Possible Fix to rush or speed runs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Don’t get me wrong, guys, i’m not against all the people doing speed runs, this is a suggestion to add a reward that equals a not speed run, because right now is not that worth to wait 40 minutes in a run if you can do it in 20 minutes.

Ok, first of all, this is an idea based on Twilight Arbor Aether Path.

As you might know if you tried that dungeons, you got a 0% chance to complete if you go blind and ignore the mechanics. The group wouldn’t even past beyond the oozes. What makes me think… why that happens?

-The dungeon takes some time.
-The dungeon got special features and need specific strategies.
-The players must be skilled and not just smash buttons.
-The adaptation level is high and you need to adapt to possible random situations.

Instead of being bad things, ALL of them are good ones, so what fails? Rewards. Right now the community is based on doing something Fast because they got more rewards. Several players has lost the point of view “i’m playing because it’s fun” and they are now saying “i’m doing this because i got more rewards”. That said, TA Aether path is out of the league.

What can we do to fix that problem? I got an idea that will actually fix 2 problems.
-Get the hard and challenging dungeons back on schedule.
-Improve the community by creating skilled players having fun.

This is the fix: If someone in the group completes more than 5 achievements inside the instance, give everyone in the group 5 achievement points.

By doing that you will make that some players step up, bring newbies to dungeons, explain battles and make sure they work as intended becuase that will help all of them. By giving a group reward based on someone new to the instance you will fix:
-No experienced requirement anymore.
-No rush runs, since people needs to learn fights.
-Players will learn how to not just “stack and smash buttons”.
-Players will have a reason to go back to TA Aether path after all achievements are done (to help others).
-Speed runs will still be run for dungeon items, but hard runs will also run for achievement points.
-It would encourage people to keep bringing new players to dungeons and help them achieve the goals of challenge instead of ignoring them and saying “just follow us”.

And i can’t think of anything else. Nevertheless, this is just an idea but it’s even exploit-proof, by making someone to need 5 achievements you can’t just invite someone near final boss to get points for everyone. The player will actually need to be in the whole dungeon and get achievements all over for that to count.

I’ll be happy to see some feedback on this, what do you think?

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asmodeius.2751

Asmodeius.2751

There is easier solution. Due to lack of trinity system certain packs prove to be too strong, those could b made a little easier. Another is to make barriers that will open only after the line of mobs is kill, not all some should be left there for by passing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People don’t run aetherblade path because its such a hassle without everyone being at a certain skill level. If everyone is skilled, you can do it fairly quickly. I believe someone stated about 30 minutes on average. Of course certain groups will likely get it completed much quicker.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Suggestions

Elrey.5472

make barriers that will open only after the line of mobs is kill.

That’s also a good idea. But still people would Stack and kill those. I’d love some suggestions to stop stacking wich removes all skill involved in a fight. More Crowd Control would be great in GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gsjlink.4673

Gsjlink.4673

You could make it so monsters that detect such a strategy behave differently, perhaps by continually applying weakness, or entering some sort of defensive curl which greatly increases kill time. The barriers are a nice idea.

Obstruction and melee could use work as well (think of killing the stationary CM riflemen from the safety of the room). Also, minimum range type stuff can be eliminated (like spider queen’s poison aoe.) Trash needs major work for sure, and a loot overhaul. So do the bosses. If they’re made more like story mode, I think they could be pretty darn decent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Achievement points, Achievement points, I personally never liked these, AP’s are boring and dull (and also stupid in my book but I’ll leave that out).

A possible fix would be:

- Better rewards for harder dungeons
- Rework of some paths (I’m looking at you Arah path 2), running for 4mins through landmines is boring.
- Less running more killing, players don’t want to run for ages in dungeons, they just want to kill mobs, bosses and get to the end.

To sum it up every dungeon in GW2 is big and detailed but it’s also flawed, you are required to jog around the area till the next fight which is downright boring.

Stack and kill which is also known as (Tank & Spank) is a common thing in MMO’s, Unless ANet wants their mobs to shoot through walls this thing will continue, it’s how the AI reacts when it doesn’t have a target in line of sight.

in Suggestions

Elrey.5472

Stack and kill which is also known as (Tank & Spank) is a common thing in MMO’s, Unless ANet wants their mobs to shoot through walls this thing will continue, it’s how the AI reacts when it doesn’t have a target in line of sight.

Before playing GW2 i was a huge fan of Lotro instances and raids. There you need to do such stuff like: Keep an enemy 20m away from another, while keeping a 3rd one sleeping, dazed or confused (that kept the attention of 2 Crowd Control players busy while the other 3 were either tanking or killing the other enemies. And if any of the CCers died… you would had a hard time or wipe).
Enemies did get buffs like “if you are in 10m range, you will die”. And they could also change that buff to “if you are too far, you would die”. It was honestly hardcore mechanics because you had to adapt and create dinamic strategies and not only stacking everyone in same place and smash buttons.
Lotro effects wasn’t that “fast”. Here in GW2 we can’t root or immobilize enemies for 15 seconds, but i think we should be able to, and then give an enemy a reason to be away from us while we kill the other enemies.

And all of that… just speaking about trash enemies. Each trash pull was different, refreshing, hard and challenging (and unskippable).

I’m not saying that GW2 should be that hardcore in crowd control, but i don’t really like this faceroll level that we face in dungeons.

(edited by Elrey.5472)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gsjlink.4673

Gsjlink.4673

I think part of the problem is defiant. The game’s trinity is control, damage, and support. Defiant makes control pretty much useless (unless your group is timing the stacks.) Perhaps certain control skills can be given various amounts of power, enabling them to “pierce” X number of defiant stacks.

The dungeon trash just needs to be better. Little fights along your way to the next boss. I’m only okay with running if it’s part of some clearly defined story element (for example: giant boulder rolling down the hallway, or a stampede chasing the party down.) Maybe that AC path 1 run through the tunnels is acceptable. But I’d honestly prefer having to fight between jets of fire. Those gravelings need work for sure.

Also, tank and spank is totally fine sometimes. It too is part of the “variety.” It’s great when some bosses are just easier (at least mechanically.) LoS pulling is also okay in my book in terms of getting mobs over to you and away from others. As a pulling mechanic it is great. It’s just once the mobs finally get to you, they can then exercise anti stack behavior (or anti-range behavior, if applicable.)

(edited by Gsjlink.4673)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tokola.5172

tokola.5172

I really think that nerfing stacking by, for example, implementing collision inside dungeons would really make things harder. It’s a real simple implement that would change things a lot