Please remove JP from WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

JP should remain in PvE server only. its a detraction in WvW because it has multiple groups of players standing around in there waiting for Mesmer portals. They remain useless to the group most of the time standing around in there rather than attacking on the surface with their faction.

Please remove the Jumping Puzzle please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

I only go to wvwvw for the jumping puzzles, its always fun to engage in battles there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baileys On Ice.1574

Baileys On Ice.1574

I agree, wvw is for fighting not jumping!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: CashmereCroc.7461

CashmereCroc.7461

I just find it irritating when there is an hour que on a crucial wvw map and when we are trying to defend or attack people are wasting up slots on the map by staying in the jumping puzzle all day.

Commander Argyle Alligator
Guild Leader of Elephant Ambush [EA]
Dragonbrand

in Suggestions

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It should NOT be moved to PVE. Instead it should be moved to its own PvP instance. That way people can still fight in it if they want, but it doesn’t impact the regular WvW queues.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I agree. Last night me and a guildie were talking about this. I was like “Woah no wonder we are losing there is like 20 people in here!”. There really was, there were so many dots it was like a ant farm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deano.7913

Deano.7913

I say leave the jumping puzzle as it is. No changes needed.

[WP] Wisenheimer Prime | Guild Leader
Polyhistor Serpente – lvl 80 Elementalist | Crystal Desert
http://www.twitch.tv/polyhistorsl

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Leave the EB-JP as it is, but put it on a separate map with separate player-limit and queue from EB.

Edit: Separate Maps have separate chat channels as well

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jomg.9061

Jomg.9061

…………………………+1

People camp the jumping taking slot from real WvW player.

Pervx [DEX]

(edited by Jomg.9061)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I have no issues with people doing the jumping puzzle, I do have issue with people spamming team/map chat for help to defend the jumping puzzle. Even that isn’t that bad, if, when the chips are down and the keep/garrison is about to fall they would actually come help. But you ask them to help, and you get this typical answer.. “Oh, I don’t WvW”. I slam my head on the desk every time I read it. I think I may have a concussion.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: jagans curse.4892

jagans curse.4892

Knighthonor.4061 JP should remain in PvE server only.

Thank you for your opinion. My opinion is that the jumping puzzles are just fine the way they are with no need for any changes.

Jagannath Vishnu Level 81 warrior [PiNK] -
Tarnished Coast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Its own instance isn’t a bad idea, at least nubs won’t be filling up 20-30 EB spots every reset.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Please never do anything to the jumping puzzle. The QQ it generates from both PvE carebears and WvW tryhards is delicious.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

I’ll hit the JP if there isn’t a queue. If there isn’t a queue I’m not taking up a spot from someone else. I use the siege I get to rain punishment down on our enemies. I don’t see an issue.

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

If the EB JP is ever moved to its own instance/server than I will put money down that it will be more popular that sPvP/tPvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I love WvW JP. You get some hilarious battles and not knowing whether the red guy coming around the corner is going to run past you or gank you off a cliff, can be quite tense at times.

You have to remember that not everyone playing WvW is obsessed with points and many are just there to explore different methods of waging war. Personally, I usually retreat to the EB JP when there’s too much zerging going on in the open.

But I can definitely get behind the instancing of JPs if it makes everyone happy. Well either that or they somehow make JPs more significant in WvW.

Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

The jumping puzzles help add variety to WvW, and I don’t see them as being a bad thing. If you don’t want people standing around doing something other than obsessing over kills, go kill those players. I’m sure not all of them are going to be on your server. Go kill them and teach them a lesson…. show them that WvW zones are serious business and they need to either pvp or stop going there.

Seriously though, it’s really not a big deal. Just continue with your pvp and ignore the jumpers, or go kill them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astaroth.5146

Astaroth.5146

The issue is not from the game itself, it’s a player issue. If some player spend too much time in there wasting precious player slots in the world, it’s an issue the players need to fix themselves. I too agree that staying in the JP to gank people or wait for a mesmer to make it to the end and port you up isn’t a productive way to spend time in WvW, just like those that go there only to duel.

So basically, I agree with most of what you say, where I disagree is about asking Anet to fix it for us. Educate your fellow players to do the JP when there is no queue and to not waste their time camping it. Might work, might not, but that’s the way to adress this. Anet’s job is to fix bugs, exploit, abuse and balance the game (+providing new content once in a while lol). Not unproductive player behavior :P

Jezebèl – CD

Jezebèl – Mag
Behind every red name there is a human being just like you. Respect your enemies :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

There is complaining about jumping puzzle that gives you siege to help your team in wvw but no complaining about those people who stand around merchants or crafting stations for hours? Wow.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parsee Komeiji.2049

Parsee Komeiji.2049

There is complaining about jumping puzzle that gives you siege to help your team in wvw but no complaining about those people who stand around merchants or crafting stations for hours? Wow.

Could be something to do with how I’ve never actually noticed anyone hanging out near the merchants, crafting stations, or even Mystic Forge on my server.

Then again, I’ve also never noticed very many people from our server in the jumping puzzles at any given time… except for when one of our commanders leads their zerg in to acquire mass siege blueprints, which usually takes them a few minutes at most.

Still, I agree they should put the jumping puzzles in a separate instance. In fact, I assumed they had until I first saw a Mesmer on map chat advertising JP portal services.

In fact, other players aside, I would feel better about spending my time in the JPs if I knew I wasn’t costing my server anything…

in Suggestions

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

That upsets me too. But it really peeves me when I have invested vast amounts coin and Karma in tower upgrades and coin on defenses and then have that tower taken whilst I die doing everything I can including killing multiple enemies in a blaze of fire and then ask why no one react, only to be told that “oh, we are in the JP”…

The amount of siege players can get from the JP is less than what you would lose at one single tower, at least that is the situation on my server. Towers are being lost on a daily basis because people are in the JP. The JP does not belong in WvW. By all means, give people an alternative method to acquire free siege or increase their drops in the world, but the JP just does not belong in there. The only thing they cater for is the PvE crowd who want their badges the easy way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

The only thing they cater for is the PvE crowd who want their badges the easy way.

There are also plenty of PvP players that just want to kill, have fun, and are very good. It is a very poor assumtion to say every player in the JP is bad at PvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

I don’t care if the Jumping Puzzles exist or not, but they SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS MAP QUES!!! Move them somewhere off the map, or make it so that people have to go into WvW the same way they do now, but have them enter another instance (like Dungeons) when they enter the Jumping Puzzles. Just please, PLEASE, absolutely remove the Jumping Puzzles from anything related to our WvW que times!!!

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

How about letting people play their game the way they want it? If they want to spend their whole afternoon at the JP who are you to say no?

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

They’re fine as they are, an often the source of random, chaotic fun.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: idari.4273

idari.4273

JP are ok. They’re fun for so many players. The problem is map slots. Anet just shouldn’t add used slots from people on JP. That’s all.

[Ark] Idari Kun
Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: Badastaz.6984

Badastaz.6984

people pay for the game to play how they see fit to them till you pay for there copy or you own the game you have no right to tell them how to play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I love all the zerglings calling JPers nubs. The quality of PvPer in the EB JP is always 10x higher than that found outside of it. People go there because they know they can stand up in small groups or solo. Zerglings go there naked on all their alts to get badges since they can’t get kills and QQ all day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I disagree strongly. This is just like any other part of WvW that you need to manage and just as with defense/scouting, if you can not manage it or your server lacks the discipline then you rightly suffer.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Suggestions

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I don’t mind having JPs in WvW maps until some non-PvPers or non-WvWers start QQ-ing a lot in the forum about the “jerks” killing them.

Not only in the forum, some even spamming the /team or /map chat to get a help to kill invaders at JPs just because they can’t deal with those invaders/they kept getting farmed by the invaders while the people on that map are busy defending objectives.

I know the true/high quality PvP-ers at JPs won’t QQ about getting killed at JPs.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: AprilRain.7649

AprilRain.7649

Do you people even realize you can get FREE SIEGE MATERIALS from the puzzle? I mean.. You could save up to a 100 badges of honour, or 1g on a Golem.. Just by doing the puzzle once. And wanna know what’s even more fun? You get BADGES for doing the puzzle! Wow!

This thing was designed to be a game changer. If your team camps the puzzle, they get access to free siege materials for their team; therefore allowing them more resources to upgrade their keeps/towers/camps, without losing siege prowess on the battlefield.

Next time you decide to complain about people being in the JP consider this; Would you really prefer to spend more money on WvW? Even while you’re hardly getting anything back from it? That one person in the JP gets 2 siege materials for doing it, plus badges. The more often they do the puzzle, the more siege becomes available for YOUR team.

in Suggestions

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Arg, ’da puzzle be fine.

It be o’ bunch o’ carebears and yellowbelly dogs that be complainin’ about it.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

Please put the JP door in SM only. Whoever owns SM can do JP. This way players will have to contribute before going into JP.

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anat.1765

Anat.1765

Definitely needs a separate instance and queue. Totally great idea, doesn’t belong in scored maps

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

get it OUT of WvW, and the one so decided it should be there should be fired..

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lebannen.8325

Lebannen.8325

I complain about that as well. My post are usually removed

in Suggestions

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

after you get killed in the jp, invite them to your party and congradulate them. then go back and duel them 1v1 for fun, i did this today, was much more fun than actually helping my team, and besides, this is a game i play, the way i want to play, and if they are nice enough they will even give you tips on a build. i changed my build just a little bit and it drastically changed how good i do.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in Suggestions

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

There simply are not enough players in the JP at any given time to make a significant difference.

There are, though.

When there are maybe 20 people within range of defending a keep while we’re attacking it with 30, and 7 of them decide to go into the jump puzzle instead, does that affect the outcome? I’d like to claim that it does.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in Suggestions

crystalpink.2487

Besides those that do hit the JP chests frequently contribute siege.

Nope for the frequent JP-ers who do not involve in WvW at all.
Those, who just go to WvW for JP only, only care about their badge of honors for their legendary in PvE. Nothing else.

I doubt that those pure JP-ers/PvE-ers, who typically are QQ-ing about getting killed at JP and then ask the entire map to help killing those invaders, contribute to WvW at all.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)

in Suggestions

crystalpink.2487

IMO the number of players doing this purely for legendary weapons is probably a tiny fraction of the player base and they are in there for a minute or two at best.

Even a tiny fraction can’t be tolerated when the map really needs people to defend objective. Those tiny fraction could be replaced by people, who are eager to fight for their server in WvW.

Also, a minute or two at best?
lol, have you seen how many of them staying for more than a minute or two for QQ-ing due to getting killed by invaders?
Or, have you seen the QQ on the forum because they can’t finish JP due to getting killed. I don’t think they spend for a minute or two at best at JPs when the invaders are there, and for most of the time, there are invaders and/or campers at WvW JPs.

in Suggestions

crystalpink.2487

Of the hundreds of WvWvW players, this “fix” is singling out a small handful that don’t spend much time in the WvWvW area. Among the numerous bugs and features on the GW2 list this one is trivial at best.

Besides, who appointed you king of how we should play the game? You are free to come onto the forums and get upset just as those players are free to enjoy the game as it is built today. I suppose everyone wins.

If you read again, no one here asked Anet to give priority to remove JPs from WvW above fixing the current bugs and glitches.

Also, read again. I’m not asking them how to play the game either. If the pure JP-ers want to QQ all the time due to getting killed, go ahead. I have no right to stop them from QQ-ing. Besides, some campers are having fun with the JP QQ-ers for the JPers tears are so sweet and delicious, according to them.

Just because I disagree with your point of view doesn’t make me the king of how we should play the game, but thank you for calling me a king of something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The only only problem people have with the JP is that it uses the same que slots as the rest of the map.

Personally, I like WvW, and I like the JP. When I run to WvW, the JP is usually the first on my list of things to get out of the way. I go in, scope it out, if there’s a defending massive zerg that I can’t sneak by, I say screw it and leave. If there’s a manageable number of enemies, I’ll fight my way through.

If I have an opportunity to help allies as I work my way through the puzzle I do so, and when I have the opportunity I do what I can to kill any enemies possible on the way through to speed the path for my allies.

However, once I’m through, got the chest, and have cleared out enemies or died trying at the top of the puzzle (past the arena room) that’s it for the day. I feel like this is pretty much how the thing was developed. You go there, you get the chest/help others, and you leave when you’re finished.

The fact that people actually go there in small groups specifically to get good small group PvP (And it’s very good there!) speaks more to a failing of the overall design of WvW than the jumping puzzle. There aren’t enough opportunities in WvW proper for those kinds of fights, despite supply camps. guards, and other such things being the “intended” arenas for those kinds of fights.

Just move them to their own instance, which is accessed from the same portals/caves they are now, and give them a respawn waypoint at the beginning. This means that people still need to hazard enemy territory in borderlands, and still need to make sure their server owns at least on EB keep, but makes sure that people that like to stay there don’t negatively impact the surface numbers, as their que slots free up once they enter, and they’re free to live/die as much as they like, but need to re-que if they’d like to get back to the main map.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShadowX.4639

ShadowX.4639

I really agree with a lot that has been said here, especially lately with my server. We don’t seem to have enough players around to even try to hold or take a keep but always seems to be 15-30 people in the JP. I think making them their own instance would really go a long ways towards keeping our WvW maps populated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Hehe, people want it easy at all times. Hmmm,

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Suggestions

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

I never understood why they put the JP’s in the BL’s but in it’s own separate instance. If you are going to have JP’s in the BL’s fine but put them in the main map and have completing them mean something, like extra points for your server.

Currently how it is the JP’s are a joke. They take up a spot that the WvWers need and most of the people who defend keeping the JP’s are those who just can’t hack it in sPvP or WvW so they hide in the JP’s and gank people from their little hiding spots where they can’t be reached. Even worse is the idiots who sit around all day in the JP setting up duels.

The JP’s in WvW is not a bad idea but like just about every thing else in this game Anet picked the worst possible way to implement them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

It’s the challenge of making it through not only the jumping aspect, but the potential enemies is what makes it possible for the decent reward chest at the end. You also get an achievement for completing it the first time.

I feel the only people complaining are the players who just got ganked and aren’t used to it yet.

There are several invisibility wells that help you traverse the rooms. Don’t go solo if you can clearly see enemies ahead of you.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vohnnyan.4058

Vohnnyan.4058

Just make them instanced, seperated from Borderland and Eb map caps, and remove the badges/siege drops at end of run.

It is ilogical that someone with 1K/2K wPvP kills could have 4K badges, or more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

I agree. Last night me and a guildie were talking about this. I was like “Woah no wonder we are losing there is like 20 people in here!”. There really was, there were so many dots it was like a ant farm.

You failed to mention that while your server has 20 people in there so do the other servers! So whether there is a JP or not the balance of sides actually doing WvW remains the same.

So the argument of a JP affecting WvW is completly invalid! Since all servers are doing the JP not just yours!

in Suggestions

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

Arg, ’da puzzle be fine.

It be o’ bunch o’ carebears and yellowbelly dogs that be complainin’ about it.

I agree

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace