsdragon.5703

Three of four isn’t bad!

I’ll give you props though for being bold enough to tell ANet to make their game worse through their own suggestion forum.