Please revisit Cooking it's not a very attractive crafting profession anymore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

It seems cooking has gone through a few nerfs post launch. The recipes for level 400 dye crafting call for a lot of mats with low chance of proc. With the whole design of how these mats are acquired going through change (karma vendors no longer sell most of the cooking mats they once did) it seems the chance of proc should be altered a bit on the rare dyes to be more likely. No one is crafting dye and I don’t imagine that’s what you originally intended.

As it stands now cooking seems to be one of the least attractive professions. I think the nerfs put in place where done so to stop certain exploits and not well thought out so please revisit.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

in Suggestions

SamTheGuardian.2938

TL;DR: A level 400 Armorsmith has recipes that guarantee exotic armor and yet a level 400 cook can’t even get a rare dye without it being a proc? When the mats were wider available I think the system (might have) made sense, but now it does not.

I think a rare should be guaranteed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I happen to love cooking. I’m not in it for rares, I’m in it for the fun of making tasty things and discovering more interesting combinations. It’s been far more fun to level than armor or weapon smith.

But then I’m not doing it to make rare things. I’m doing it for a fun activity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Cooking is awesome and by far my favourite discipline, but I admit the dye-making part of it is a bit meh. I’ve never made any because the mats are so expensive/rare. I mean some of them can only be gotten from one or two patches in the world, and you need 50 per dye! That’s crazy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

Cooking is fine. Suggestion -1.

Cooking was designed for purposes that it is currently serving. If there was a way for you to crumble the dye market, it would devalue cooking as a craft.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

I don’t think he’s asking for dyes to be easy to craft, just easier than they are now. Halving the mat cost would do this well I think, and still make them cost a fair bit to make.

I mean as it is now, you could be putting 50 of three different mats together, and ending up with a dye that you could buy on the trading Post for 50 copper.

in Suggestions

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

cooking is a waste of gold to lvlup

adding hunger to the game would be great and make cooking usefull now its just a useless profession

in Suggestions

SamTheGuardian.2938

I’m not suggesting you should be able to have a recipe for black dye or abyssal dye, just saying if I invest in all those mats (spend a day gathering or 30s to buy them) I should have 0% chance of ending up with a white or blue (junk) dye. I should be able to land a rare of some sort in the gray range or yellow range, whatever. As implemented now it makes little sense.

When an Armorsmith can invest a similar amount of time and end up with a level 80 exotic armor set they can then sell or equip themselves it just seems cooking has been left in a state that’s off balance. What is the value in cooking? I don’t to hear “for the fun of it”. Sure we’re all playing the game for the fun of it, but balance is an important thing.

I don’t think some people realize cooking went through a major nerf in the first few weeks. Karma vendors sold many items and these were removed and put in loot bags. The entire system that spent months in development was rapid changed to address an exploit and I’m just saying it seems very unbalanced right now. Simply put, it’s not a worth while investment.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)