Precursors in Gemstore = win win

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

Precursors in Gemstore = win win for us & Anet

10,000 Gems? 15,000 Gems?

I’m sure Anet could use a spike in some revenue and we could use some precursors.

I was 5g from buying mine and the price went up 100g in 2 days. . = failsauce

This would also help control the TP prices.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I believe i speak on behalf of all the sane people left playing this game when i say …

No. Just No.
Stop it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Seriously? If i see this i will facepalm hard… you’ll be spending 100+ reall dollars for a pixelated sword? really sad…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

They’re already in the Gem Store.

Buy gems, convert to gold, buy precursor, enjoy!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Seriously? If i see this i will facepalm hard… you’ll be spending 100+ reall dollars for a pixelated sword? really sad…

People do. Which is why precursors are not account bound. ArenaNet wants your impatient money. Gold buying is legal if you do it from them.

I’m pretty sure that this is why they don’t care if they ever sell 6 million copies of GW2 like they did with GW1. They’ve probably made their money back in spades from people who bought gold, and may or may not even play the game any more.

Think about it. $40 for 4000 gems. That’s just about the price of one copy of GW2. So for every person that’s spent that $40, it’s almost as good as selling another copy.

(edited by Chuo.4238)

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You can already exchange gems for gold.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

precursors in gemstore will be seen as pay2win. It technically wouldn’t be, but it kinda is.

Horrible…. horrible idea.

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

As much as I love the idea. It would be terrible since people will misunderstand it and cause a ruckus.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

As much as I love the idea. It would be terrible since people will misunderstand it and cause a ruckus.

“Could you describe the ruckus?”

Sorry, couldn’t resist ;-)

in Suggestions

Keiran.1896

precursors in gemstore will be seen as pay2win. It technically wouldn’t be, but it kinda is.

Horrible…. horrible idea.

You can buy gold from the Gem Store.
You’re speaking like if that wasn’t the case.

in Suggestions

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

spend $1000 worth of gems and convert to gold to buy precursors.

or $1000 or more if you want to buy the legendary already.

that is if you have $1000+++ to burn.

and the real question is if a 2gold pearl weapon has the same functionality as the $1000+++ weapon, why would you want the more expensive weapon?

in Suggestions

Keiran.1896

spend $1000 worth of gems and convert to gold to buy precursors.

With 1000$, it’s the legendary that you can buy :P

Really unfair game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Why are you people having such a hard time with the thought of precursors in the Gem store?

They already are! People have boasted about never having to grind for the legendary(s) because they had a credit card.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Why are you people having such a hard time with the thought of precursors in the Gem store?

They already are! People have boasted about never having to grind for the legendary(s) because they had a credit card.

What other people do shouldn’t matter to you.

And I don’t think you realize how much a legendary costs in real $.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The Breakfast Club. I really enjoyed that movie. lol

in Suggestions

Amun Ra.6435

What other people do shouldn’t matter to you.

And I don’t think you realize how much a legendary costs in real $.

Ok, what I post shouldn’t matter to you? And yes I do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

It’s fine

Anyways, what I meant by ruckus is the misunderstanding thing. To detail it further, if people confused the Precursors in gem store as a P2W (Pay to win) thing, then they would start posting complaints about it in the forums (With a few people trying to explaining it clearly but failing anyhow) which would then cause a ruckus. The magnitude of the ruckus depends on how many people misunderstand it

So yea, while the precursor thing isn’t such a bad idea to be implemented on the gem store, it would be the “ruckus” that would be annoying.

That’s all in my opinion though

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

There is a big difference between items being added to the game because they’re sold in the gem store thus increasing the supply of them, and gems being sold and then traded for gold thereby increasing the supply of gold. The first will depress the prices of items like precursors and the second will lead to higher prices for them. Thus, different parties’ views on the idea.

in Suggestions

Amun Ra.6435

Also, this would in no way pay2win, as having a legendary puts you at ZERO advantage over someone who doesn’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Also, this would in no way pay2win, as having a legendary puts you at ZERO advantage over someone who doesn’t.

This is true right now BUT what if legendary weapons become ascended? It seems a little too close to pay2win if this happens.

in Suggestions

Amun Ra.6435

This is true right now BUT what if legendary weapons become ascended? It seems a little too close to pay2win if this happens.

Well this might be true because Legendary items will become ascended, will have to wait to see if Ascended items become just as common as exotics are now, if they do, I think my argument will carry forward.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Yes, because paying +2G for 100 gems is not high enough…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!