Preview Window Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taralom.9562

Taralom.9562

G’day, I have a few suggestions for the preview window that may be pretty cool if implemented.

1) You are only able to preview one weapon at a time, this seems a bit redundant, playing a warrior, i have lots of different weapon combinations available to me, but i can only preview one weapon at a time, i cannot view my axe and shield simultaneously, which seems a bit silly in my opinion.

2) This may or may not bug other players, but when you do the ‘wield’ option when previewing weapons, i would like my character to enter their fighting pose, as currently the weapons just fall into the characters hand in their normal standing position, and it is not only a position which you will never see your character in, but it is hard to judge whether certain things will clip.

3) When wielding a greatsword, a particular large one, it just jumps off the preview window. Perhaps making the preview window re-sizable would solve this issue at least.

They are quality of life improvements, but it is something that has annoyed a few people that I at least speak to.

Arkanoi from Aurora Glade
Most likely in a pub…unable to sit on stools/chairs

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

QoL improvements are third for me, behind bug fixing (ranger 1h sword rooting, anyone?) and balance issues. Having said that, a big +1 from me. Quality of Life stuff should have far more focus than it does. (Where, exactly, is the LFG tool they’ve said they were working on for, oh, 10 months now?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aggresive Teapot.2314

Aggresive Teapot.2314

Yes!!!!

Finally someone else with some insight. It’s been bothering me for so long how you preview 2-handed weapons like greatswords and hammers. It’s just sticking out there, out of the screen, poking the person next to me. This might just be my bad sense of fashion but i find it hard to judge when it looks like that. And i’m quite picky with which skins i get.

+1 to you.

Leader of Quaggan Stole My [Bike] – Aurora Glade EU
http://quagganstolemybike.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I would kill for a resizable preview window.

I want to expand the window to the full screen and see a much bigger image of what my item will look like, as opposed to the tiny little preview we’re stuck with. The window gets bigger if you choose larger UI sizes, so why not just allow you to resize it period?

Also would definitely like to see the character enter their combat stance when using “wielded”. Having the weapon just move to the hand while the character stands in the normal stance looks silly and does not at all represent what it would actually look like wielded. Its especially hilarious with rifles.

To add one request of my own, can you please show equipped back items in the preview window? Right now equipped back items don’t show in the preview window at all, so if you want to for example check how your back item would look with a set of armor or weapon you’re previewing, you have to manually unequip your back item, right click the back item in your inventory, then hit “preview”. Its pretty unintuitive.