Please remove tournament wins from monthly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

If you guys at Arena.net consider monthly PvP achievement to be intended for luring PvE and casual players to PvP content then just get rid of this . Up until December or so it was fairly OK to solo queue to tournaments and win every once in a while. Right now this experience is just horrifying. Considering that you need to wait for 8 teams to form up (looong queues). Considering that more often than not you are faced vs. a premade or 4v5.

For the first few months after release I did the “3 wins” thingy in one evening. Also queued to frees sometimes for a bit of fun. I remember already in January it a was a pain, and this month it is just atrocious. I guess all the casuals got tired of getting owned by premades so they stop joining and right now you get even MORE premades in the rotation. I dont know how many hours I spent already trying to win THREE kitten games in frees while going solo this month. My win ratio in 2013 in frees must be something like 5%. I dont know, change the 3 wins requirement to 30 games played requirement. I am sure that right now it is easier for soloers to play 30 games (you will go AFK half the time anyway after realizing that you are 4 pubs vs. 5 guys with same guild tag) than actually win 3. As it stands now, trying to win 3 frees is the most dreadful experience I get in GW2 and I even actually like PvP here (I liked frees till around November when more casuals played it, and I still like hot-join despite the zerg wars).

As already discussed in several threads on this forum, lack of solo queue for frees is a major pain in the kitten right now. At least for the time until it gets fixed somehow, free us from the urge to queue for this mess by removing the requirement from the monthly tab (yay for all the overachieveres!).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antihero.5429

Antihero.5429

I solo que a lot of frees and usually get 3/5 first timers on my team about 60% of the time but even then 3 tourney wins in a month isn’t dreadful at all.

It only requires an average of 1 win every ~10 or so days which is nothing and really the reward for the monthly isn’t that good for anyone that isn’t looking to play paids.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I solo que a lot of frees and usually get 3/5 first timers on my team about 60% of the time but even then 3 tourney wins in a month isn’t dreadful at all.

It only requires an average of 1 win every ~10 or so days which is nothing and really the reward for the monthly isn’t that good for anyone that isn’t looking to play paids.

Yeah, you are right that getting 3 wins over 30 days is not hard. Its easy, even by stupid luck. But in such case this achievement, when considered for players who only queue solo, should be renamed to “Get stomped by coordinated teams for 15 hours in order to earn your 3 randoms wins.”. Not cool. As I said, it was better before, but I guess lots of casuals left PvP few months after release.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Free tourneys are in bad shape right now because the devs made some excellent changes to paids, and now everyone is doing paids instead. Hopefully they change frees soon as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Frees are in a really rough place.
I rarely solo Q for them, if i dont have 5, but 2 or 3 people thats when i do frees mostly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Then add something else in place, but in the normal monthly achievs.

must lure people to spvp

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

I actually think they should add more elements to the monthly pvp achievement. You have a day to day grind fest to obtain the pve one, which is fine if you enjoy such a thing, but why is the pvp one so easy in comparison for those who decide to invest time into spvp? Lol doesn’t make sense to me. I would love a better reward than some salvage kits I could care less about.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I think it is very bland atm.

Why are there no requirements like:

Interrupt 20 enemies
Do X damage in a single hit.
Knockdown 20 enemies
Knockdown 3 enemies with one skill.
Launch enemy from capture point
Survive with less than 5% health