Pls reverse the In-Combat Slowdown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

GW2 imitates almost every other game in existence by applying a movement (run-speed) slowdown when in combat. This is bad for three reasons:

1. As anyone who has ever been in any life-or-death situation can attest, people actually SPEED UP when their lives are threatened. “Fear lent me wings” is a famous old adage illustrating this basic concept. “Ride it like you stole it” is another.
2. Applying a SLOW when in combat is just plain goofy, silly, mindless etc. To say that it breaks immersion is an understatement- it defies logic.
3. GW2 should not be satisfied with merely following the MMO herd but should innovate in this area as it has in so many others.

Please, either apply a movement SPEEDUP in combat or at the very least eliminate the absurd slowdown.

Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

This is mostly so that people don’t just run through areas. I agree that it can be a little annoying, but that’s what Swiftness is for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Slows usually have a reason. Like frost magic. Which is true to real life. e.g: You may run faster when the cops are chasing you but you slow down when tazed.

in Suggestions

Lolyta.4582

Slows usually have a reason. Like frost magic. Which is true to real life. e.g: You may run faster when the cops are chasing you but you slow down when tazed.

This is not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the “auto-slow” that the game applies to you any time you are “in combat” even when you do not have any debuffs (bleeds, daze, cripple, etc.)

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

This is not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the “auto-slow” that the game applies to you any time you are “in combat” even when you do not have any debuffs (bleeds, daze, cripple, etc.)

Ah, kk. I gotcha now.

Well, we could look at it like an out of combat auto speed boost for travel purposes.

in Suggestions

Lolyta.4582

This is mostly so that people don’t just run through areas. I agree that it can be a little annoying, but that’s what Swiftness is for.

Not all professions have readily-available Swiftness with no cooldowns. And I respectfully disagree that a character ability (Swiftness in this case) is in the game solely to mitigate a goofy design choice.

My point was (and is) that auto-slow when in combat (common to almost all games) is unnecessary, illogical, pointless, counter-intuitive, immersion-breaking and just plain goofy.

The fact that some professions can mitigate it (while others can’t) is beside the point.

(edited by Lolyta.4582)

in Suggestions

Lolyta.4582

Ah, kk. I gotcha now.

Well, we could look at it like an out of combat auto speed boost for travel purposes.

LOL! You have a point there!

:-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

Yes +1. Remove this from the game. It’s annoying, bad for jumping puzzles and unrealistic!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Hate it. Dumbest…mechanic…ever. Remove it please.

+1

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I agree, it is enough with cripple and chill that slow your movement by 50% and 66% respectively. We don’t need an auto slowdown when in combat; I hate that mechanic.

Get rid off it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

My problem isn’t so much the speed reduction while “in combat”…it’s that it takes so long to get “out of combat”. If the mob resets, you should exit “combat” imo. That and you shouldn’t be slowed unless you loose a certain % of your hp. I’m tired of having some rabbit bit my toe and stick me in combat for half an hour…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Several threads have been made about this, Anet does not care, the fact that you are spending more time playing game is good for them, believe it or not, it is a time sink, that if you want to bypass then you have to pay a fee (if you have the desired WP) which is another sink, a gold sink

I hope this gets implemented hopefully before GW3 in 4-5 years from now.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

This in combat slowdown just doesn’t make sense.
It is, and has always been, extremely annoying, and confusing at times.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

I don’t look at it as a slow-down for in combat, but rather, a speed-up for out of combat. It’s there to allow you to get from point A to B quicker, and cut down on the boring part of traveling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: quakeroatmeal.4829

quakeroatmeal.4829

I think you guys are overlooking the real reason combat run speed exists. It’s not to waste your time, it’s not to annoy you, and it’s not even to prevent you from training. It’s to make it challenging to leash mobs when you’ve decided you’re going to lose and would rather run away.

It’s in all MMOs, so “fight or flight” is a choice you have to make ahead of time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I think you guys are overlooking the real reason combat run speed exists. It’s not to waste your time, it’s not to annoy you, and it’s not even to prevent you from training. It’s to make it challenging to leash mobs when you’ve decided you’re going to lose and would rather run away.

It’s in all MMOs, so “fight or flight” is a choice you have to make ahead of time.

Just because it is in all MMOs doesn’t mean it’s a good thing to have.

Handicapping the player isn’t a great way to let the monsters catch up.
In Guild Wars 1, there was none of this movement reduction stuff, but it was also the hardest thing to escape several mobs. Hexes, cripples, or monsters that shadowstepped let the monsters catch a player without artificially handicapping the player because of arbitrary rules. Just running from one place to another is hard, insane if you don’t have a build specifically for running.

The monsters here, on the other hand, go invincible if you go where they can’t walk because of their inability to jump, slow you down when you are in combat because they have few abilities to slow you down, don’t even try to counter stealth, and cannot catch you in most cases anyway.

If your idea of why it exists is true, then the slowdown is just there to keep the rest of this hidden. The mobs should be challenging, not the handicap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I agree that the auto-slow is silly to have and is implemented poorly. One thing that highlights the silliness is that as long as the mobs don’t touch you, you can zig zag right past them without ever entering combat. You can be inches away, no combat, full speed. You can also do acrobatic dodges with missiles flying past your head and that somehow doesn’t count as combat…and you can still go full speed. But if you hit a swiftness boost or something and it triggers a very brief auto-attack…boom, slooooooow motion. Might as well fight. It’ll be faster that ruuuuunnnniiiiiinnnnnnggggg away.

in Suggestions

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

The slow down is just frustrating and and not fun. Remove it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Plus one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yes hate it 100%

It’s so ANNOYING.

(And the running speed is slow anyway).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

They do this also just with the pointless slowdown..
If you really want to skip something, then you skip what you want no matter what, even with a slowdown you can run away out of enemy range, until they run back to their silly invisible bonding points to that they always return like being prisoned on a transparent chain that holds them at a place and pulls them back, if they try to run away too far from their boinding point with that they are enchained with.

Or players just pop a stealth skill to skip what they want after being hit and getting slowed, to lose aggro and easily move on until the slowdoan wears of once you are out of range for combat again.

So I totally agree with the Op, this slowdown is just pure chicanery to annoy us with that Anet tries hard to force us to battle against every crap and it doesn’t feel at all anyhow heroic or epic, to get slowed down to the pace of like a snail suddenly, only because you got hit once or in generallycause of entering just a combat…

This slowdown can also be extremly annoying in jumping puzzles, when you fail at jumps cause of this kitten when you get suddenly slowed down while jumping what causes you to jump not as far as you would normally do…

Instead of addign to the game kittened mechanics like this slowdown, Anet should do better and improve the movement system of GW2 so that we can feel over time more epic in regard of movement…

Just look at upcoming games like Everquest Next, which show, how much potential there lies in in character movement to make your character look more epic and heroic and here in GW2, there needs only a fly to fart at you and you slow down ???
Come on, this can’t be serious !!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Is really annoying, and if you are a norn is disturbing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Gw1 combat mode, don’t attack or cast at something, or be attacked or cast at by something, for 10 (I think? It’s been a while) seconds, and you start to regain health slowly, which gets faster the longer you’re out of combat. Getting out of combat is often hard due to snare skills and shadow steps and knockdowns (does not slow you down just by being in combat, only by abilities)

Time based. Great system.

Gw2 combat mode, get blown by a strong gust of wind and you are now rendered to the speed of the average octogenarian. Must move with your walking frame to at least an entire screen away from the breeze, to grow younger and get your athletic days back. Not hard to stay away from the enemy, only hard to get FAR ENOUGH AWAY from the source, the Ai is not threatening or challenging (attacks 5x slower than players do, yet largely uses the same skills???? Very strange).

Distance based. Poor system.

To often I find myself running around stuck in combat mode 20 seconds after the source is dead, or in the case of yellow names objects, out of range, and yell “HOW THE #$%& AM I STILL IN COMBAT????”

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

the combat auto-slow is in place to force players to use dodge.
Not only is this idiotic design, but dodge fails to even work with alarming frequency.

I cannot count the number of times I have dodged, read evade float up over my toon and STILL taken damage, been knocked flat or had some other negative effect applied to me EVEN THOUGH THE GAME TOLD ME I DODGED!

This is just more broken garbage that Anet has had a year to address yet has ignored.

Anet,
REMOVE COMBAT AUTO-SLOW and FIX DODGE!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fool.8305

Fool.8305

I’ll make a WoW comparison so everyone can get angry. I view this behavior as a default out-of-combat speed boost rather than an in-combat slowdown, and further, as the equivalent of a mount in WoW. It lets me get around faster when fighting isn’t necessary or I just don’t feel like it.

The impression I get from the way this suggestion is worded and the way its proponents defend it is that people just want to move faster in general. I’m not trying to misrepresent anyone’s position here or use this as an argument tactic, I’m only trying to call the request what it is. I wouldn’t argue against that, but I can see plenty of reasons why it wouldn’t be a great idea to implement, not least of which is the fact that this is an online game where entities in the world need to react to each other, which means reporting each others’ positions. The faster we all move, the more prone we’ll be to errors in that regard.

Finally, I agree that the ‘in-combat’ flag seems to work in some odd ways. I never really had a problem with it until I was doing the Scarlet content, and everything around me would be dead, but I’d have to sheath my weapons manually and wait or run around a bit before my ‘in-combat’ state would be cleared and I could waypoint to the next invasion event. However, suggesting a change to that behavior isn’t the same as suggesting that combat movement speed be adjusted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Everyone should sign a petition to remove this silly slowdown nonsense. It has several disadvantages in WvW as well as in PvE.

In WvW if you are running away from enemies and a stupid NPC attacks you, you will slow down and the enemies will catch up with you. WTF is that?

Hey hey, ho ho, Slowdown while in combat needs to go

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

you think it’s bad as a regular prof, try a necro.
you might be fast enough but one hit against a minion and you slow down, it makes exploring more a chore and less a fun experience.

remove it, i can see why it’s there in the case of JP’s but please, remove it from battles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jared.8497

Jared.8497

+1’d

Definitely wouldn’t mind seeing this go. If they don’t want us to run past mobs and stuff, maybe them them charges or something? Idk I just hate mysteriously slowing down.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zDicerXz.8567

zDicerXz.8567

Lol unrealistic? Have any of you tried running with a giant sword in your hands? You are slowed down because your character goes " in combat" and pulls out their weapons giving up faster sprinting for the ability to defend themselves, makes perfect sense. Think through your suggestion instead of whining out loud in the suggestion section.

Let me rethink it for you.

Only apply combat slowdown if you choose to bring out your weapons and defend yourself and not when you choose to escape your enemy. This also gives the sheathe weapons keybind a better purpose.

Simple, just try to think for a few seconds before posting a complaint instead of a suggestion.

in Suggestions

Topher.1684

Lol unrealistic? Have any of you tried running with a giant sword in your hands? You are slowed down because your character goes " in combat" and pulls out their weapons giving up faster sprinting for the ability to defend themselves, makes perfect sense. Think through your suggestion instead of whining out loud in the suggestion section.

Let me rethink it for you.

Only apply combat slowdown if you choose to bring out your weapons and defend yourself and not when you choose to escape your enemy. This also gives the sheathe weapons keybind a better purpose.

Simple, just try to think for a few seconds before posting a complaint instead of a suggestion.

Giant sword…valid point.

Tiny dagger? Slingshot skin? Pistols? Bow (short or long)? Rifle? Axe (smaller hatchet, not big kitten war axe)? Certain swords (rappier like, slender swords)?

You point would make sense if the system slowed you down to combat speed after taking x% damage. As is stand now, if I’m running through the woods and I get hit in the face by a bug, I don’t slow down to defend myself.

I do like your suggestion about the sheathe weapon option.

in Suggestions

Topher.1684

you think it’s bad as a regular prof, try a necro.
you might be fast enough but one hit against a minion and you slow down, it makes exploring more a chore and less a fun experience.

remove it, i can see why it’s there in the case of JP’s but please, remove it from battles.

Sorry for the double post, but as a necro in WvW, using Locust Swarm and killing a moskito/rabbit/critter and then being slowed down for 30-40 seconds -yes, I have ran that long while “in combat” (as Locust Swarm was able to recharge) with nothing around me – is just plain stupid.

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

out of combat + swiftness is about 60% +speed = mounted speed.

That’s why you slow down in combat.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Slowdown must be completely removed from pve, mobs like risen are so aggressive so we can’t travel without being slowed down. I don’t want speed buff, just remove the slowdown and it’s fine. It must stay in pvp/pk areas though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It’s so annoying with my necro and ranger.

in Suggestions

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

necro and ranger at least have the signet of speed…. my sylvari mesmer in combat feels like waddling through mud….

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’m actually against this. It’s needed so that the mobs can keep up with you in combat. Running outside of combat is a bonus speed. If they took it out they would have to speed up all the mobs as well, and then they’d be a lot harder to avoid.

Currently, it’s super easy to avoid most of the mobs in the game, even in Orr. The problem is that most people just don’t try. Node farmers take the shortest route without thinking, which is often right through mobs. Rangers and Necros are the worst about this because they don’t do the most simple thing of storing their pets. If you are a ranger running through a map, put your pet on peaceful and stow it. I too often see rangers node farming with 5+ mobs following them and their pet along the way. It’s a nuisance to themselves and other players. If you are a necro, you don’t need all those minions to run across the map. Don’t summon them. Simple.

If you are running through a map and get in combat, make sure you have some of the following:

1. A speed boost
2. A teleport, if available
3. A stun breaker
4. Condition removal
5. Stealth, if available
6. Dodge (especially in the Cursed Shore. Know the mobs that have ranged attacks and be ready to dodge them)

All of these will help you get on your way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ares.9547

Ares.9547

+1 This is something that need to get removed.

I’m a old gw1 player i preferred how the “in-combat” system was. Its the same as others before me mentioned “hex, frezz etc”

To give a player slowness only because he/she went in battle is pure stupid it defies logic
what i want to see more of is:

Don’t follow the other games, be unique is what makes a good game look on gw1 for example. I as others had to high hopes for this game i still do, this feature needs to go!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ares.9547

Ares.9547

I’m actually against this. It’s needed so that the mobs can keep up with you in combat. Running outside of combat is a bonus speed. If they took it out they would have to speed up all the mobs as well, and then they’d be a lot harder to avoid.

Currently, it’s super easy to avoid most of the mobs in the game, even in Orr. The problem is that most people just don’t try. Node farmers take the shortest route without thinking, which is often right through mobs. Rangers and Necros are the worst about this because they don’t do the most simple thing of storing their pets. If you are a ranger running through a map, put your pet on peaceful and stow it. I too often see rangers node farming with 5+ mobs following them and their pet along the way. It’s a nuisance to themselves and other players. If you are a necro, you don’t need all those minions to run across the map. Don’t summon them. Simple.

If you are running through a map and get in combat, make sure you have some of the following:

1. A speed boost
3. A stun breaker
4. Condition removal
5. Stealth, if available
6. Dodge (especially in the Cursed Shore. Know the mobs that have ranged attacks and be ready to dodge them)

I can’t feel the same way give us slowness defies logic what needs to be done is make mobs catch up faster (give them slowness spells, shadowstep similar functionality that we had in gw1)

Its bad to force players to use spells and dodge to get around in the world, at least that is how i see it.

If you decide to run through mobs its better to have them try to catch you with a spell or actually cripple if they manage to hit you close combat.

This is wrong by design and the global slowness to “in-combat” feels as a fast fix they put in to counter the mobs need time to catch up. As it is now its pure stupidity.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Would we be having this conversation if all ooc movement was the same speed as in-combat movement? if not, what would be preferable? A travel speed buff for ooc movement or consistent speed in and out of combat?

easy fix: ooc icon to reference a travel buff

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

1. A speed boost
3. A stun breaker
4. Condition removal
5. Stealth, if available

I can’t feel the same way give us slowness defies logic what needs to be done is make mobs catch up faster (give them slowness spells, shadowstep similar functionality that we had in gw1)

Its bad to force players to use spells and dodge to get around in the world, at least that is how i see it.

If you decide to run through mobs its better to have them try to catch you with a spell or actually cripple if they manage to hit you close combat.

This is wrong by design and the global slowness to “in-combat” feels as a fast fix they put in to counter the mobs need time to catch up. As it is now its pure stupidity.

I don’t know what you mean about the mobs needing to catch up. I can’t run as fast as most enemies. that argument is illogical. Condition removal and stun breakers don’t work for in-combat speed buff. Teleport costs money with is just as irritating as in-combat speed reduction. Speed boosts suck. They are too short, don’t boost speed enough, have to much recharge time and take the place of more important damage skills. Stealth has similar issue to speed skills with even crappier length of use. Dodge is an irritating and partially broken system and I with suck a crappy recharge rate it becomes useless very fast. Dodge is also pointless when you agro large groups. It is really only designed to work with one on one fights.

I hate being forced to do something. If I don’t want to fight then I am not doing it being slowed or not; It just makes my gameplay suck. My characters run pathetically slow even out of combat. There are times where I just stop playing because everything just takes to long! Get rid of the immensely annoying in-combat slowdown! There is no out-of combat boost as some are trying to claim. I move too slow out of combat also. Also get rid of the WP fees! These just hurt the game. I am less likely to play with other people and help them because it just wont be worth it to me to spend 4 silver to do so. GW2 is starting to feel like a chore with all these annoying aspects constantly interfering with the fun you might have had. I deal with annoying stuff in real life and use the game to relax and get away from this only to start up GW2 and have to deal with more annoying crap. I guess they don’t want people like me to play their game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaoShin.2986

LaoShin.2986

Got clipped by a mob in Cursed Shore..ended up in combat speed..lost my patience, turned around and killed it..got an unidentified dye from it..opened it..Abyss Dye..

combat speed+impatience+stupid luck=abyss dye.

Make do with flawed mechanics until they realize they could fix it to prevent dumb luck from happening.

in Suggestions

DaShi.1368

1. A speed boost
3. A stun breaker
4. Condition removal
5. Stealth, if available

This is unqualified opinion. It doesn’t really make a case against the combat speed or contribute to the overall discussion. You are just stating that you don’t like how it feels. That’s fine, but I feel that there is no problem with the combat speed.

As for the GW1 comparison. People need to take off their rose-tinted glasses. Running is GW1 was so horrible people paid others to do it. Giving every monster a snare or cripple to slow you down would be a lot worse than the current system. And not giving every monster a snare or slow while removing the combat speed is just asking for an entitlement. You might as well ask for free, always unconstested waypoints every three meters and all the crafting nodes in an open field in LA. It would be no different experience.

GW2 was built with a dodge mechanic and skills for mobility. The whole game is built around this. Dodging is part of the active gameplay Anet wants. You might want to consider another game, if this is such a problem.

Finally, combat speed is an excellent solution to the problems with travel that GW1 had. It only “feels” bad because out of combat speed is so fast, especially if you have speed boost signets spoiling you. Also, combat speed is very easy to avoid, if you just want to run across maps. It’s not a hindrance and actually makes running a lot more interesting than press R.

in Suggestions

DaShi.1368

I don’t know what you mean about the mobs needing to catch up. I can’t run as fast as most enemies. that argument is illogical.

You run faster than all mobs out of combat. You either run faster or as fast as mobs in combat depending on mob.

Condition removal and stun breakers don’t work for in-combat speed buff.

I’m not sure what you are referring to here. You use conditions removal to remove cripple, frozen, or immobilize. You use stun breakers to get out of a stun. All of this helps you keep moving away from mobs and get back out of combat.

Teleport costs money with is just as irritating as in-combat speed reduction.

Blink is free. So is infiltrator’s arrow. Not sure why you think waypoints are something you would bring with you. Doesn’t make much sense.

Speed boosts suck. They are too short, don’t boost speed enough, have to much recharge time and take the place of more important damage skills.

If your intent is to run, then you don’t need to load up on damage skills.

Stealth has similar issue to speed skills with even crappier length of use.

You want classes to have longer stealth? As it is, it is an excellent tool for avoid combat and getting out of combat, which is what this thread is discussing. You seem to want the facetious scenario I proposed in my previous post.

Dodge is an irritating and partially broken system and I with suck a crappy recharge rate it becomes useless very fast. Dodge is also pointless when you agro large groups. It is really only designed to work with one on one fights.

Then you are using it wrong. I avoid aggro large groups easily with dodge. You seem to be confusing running through the maps with fighting mobs. If you really hate dodge, this might not be the game for you.

I hate being forced to do something. If I don’t want to fight then I am not doing it being slowed or not; It just makes my gameplay suck. My characters run pathetically slow even out of combat. There are times where I just stop playing because everything just takes to long!

Get rid of the immensely annoying in-combat slowdown! There is no out-of combat boost as some are trying to claim. I move too slow out of combat also. Also get rid of the WP fees! These just hurt the game. I am less likely to play with other people and help them because it just wont be worth it to me to spend 4 silver to do so. GW2 is starting to feel like a chore with all these annoying aspects constantly interfering with the fun you might have had. I deal with annoying stuff in real life and use the game to relax and get away from this only to start up GW2 and have to deal with more annoying crap. I guess they don’t want people like me to play their game?

Yes, this might not be the game for you. When you start hating core components of a game you are playing, it is time to rethink why you are playing it. I suggest finding a game that has the requirements that you desire. I can’t imagine such a game would hold interest for long. Perhaps something like Second Life (is that still around?).

in Suggestions

DaShi.1368

My problem isn’t so much the speed reduction while “in combat”…it’s that it takes so long to get “out of combat”. If the mob resets, you should exit “combat” imo. That and you shouldn’t be slowed unless you loose a certain % of your hp. I’m tired of having some rabbit bit my toe and stick me in combat for half an hour…

Attacking ambient creatures doesn’t start combat.

I agree that it would be nice to get out of combat when the mobs reset.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Oh I SO agree with this!!! Please remove this mechanic, would not only make game immersion more intense, it would also make the entire game feel less clunky <3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

The only possible “reason” would be to make you have to fight. When I’m trying to get somewhere I aint interested in fighting 77 mobs, I want to reach my destination. Furhermore, quite ofton I’m still stuck in combat slowdown (and zero health regen) for as long as a minute after I’ve killed the mob that hit me. So when it’s bugged, it’s much more of a PITA.

This is a lame game mechanic that not only needs to be scrapped but shouldn’t have been introduced in the first place. Just because other MMOs do it is no reason to use it. When one is in danger, one dos’nt slow down to a plod, one moves as fast as one can.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

+10 to the OP.

This needs to go, it’s the most annoying mechanic, lame and really frustrating.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

I hate being forced to do something. If I don’t want to fight then I am not doing it being slowed or not; It just makes my gameplay suck. My characters run pathetically slow even out of combat. There are times where I just stop playing because everything just takes to long! Get rid of the immensely annoying in-combat slowdown! There is no out-of combat boost as some are trying to claim. I move too slow out of combat also. Also get rid of the WP fees! These just hurt the game. I am less likely to play with other people and help them because it just wont be worth it to me to spend 4 silver to do so. GW2 is starting to feel like a chore with all these annoying aspects constantly interfering with the fun you might have had. I deal with annoying stuff in real life and use the game to relax and get away from this only to start up GW2 and have to deal with more annoying crap. I guess they don’t want people like me to play their game?

This might sound rude and offensive, but I laughed out loud at this. Go on, feel free to find a game where everything is handed to you on a silver platter. You might enjoy that more.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Simply avoid being hit and you will not have this issue.
The slow-down only applies if you are actually hit after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zemi.4137

Zemi.4137

I agree with maintaining speed when we are hit but maintain the current slowdown when we have at least one condition (any condition).