Proof that no balancing has been done to address Theif

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fellknight.4820

Fellknight.4820

This happened in less then 4 seconds, never saw the guy and no I’m not a glass canon not by far I have 2400 armor and 21k life. I come in Number 1, 95% of the matches so I’m well aware of how to pvp in this game.

I’m done playing this game there is no excuse for having this in a game ever and waiting this long to have any sort of fix is just insane. There is a difference between trying to balance a game correctly and blantantly ignoring class balances that destroy’s pvp content. Your game is simply not fun and you reward players with lil to no skill with such broken mechanics.

You won’t fool me again with the slow and steady tagline it’s been months if you cant see this is broken your incompetent. I’ll avoid any game you design in the future like a plague.

Attachments:

(edited by Fellknight.4820)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

… We all know that they havent been balanced yet.. theyre working on it. Nov 15 is when the patch will come out…

in Suggestions

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

Their removal of the 50% damage increase I believe it was on the assassins signet takes off nearly 6k of the extra damage the single skill would have done. This is a pretty easy combo to counter as it is very obvious when its going to happen, protections/blocks/invulnerability skills are what you want to use here.

Killing fast is what a thief should be doing if we look at assassins but looking at how fast other classes kills you kinda have to redefine what killing fast means in this game and that’s just my opinion. Plus if the game were balanced around teamplay and you are getting 1v1 gibbed by a thief and you don’t have allies using heals/prots on you that’s another part of the problem, aside from your own lack of blocks/prots/invulns, which I can understand why certain builds wouldn’t run those but that’s a risk youa re taking when you don’t run them and aren’t near any good support classes. Doesn’t really make any sense to balance a game around being with a team if you’re going to be doinga ton of your fighting without them, that’s just another one of my opinions. P.S – I do not like conquest and know it was the wrong decision. So what did they do balance the game around 5v5 scenarios assuming everyone will bring defensive stuff or have defensive classes when in reality what you will see at most is 3v3 if it happens to be even numbers fighting aside from the obvious 1vx’s going on on the side points? Noone really knows anything but what they did isn’t really working due to the format.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

Their removal of the 50% damage increase I believe it was on the assassins signet takes off nearly 6k of the extra damage the single skill would have done. This is a pretty easy combo to counter as it is very obvious when its going to happen, protections/invulnerability skills are what you want to use here.

Killing fast is what a thief should be doing if we look at assassins but looking at how fast other classes kills you kinda have to redefine what killing fast means in this game and that’s just my opinion. Plus if the game were balanced around teamplay and you are getting 1v1 gibbed by a thief and you don’t have allies using heals/prots on you that’s another part of the problem, aside from your own lack of blocks/prots/invulns.

This is post signet nerf not pre, players like you who defend this should never be in pvp. A good pvper knows this is bad doesn’t need this to 1v1, I sure don’t on any of my characters and I win almost every 1v1.

So why are you sooooo bad at pvp that you need this kind of an edge to win vs anyone? You should go back to wow pve server’s your not a pvper.

Please stay off pvp forums you should stick to crafting forums or pve content forums players like you just want to ruin the game until no one plays lol luckily with this one the dev’s didn’t need your help ruining it.

in Suggestions

R E F L H E X.8413

Here’s all you need to know, I’ve never specced a build for backstab not even once. However I have backstabbed without using the traits that buff it and it rarely hits hard at all maybe 5k at the most.

What you need to do is reread my post again and see that I’m not defending it.

It is a common fact here and if one thing is stable in all my posts that I would rather see the balanced guildwars 1 play which you had to work as a team to score kills in gvg/arenas when it was two skilled groups of players than this type of gameplay which has worse problems than people instant gibbing you 1v1, the fact that 1v1 even exists is a problem of its own and should not be the main format of a game that preached on being teamplay. Also you respawn so getting instagibbed isn’t really a game ender.

P.S – This is what you entirely failed to grasp : Due to the fact that other classes kill extremely fast solo also, and the thief being one of the characters that is supposed to kill faster or a burst prof, you have to put it into perspective. The fact that it was a 1v1 also needed to be pointed out because if you were glass cannon with no defensive utilities ofcourse it’s going to happen. You’d die just as fast to hundred blades, or the shot from the warriors rifle, hell, you’d even get pretty much one combo’ed from mesmers, you’d also have a tough time surviving vs other glass cannons thef act that youa re solo with no survivability says that you don’t have a guardian or necro or someone else around to give you protection or aegis which is what I think is more intended.

Hell when I play necro I can prevent my allies from being backstabbed by placing a well on him when I see the thief going at him. That’s how it should be, but the fact that 1v1 remains is my problem, and it’s the format completely.

in Suggestions

R E F L H E X.8413

hahahahahaha your serious too omg, if your so good at pvp give me screenshots of you coming in number 1 time and time again, I’ve got them, do you?

You do realize you can come in number one without using traits/armor/runes, and your first time playing any class just mashing buttons don’t you? It doesn’t really say much.

I really shouldn’t have even wasted my time uploading as I don’t have anything to prove from playing mesmer in guildwars 1 and doing things that will not be repeated.

http://s12.postimage.org/ap0dcmvoc/gw086.jpg

Since you probably won’t catch it I was naked.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The 6k Steal is probably more broken than the 11k Backstab.

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

hahahahahaha your serious too omg, if your so good at pvp give me screenshots of you coming in number 1 time and time again, I’ve got them, do you?

You do realize you can come in number one without using traits/armor/runes, and your first time playing any class just mashing buttons don’t you? It doesn’t really say much.

I really shouldn’t have even wasted my time uploading as I don’t have anything to prove from playing mesmer in guildwars 1 and doing things that will not be repeated.

http://s12.postimage.org/ap0dcmvoc/gw086.jpg

Since you probably won’t catch it I was naked.

I think it’s cute that you play thief and mesmer and claim to be an awesome pvper lol i think posting a screenshot of a mesmer coming in No.1 is better proof of you being bad than you posting nothing at all. And yes that was prolly the only time you came in No. 1 in a match and if they changed the system redid & rearranged it I’d still come in number 1 because that’s what pvper’s do we win. I just don’t want to play a game that let’s pver’s feel like good pvper’s by clicking 4 buttons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Praxis.6289

Praxis.6289

Ofcourse, invisible insta-gibbing class with about infinite escape capabilities is justified, because on those rare occasions that you see a thief in a pick-up spvp, you’re not supposed to step outside the gate alone noob, bring a party – because it’s a team game and that’s just the role that was designed for a thief class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

They’re going to get nerfed based on statistics anyways, just stop complaining.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

So basically op is saying that he always wins 1v1 with his warrior but this thief killed him with a well executed combo and that signals a cry for nerf?

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

So basically op is saying that he always wins 1v1 with his warrior but this thief killed him with a well executed combo and that signals a cry for nerf?

Nope we should all just play thieves or bunkers because there perfectly balanced and it’s totally ok to hit for 12k one button and 6k the next, your right I’m just terrible theives are fine.

And yea I’ve been pvping for 15 years won tournement’s, helped design teams balance pvp so if I’m getting killed before I can do anything by an invisble man i can neither see or target i know your not gonna do any better on anything other than a full bunker.

If everyone is forced to balance around a single class I’d say that class is broken.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Robomath.3085

Robomath.3085

I agree with OP. I don’t really care if the thief can do a crap ton of damage, what upsets me is that he is invis the whole combo. Check out that video. I get 3 shot with 21k HP, and he is invis the whole time. There is no escapse, I even use my lightning reflexes and it didn’t do anything.

Reckoner – SoR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

Yeah I mean, thief is so under powered barely anyone plays it….just look at the red team rolls eyes

I am sorry but this went on for to long and I can see how it has effected the population….or what is quickly turning into the lack there of.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

Yeah I mean, thief is so under powered barely anyone plays it….just look at the red team rolls eyes

I am sorry but this went on for to long and I can see how it has effected the population….or what is quickly turning into the lack there of.

It looks like you just got outplayed because those guys are using thief summons and basic pistol attacks to get kills…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

I agree with OP. I don’t really care if the thief can do a crap ton of damage, what upsets me is that he is invis the whole combo. Check out that video. I get 3 shot with 21k HP, and he is invis the whole time. There is no escapse, I even use my lightning reflexes and it didn’t do anything.

The thief in this video died as soon as he got the ranger down,what’s the problem or “broken” thing there?

in Suggestions

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

They are still working on balancing them better, give it time so they can do it right and not destroy the class. I personally believe once they fix rendering it will solve many issues with thieves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I’m waiting on the 15th patch. If they fail to try to fix the massive number of problems all the professions have by then, they’re probably not going to for several months. It tells me they’re putting more effort into releasing new features as a gimmick for marketing, rather than worrying about fixing what they have now.

The thief in this video died as soon as he got the ranger down,what’s the problem or “broken” thing there?

I’ve always been fascinated by this sort of response from people. Just because the person who just nearly one-shot someone died afterwards, that somehow makes the kill he just got fair? That’s not a very good way of balancing a game, when you can rationalize away someone having a 1-2-3 way to instantly win a fight, so long as they can die just as fast. If that’s okay, why not just give players a button they can press that auto-kills their target but also kills them at the same time? Obviously I’m being facetious, but think about why that’s silly for a second, then apply that on a larger scale. Part of having fights be enjoyable is both people having opportunities to make mistakes, recover from them, gain an upper hand, lose it, and so on. Having “fights” last a couple of seconds is not a contest of skill. It’s masturbation.

(edited by Plague.5329)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

It doesn’t matter if they fix this to be frank. Players will just move on to something else that is “op.” Honestly, Backstab is very easy to counter if you have any situational awareness. (This is coming from an ele who doesn’t spec into toughness)
You can’t make everyone happy, because everyone can’t always win.
Lastly, being #1 doesn’t mean much in conquest. Especially considering defenders get less points.

-edit: Backstab thieves die almost as fast as they can kill someone, so I don’t really see a huge problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Praxis.6289

Praxis.6289

Probably because he was focused by another thief + another guy

Anyway to relieve some tention:

in Suggestions

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

If you’re still complaining about thieves, it’s like complaining about the price of gas when your house is on fire.

Yes, it’s an issue, but completely surmountable and nowhere near as urgent as other issues.

And stop it with the screenshots, they show absolutely nothing, especially when none of you are willing to post your build and weapon set along with it.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

i know that they can get you if you are off-guard, hope they nerf it, etc etc etc etc…

But am i the only one that from the moment it gets paralyzed to the floor, looks madly for the “break stun”key?

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

Video’s mean nothing, screenshot’s mean nothing, 99% of the pvp forums calling for a nerf on the class means nothing.

Thieves saying learn to play however is factual proof the class is fine.

in Suggestions

aydenunited.5729

What is your build and profession?

in Suggestions

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Adjusting a class’s damage takes time fellknight. If done wrong it will kill the class completely.

in Suggestions

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Adjusting a class’s damage takes time fellknight. If done wrong it will kill the class completely.

And if done too slowly, it will kill the game completely.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in Suggestions

aydenunited.5729

I play Engineer main now in PvP, my previous one was Guardian. 200 matches so far as Engineer and 600+ as Guardian.

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

^ Dude you play a thief you flock to every thief thread telling players to learn to play, dodge or that thieves are meant to kill people in 3.5 seconds.

in Suggestions

aydenunited.5729

I can post a screenshot to show you how many thief games I’ve played since BETA. I flock to these threads because I honestly consider thieves to be the easiest kill in the game, and because statistically, Guardians and Mesmers carry much more weight in skewing the balance of the game, but yet there are 1/10th of the posts on these boards mentioning that over thieves. And I played over 600 games as a Guardian, and I’m willing to admit they are a bit over the top. Not game-breaking… but very strong in comparison to other professions for what they offer to team play.

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

^ Yes 80% of the game is theives but there fine everyone should just play bunkers and it will all be ok.

But what if everyone who didn’t pick thief doesn’t want to play a tank or die in 3.5 secs. Name me one other MMO where only tanks can survive and 1v1 thieves, I don’t know any, and this one won’t be around much longer for you to lie about.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

Nerf everything.

But buff warriors, Longbow should 1 shot everything.

Greatsword one shot everything at range.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9861/gw025c.jpg

in Suggestions

aydenunited.5729

Putting a few points into toughness or using a soldier amulet doesn’t mean you are a tank, it just means you are balancing out your armor stats.

I usually have my best matches against thieves running balanced specs with lots of CC, because my damage output is enough to counter them. Whenever I play bunker I usually struggle more, because my damage is so weak that a good thief can typically continue to fight past the intial burst of HS spam or backstab, but with a balanced spec with a well timed dodge and CC counter + my own burst, they go down much quicker.

It’s not guaranteed, and I’m not a fantastic player, so there will always be those really good thieves that would beat you no matter what profession they played, but as a general rule, this has been my experience so far.

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

@Illjumper

Your WRONG it’s not just bladetrail it’s anything that bounces it’s a bug theives can do it with dancing dagger too and it’s been noted by devs and is being fixed next patch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

@Illjumper

Your WRONG it’s not just bladetrail it’s anything that bounces it’s a bug theives can do it with dancing dagger too and it’s been noted by devs and is being fixed next patch.

Dancing Dagger is only 4 target max. It deals maximun damage on 2 targets. which bounces 2 times each.

Bladetrail as no limit.

in Suggestions

Fellknight.4820

@Aydenunited your telling people that you can give tips and pointers to beat thieves lmfao.

So a player should use endless specing, learn everything about the theif class, time there abilties flawlessly to beat a guy who can pick up the class day one and mash 5 buttons for 24k dmg in 4 secs to players with over 2.2k armor. And your saying that’s balanced it’s absolutely crazy.

That’s like me saying if i give one guy lead shoes and another guy flippers, the guy with lead shoes could beat him in a swim meet if he paddles hard enough. Why should one class win with lil to no skill and you expect the other guy to be in the top 1% of MMO pvper’s to beat him.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

unfortunately, OP already decided he is quitting and is now refusing any reasonable conversation… as for thiefs go i play warrior with sword/shield and axe/shield and shield block is more than enough to deal with thiefs and then enjoy them bleed after they spam their nonsense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stin.9781

Stin.9781

@Aydenunited your telling people that you can give tips and pointers to beat thieves lmfao.

So a player should use endless specing, learn everything about the theif class, time there abilties flawlessly to beat a guy who can pick up the class day one and mash 5 buttons for 24k dmg in 4 secs to players with over 2.2k armor. And your saying that’s balanced it’s absolutely crazy.

That’s like me saying if i give one guy lead shoes and another guy flippers, the guy with lead shoes could beat him in a swim meet if he paddles hard enough. Why should one class win with lil to no skill and you expect the other guy to be in the top 1% of MMO pvper’s to beat him.

You know i main thief and i use 2600 armor…. and i count myself as burst… not backstab but burst… 2200 armor is asking for instagib seriously.

Former Devils Inside Thief R43

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

@Fellknight

Your original post was a little ranty, but I know where you are coming from. It is way past time that we all get a break from OP BS thieves. It’s so overdue that I honestly think nerfing them too much would be preferable to failing to address the problem yet again.

If the next nerfs are too weak, I am not going to feel good about the devs decision making on this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Since when is 2.2-2.4k armor warr not glass? My powerspec has around 3k armor and 1.9k+ toughness.

But I kinda have to agree with OP that thief needs some balance. Backstab damage is fine imo, but the buggy semiperma stealth and steal&cnd as a free big burst/cap closer/stealth needs to be tweaked. Thieves should work for their backstab.

And obviously Defektive’s solution is the only way to go.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrozenLuv.6017

FrozenLuv.6017

OMG, not another one of these, OP do u even use the search function on this forum. Wait let me rephrase that as the thread is still on the front page. Do you even read? there already a thread concerning backstab, making multiple threads doesn’t improve your argument, it just clutters our forum.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mandra Madador.1709

Mandra Madador.1709

Fellknight : “Alpha, Beta, live 3 months, over 100,000 player complaints about it but YES on november 15th everything will be corrected and there will be free bunnies for the kids.”

-I heard that talking about beta or alpha or w/e is under NDA and you’re not asposed to talk about it.

I like how this guy is doing nothing but crying and being rude. In the mean time pretty much everyone here is trying to tell him to calm down and that everything will be okay.

I think less attention should be give to these type of players from the player community. If all they are going to do is shut them selves off and cry then what is the point of trying to explain anything to them. I’m amazed at how long this post has become over this guy.

He reacts to this like its the first time, yet he is a well trained pvper. If you were so cool in pvp Fellknight then why don’t you keep your cool?

Yes allot of things need balancing, yes more people than YOU→ Fellknight are getting the same thing done to them, and they are willing to wait. You know why? they are better players than you.

Sorry this hasn’t been constructive for you but that archetype of annoying crying players is starting to make this community look like the kids table.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Zerging in circles in sPvP (that’s how you get the most points) is now the proof of being good in the game? Oh wow.

in Suggestions

FrozenLuv.6017

i can’t see this thread, is it just me or does anyone else have this bug?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

I’m just about sick of reading these posts. It’s always something with the thieves that you guys don’t like. Play the kitten class on pvp and then judge for your kittenself.

@Chris.7653 – just becuase the red team is new or are learning about the game doesn’t mean that thieves are OP! If that screenshot is from SPVP then your team coordination sucks and you guys are doing something wrong. Points are not just accumulated by player kills you know. L2P you class and all other classes if you want to have some dignity in the PvP community.

Thieves are not OP AT ALL. We have been nefered to oblivion and at least now, after the 15% reduction, and the nerf on ASignet, leave us be kitten

I request you from the bottom of my heart to roll a thief into PvP and check it for yourself.

Who the kitten is this Fellknight.4820. L2P!

I don’t want this thread to be locked or for anyone to get banned! So please, stop it with the OP OP, Thieves are OP posts.

To the OP, I see you are a War. Go back to the War section and read some guide for PvP cause you seem to be sucking the big one.

To the OP- I guess you would just have to learn to dodge!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

The thieves die just as fast as they kill. I don’t really see the problem with it.

The true problem with thief is rendering. You literally have like two seconds after attacking from stealth before you can be seen. It’s ridiculous and needs fixed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

To:Wolfgang Michael

True story. on tPvP is this combo pure fail.

Attachments:

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in Suggestions

FrozenLuv.6017

What is see here is typical of all the qq threads that are on this forum. It usually follows this form:
1: a person gets killed by a thief and they go onto the thief forum to whine about it, sometimes waving around their death breakdown like its some sort of justification
2: numerous people reply telling him to either add more information to his post.
3: op posts some numbers without evidence or ignores the constructive comments
4: people proceed to give him advice on how to improve at the game and how to counter this and that
5: op puts on a blindfold and earplugs and starts shouting “Thieves are OP” at any and all people who don’t support him

Not only have I seen this as the beginning of threads, i have seen this within threads as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

To:Evilek

/bow

The evidence is too compelling to ignore. OP and all the other whiners, take a good look.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Hmm this tread bugs a bit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

You do realize that backstab thieves (or any pure damage based thieves) are squishy and die just as quickly as they kill?