Profession Idea?

Profession Idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tanner Richards.2134

Tanner Richards.2134

I know there are always posts like this but just want to put this one out in the open just to get it out there. But I had an idea for a new profession where it’s mechanic is stances and with each stance your in you get new skills like how the elementalist works but it’s an adventure class and the stances would be White Tiger, Black Tortuise/Turtle, Red Phoneix, Blue/Azure Dragon. Based off of the old Myth, but even though I would like to for it to be an adventure class I would also like for it to have a lot of magical properties like how the guardian works. Each stance would work deferently for example Black Turtle would give the player more control based abilities, while White Tiger and Red Phoniex are more Damage based skills and Blue Dragon gives a better support role with heals and boons. Not the best idea in the world but I like it any ideas from anyone?

Profession Idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pyroen.2086

Pyroen.2086

This could be a good idea for a monk replacement. I completely encourage new
profession ideas. Keep up the creativity.

Profession Idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I had an idea for a heavy with such a system where the skills would be either offense or defense based depending on the stance

Profession Idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: redrex.9634

redrex.9634

The issue with this profession suggestion is that it’s not functionally any different from the elementalist attunements. Remember, if a profession is to be implemented, the core mechanic, not the look or feel of the class, needs to be unique. Each of the eight current professions are unique on their mechanic first and foremost, with their looks and feels only superficial to that.

Warrior has a building power up system
Guardian has passive boons that can be sacrificed
Thief has initiative
Engineer has his toolkit
Ranger has her pets
Elementalist has attunements
Necromancer has a second life force
Mesmer has clones/phantasms and shatters

If a ninth class is implemented, the mechanic needs to be functionally different from the above list.

Profession Idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

This is awefully similar to the WoW Monk, not for this idea but definetly up for new classes or even bring back some oldies.
Maybe when the;
“factions equal” expanion is released that opens Cantha be could add
Race: Tengu – Class: Ritualist

“Night fall equal” expansion opens Elona, add;
Race: Centaur (yes there are good centaur for those who didn’t play GW1)
Class: PARGON?! or Dervs :P

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.