Pls reverse the In-Combat Slowdown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Statictary.5206

Statictary.5206

There is a way to maintain your current speed no matter if you are in combat or not.
But you won’t like it. Strafing your way across the map you’ll have to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Would make running in dungeons even easier if it wasn’t there. From what I gather, in combat it’s a 33% speed reduction. Swiftness puts you up to normal running speed. If there was no speed debuff, and you had swiftness. You would fly past all foes in dungeons that were run pastable.

Same thing in the open world, would make it to easy to run away from fights though usually you can run through tons of foes anyways.

While annoying especially on jumping puzzles, I’m sure there’s even better reasons it’s there than what I’ve provided. I do wish they would remove the in-combat when taking fall damage

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Ugh, so annoying the slowdown.

This is game breaking.

Consider this:

You are alone roaming the world when all of a sudden you encounter 2 or more enemies. So, naturally, you decide to flight. However somehow, you are now stuck by a lone player’s projectile and your speed drops to almost zero. BUT because the 100 guy behind the zerg did not hit you, they can still travel at normal speed and as a result they can reach you with ease.

Now consider this other scenario:

You are alone roaming the world when all of a sudden you encounter 2 or more enemies. So, naturally, you decide to flight. However somehow, on your flight path you encountered NPC that hit you and aggro you so that your speed drops to almost zero. BUT because the 100 guy behind the zerg where not hit by the NPC they can still travel at normal speed and as a result they can reach you with ease.

UGH so annoying, get rid off it on the next patch!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Combat speed isn’t almost zero, it’s 70% of noncombat. The entire point is that people who aren’t in combat can catch the ones that are. thatsthepoint.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Simply avoid being hit and you will not have this issue.
The slow-down only applies if you are actually hit after all.

Good luck avoiding risens… They teleport to you and drop pbaoe under your feet.
And they get aggroed from a great distance.
If you don’t have a dodge/endurance build, you will enter combat somehow.
They can’t kill fully geared characters, yet constant combat slowdown is annoying while travelling. I only enjoy travelling when I’m playing with my thief, nearly perma-stealth ftw.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

There’s no particular slow in combat, however you’re sped up outside of combat.

So OP wants to remove out of combat speed boost? Thanks for the suggestion but rather not.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Good luck avoiding risens… They teleport to you and drop pbaoe under your feet.
And they get aggroed from a great distance.
If you don’t have a dodge/endurance build, you will enter combat somehow.
They can’t kill fully geared characters, yet constant combat slowdown is annoying while travelling. I only enjoy travelling when I’m playing with my thief, nearly perma-stealth ftw.

It is fully possible to avoid risen as well. One simply have to run around instead of just running straight through.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: soundbyte.7619

soundbyte.7619

Simply avoid being hit and you will not have this issue.
The slow-down only applies if you are actually hit after all.

Not true; it applies if you hit an enemy as well, which makes no sense.

To me, an acceptable alternative to removing it completely would be this… The combat slow-down is only applied if an enemy hits you, NOT when you hit an enemy, and is removed 10 seconds after you’ve been hit. It makes more sense for it to be timer-based than proximity-based.

This will also improve the flee/chase scenario, as the person chasing will have the upper hand, as long as they are hitting their foe. The one fleeing could attempt to counter this by dropping CCs or AOE attacks to slow down the person chasing them.

(edited by soundbyte.7619)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I personally hate the auto-slow in combat effect as well. I feel two changes need to be made…

1. Being “in combat” no longer affects movement speed

2. Being “out of combat” no longer grants MEGA health regen. Players now regain 4% health per second out of combat instead of like 20-25%.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

How about, if you are hit, you’re slowed to what the current in-combat speed is for 5s, and if you remain untouched for 5s, you regain your speed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trilla.4109

Trilla.4109

Several threads have been made about this, Anet does not care, the fact that you are spending more time playing game is good for them, believe it or not, it is a time sink, that if you want to bypass then you have to pay a fee (if you have the desired WP) which is another sink, a gold sink

I hope this gets implemented hopefully before GW3 in 4-5 years from now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

Orr is the perfect example of this it can take you 45mins to reach one side of the map because undead are EVERYWHERE. Meaning you are never outside combat, hence one of the reasons Orr is an extremely unpopular place to be. You will never see a group champ farming their or doing the dungeon because of how slow it is.

Movement slow down is part of the reason. I remember first arriving expecting to find a decent number of high levels, I found none. Disapointed for sure and then after 5 minutes I understoud why, you are always running at such a slow pace trying to get somewhere and add in the temples :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Yes OP, PVE rules!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I don’t think we should eliminate slow-down in combat for reasons already given, but I would like to see a little better AI for determining when you’re finally out of combat.