Premium Option...

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

The reason? Simple: GW2 is not a pay-to-win game.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

This option is a win for everyone.

Actually it’s only a win for the people with a bunch of money in their pockets; and the gem store does eventually offer a lot of the chest stuff if you want to buy it.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

You’re right, absolutely right, AirWick…it’s a game. Last I checked, games were meant to be played, not bought to be the best.

I don’t understand this lazy mentality of “gamers” who want to buy their way to the top, rather than enjoy the journey there…

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: YourOwnFear.2743

YourOwnFear.2743

You’re right, absolutely right, AirWick…it’s a game. Last I checked, games were meant to be played, not bought to be the best.

I don’t understand this lazy mentality of “gamers” who want to buy their way to the top, rather than enjoy the journey there…

Not everyone plays the same way. I personally don’t care if someone can pay to get something I can earn in game. As long as the best items are left only achievable in game and everything that can be bought can be earned. It is just my personal feelings on the matter. I don’t hate anyone who pays to catch up. They will never be on par if they don’t put the same effort we put in to earn the extra bit not buyable.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Jack of Tears.9458

Its not pay to win.

Sure it is, winning is just defined differently in this game; the proof of that is in the very suggestion you make about letting people get the cool stuff by circumventing the system. Problem is, it cheapens the value of those things for everyone who can’t afford to just out and out buy them. If cool thing X has a 5% chance to drop and so getting it takes a lot of dedication and determination, then you come along and buy it outright it cheapens the value of cool thing X for everyone who worked for it in game. Suddenly the awesome looking loot isn’t a sign of distinction, it’s just a sign you got money and people stop caring about it.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: ocgreg.3910

ocgreg.3910

This option is a win for everyone.

Actually it’s only a win for the people with a bunch of money in their pockets; and the gem store does eventually offer a lot of the chest stuff if you want to buy it.

I don’t understand this. Its a game so who cares if another player has a lot of money if they want to spend then they got money to spend? I don’t even see how its a win they just got money to spend same as everyone else who wants premium items. This option just makes it for those that actually contribute to the game since their is a free option with in game money for those that want premium but don’t want to spend. Its not pay to win. All the stat armors are in game not premium. Pretty much premium items are skins and consumables. I don’t see how the option to pay real money for a non gamble option is really unfair? This would benefit players that are not heavily loaded with money but spend some time to time as well. So, really with this third option it really is a win.

By that logic why do you think you deserve to get some special for spending real money on a GAME? Why are these threads always started by some entitled hypocrite… The system is just fine how it is and is one of the great features in this game, that you can still get some fun stuff without having to spend real money. Unlike the majority of free-to-play games.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

ocgreg.3910

Its not pay to win.

Sure it is, winning is just defined differently in this game; the proof of that is in the very suggestion you make about letting people get the cool stuff by circumventing the system. Problem is, it cheapens the value of those things for everyone who can’t afford to just out and out buy them. If cool thing X has a 5% chance to drop and so getting it takes a lot of dedication and determination, then you come along and buy it outright it cheapens the value of cool thing X for everyone who worked for it in game. Suddenly the awesome looking loot isn’t a sign of distinction, it’s just a sign you got money and people stop caring about it.

If its a premium item whats wrong with the fact you can spend real money to get the skin its like buying product? I don’t have a problem with the fact you can get a premium item with in game money. If you ask me that its just one of the ways to do it the player can either get it for free or with my option use money to get it instantly? Whats wrong with spending money to support a game you enjoy and want around? Its like a donation. If you care so much about dedication and determination then do it through titles. Items in the premium section are there for purchasing so, its a win for everyone if there was the third option I mentioned.

If you actually thought about it like a donation and that you are supporting the game then you wouldn’t be asking for something in return. That isn’t a donation.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If you actually thought about it like a donation and that you are supporting the game then you wouldn’t be asking for something in return. That isn’t a donation.

Thanks, just wanted to say the same.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

The game is perfect the way it is. Many mmo games failed by adding a ridiculous advantage to paying players. There are tons of items every month. If you want to support the game buy them like most players do. The second a premium account option is introduces, thousands of players will quit and thousands more will be discouraged to enter.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

… so you want some other system of paying real money for things already in the gem store? You do understand gems are already purchasable with real money?

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

If you read these forums at all, you can see that people are already upset enough about so much of the new content being exclusive to the gem store (and the RNG makes it even less tolerable). My prediction is that adding a ‘premium’ cash-only tier to the gem store would be ANet signing GW2’s death warrant.

Regarding their original philosophy with a Buy-to-Play game, the only defense ANet has with even having a gem store is that it offers both in-game and cash purchase options. If they remove the in-game currency options, even just for some of the items, they really have given up on their entire development philosophy.

To be fair, I don’t see that happening. ANet seems to be listening to players and learning from their mistakes, by allowing the Southsun RNG chests to drop from mobs, completely separately from gem store purchases.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

If some one wants to pay their way to the top let them, it doesn’t effect me at all.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

ocgreg.3910

Its not pay to win.

If its a premium item whats wrong with the fact you can spend real money to get the skin its like buying product? I don’t have a problem with the fact you can get a premium item with in game money. If you ask me that its just one of the ways to do it the player can either get it for free or with my option use money to get it instantly? Whats wrong with spending money to support a game you enjoy and want around? Its like a donation. If you care so much about dedication and determination then do it through titles. Items in the premium section are there for purchasing so, its a win for everyone if there was the third option I mentioned.

What have you not heard of those walk for cancer or what not where they donate money and get a shirt in return to show they support? There are different ways to look at a donation. So I think of it as it just shows that I contributed and still get to have some fun. FUN DUDE. Sure you can use your determination and dedication to get it with in game stuff. That is fine I still don’t see why your so angry at the option I mentioned if there is also an option for you free playing players.

Thank you for bringing up the walk for cancer. So by that logic you feel that you deserve to be given something for donating money to cancer instead of the fact that you are just helping out cancer research. That is where your logic is flawed. Being given a gift as a thanks for your donation is one thing. Requesting a gift or saying that you deserve a gift for a donation is entirely different. You are not donating money to help you are doing it because you want something in return. Which makes you selfish and entitled. If you feel that you should be rewarded for helping then it clearly means you didnt do it to help, you just wanted something. If you want to buy stuff for money thats fine but dont try and make it sound noble like you are helping the company or the cause and therefore DESERVE a reward for it.

There is only one way to look at a donation. A donation is something you provide to help that party with no expectation of compensation. Exchanging time/money for compensation is not a fundraiser that is a business transaction. And this is not semantics, there is a very real difference.

I am not ‘angry’ I simply hate people who feel like they deserve something just because they ‘donated’ money. Its a completely selfish attitude to have and that is why I disagree. Your premium reward for spending real money on the gem store rather than in game grinding is it doesn’t cost you nearly as much time, you dont ‘need’ anymore than that.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

ocgreg.3910

If you read these forums at all, you can see that people are already upset enough about so much of the new content being exclusive to the gem store (and the RNG makes it even less tolerable). My prediction is that adding a ‘premium’ cash-only tier to the gem store would be ANet signing GW2’s death warrant.

Regarding their original philosophy with a Buy-to-Play game, the only defense ANet has with even having a gem store is that it offers both in-game and cash purchase options. If they remove the in-game currency options, even just for some of the items, they really have given up on their entire development philosophy.

To be fair, I don’t see that happening. ANet seems to be listening to players and learning from their mistakes, by allowing the Southsun RNG chests to drop from mobs, completely separately from gem store purchases.

Lets clear this up. I did not say anything about a money only tier item. I said an absolute option for people paying money to get premium items without the gamble in events that are also available with in game money. Without the 0.x% chance to get it since it is real money and paying for a gamble is what a lot of us players can agree on we don’t want to gamble on with real money.

Lol that is exactly the same thing. You get something special for spending real money that others dont, doesn’t matter how it is obtained or what the options are. Real money gives you something others dont get, a bypass on the gamble system.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Jack of Tears.9458

No matter how you break that down, it’s pay-to-win and Anet won’t do it.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Retrospek.4583

Airwick – please read this quote, and realize, this is your answer, it’s a moot topic, move on.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Retrospek.4583

Airwick – please read this quote, and realize, this is your answer, it’s a moot topic, move on.

Yeh I know its debatable why you think I am bringing it up. If I let it drown then I and others that want to fight for this option will go down with it. If you want me to move on then why don’t you give it a go like the comments so far maybe you can change my mind? It is only one of the answers that players want to put out there as well.

I don’t have to change your mind, it’s already been stated by Anet that they will NOT make a “pay to win” situation in this game, and trust me if they do, there will be more of a loss than a gain by doing so. There will be a HUGE exodus on this game, you can count on that.

So, in a nutshell, if you want me to change your mind, here you go…If they implement such a system, it will kill the game you like to play, thus rendering your suggestion moot. Is that simple enough?

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

I don’t think so. If Anet wanted people to get items for gems they would do it. Now they have to gamble and in average Anet gets a lot more money this way. I’ve seen people writing that they were spending sums lik 75$ trying to get mini quaggan. And after they got nothing they just spent more. Some people like tha skins so much they will spend a lot of money on boxes/keys to get them.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

I really don’t think they need to up cash flow. Seeing as all gems in game come from players turning them into gold. Gems used to purchase things are destroyed. So when you buy gems with gold is because someone used real cash and turned them to gold vs buying something directly.

If players don’t supply the gems with real money there will eventually be none for those to buy with ingame gold. And that’s from their economist mr Smith

There is no need to really entertain this suggestion as they already have a better system

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

@ocgreg

You know what I hate your assumptions.

The way your constantly striking it down seems like you don’t want players to have fun with items. Your more concerned on how it affects your ego.

AirWick, you just turned this thread into a personal fight and nothing good comes out of it. My advice is to end it.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Heres a thought, just get rid of the gambling BS right now and stop putting any of this crap into the game, put it on the gemstore for exactly how much is reasonable.

Gambling is not fun, especially not when it is also penalizing dual wielders. IMO greatsword/hammers/bows…they should all require 2 tickets/tokens to get. After all, a duel axe wielder, a sword/board user…and the various combinations require 2 to get the look they are after, thus so should the 2h weapon users.

Fair is fair right?

No? Yeah I thought not, get rid of the gamble entirely.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

OP does not understand the gem exchange:

one way or another, every item bought in the gem store was paid for by someone.
Neither gems nor gold are created from thin air through the exchange, they are all contributed by players.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Premium only item is pay to win.

Anet would be better off in the long run to let players buy skins outright with gems. Anet may not make more money in the short term. But players will be happy and stay for the long time. To spend even more money.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

ocgreg.3910

@ocgreg

You know what I hate your assumptions.

The way your constantly striking it down seems like you don’t want players to have fun with items. Your more concerned on how it affects your ego.

AirWick, you just turned this thread into a personal fight and nothing good comes out of it. My advice is to end it.

Airwick is just beyond deluded, you know what I hate about your posts? Its your assumptions. You pretend I say something other than what I did, you assume what my reasons are, you ASSume that I dont spend money on this game. You ASSume its about my ego when I very clearly wrote what the issue was. You are just another entitled kitten trying to get special treatment which you dont deserve. Perhaps you should come back to reality sometime.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

i hate pay-to-win games aswell as most people

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I wouldn’t like that much, no. I don’t think it is fair at all.
I am not saying that because I am someone that can’t pay for Premium content. If there was a Premium Option I would probably use it because I always want to get all that I can from a game. However, I understand how unfair it would be for people that can’t pay for it, so I don’t think it is a good idea.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Posted by: paladini.7823

paladini.7823

As long the guy who spends RM buy premium itens that dont bring unbalance, I dont see a problem at all.

Btw theres no chance Anet will do a P2W, they already stated that special weapons or other stuff that can bring such unbalance will never be sold at black lion. (This was a common fear at BWE’s about Black Lion, they stated it wont happen).

Like special or rarer skins, mostly cosmetics as usual etc.

Paladini – Sanctum Of Rall

(edited by paladini.7823)

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

ocgreg.3910

As long the guy who spends RM buy premium itens that dont bring unbalance, I dont see a problem at all.

Like special skins, etc.

Ya that would be fine except that isnt what he is asking for.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Jack of Tears.9458

I have decided to make this personal towards Anet and anyone that defends the gamble option towards real money transaction.

Then nothing else you say will have any merit and no one is going to want to talk about it with you. Sorry people disagree with you, (I’m really not) but that’s the way forums – especially suggestion forums – work.

And I love how you assume I’m not a loyal fan because I don’ want this option. I pre-purchased the game within minutes of the market opening; I’ve spent money on the few things like Transformation stones and armor skin, and I’m always fighting for the company when I believe they’re right. In a game where “winning” equals having the coolest looking and rarest skins, weapon skins, etc. buying those things outright while others have to earn them through long effort is a pay-to-win system.

I don’ know why this discussion is even still happening, it’s been brought up – we all agree it isn’t gonna happen – what’s left?

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Jack of Tears.9458

This gambling option everyone can agree on is not right especially when it applies with real money as well.

The problem with the Gambling system isn’t that it’s there – it’s that the odds are all messed up. If you had a 20% chance to get the special thing with each chest, or even a 10% chance, it wouldn’t be near so bad. But as is people are buying a hundred chests and still not getting the cool thing – and that sucks.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Teraphas.6210

Gems to cash is player driven. Players have more access to gold so they buy up more gems especially when new items hit.

The price goes down when players convert gems to gold.

Its simple supply and demand. The ammount of gems is finite. If none are put in you can’t buy them. As the supply dwindle price goes up. The gem to gold also goes up to entice players to feed more gems back in. A self regulating system.

You cap the gold to gems you break the system. Player wealth will out pace the gems in system. There would be no reason to convert gems to gold as the return would be low and easier to buy thing directly with gems. Eventaully even that is eclipsed as the player base has so much gold you need to create gems with no real life currency since you capped the exchange. Getting gems with gold is only sound way for vetern players to go. Only new players use cash. By this point new players are rare becuase you have wrecked thr economy and anet had little to no cash coming in. Game shuts down.

All becuase you are annoyed that gem prices climb and fluctuate with new items on the market.

The exchange is by far the best gold sonk in the to prevent devaluation of currency as its player driven. Greed will always kick in to push the gem price back down. It may not be as much as you like but it does.

Premium Option...

in Suggestions

Teraphas.6210

This gambling option everyone can agree on is not right especially when it applies with real money as well.

The problem with the Gambling system isn’t that it’s there – it’s that the odds are all messed up. If you had a 20% chance to get the special thing with each chest, or even a 10% chance, it wouldn’t be near so bad. But as is people are buying a hundred chests and still not getting the cool thing – and that sucks.

It may suck but its why they are pestige items. I doubt they would collect a fraction of the revenue if the odds were better. Its slot machine mentality.we know that jackpot is a long shot but we feed all those machines in vegas becuase you see them payout here and there. And you think me too I can hit it big just one more try.

Besides some of the skins suck. People want them becuase they are rare more than anything. Just look at the armor on the gemstore. Garunteed at a cost and you see a fraction of the molten weapons or sclerite. Its the chase.