Public Test servers!

Public Test servers!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brutelas.2903

Brutelas.2903

How come this game does not have any public test servers? Wouldn’t this allow for Anet to fix any last minute bugs or glitches the patches may implement that players may catch that the test teams may miss?

Most MMO’s have PTS servers i don’t see why this game shouldn’t, even allows Anet to let players test out new features, balance changes etc. before they roll out.

Brutelas Lvl 80 Revenant
DragonBrand
Dawn Of The Sacred Knights [DAWN]

Public Test servers!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

You don’t see why? How about taking a step back and looking at the actual situation?

GW2 was released only almost-fully-baked. There is a ton of more vital stuff to finish:
-Spectator Mode to launch sPvP’s eSport potential
-Full implementation of ascended gear across the game
-Guild content
-Fixing culling for WvW (which, as stated in the live stream, will require completely recoding how their game reads/loads stuff, which should take years, and they’re trying to do within a few months)
-And all the monthly content they have planned out to continue the “dynamic world” theme they got going on.

They’re no where near ready to manage a public test realm yet, and it’s obvious why not.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

Public Test servers!

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Test servers do not serve any purpose in other games except testing out a max lvl char in good gear. Since that isn’t an issue in GW2, PTS is not needed.

Apart from that, the only people who really “test” are progression guilds, and they keep any exploits carefully hidden so as to claim world firsts in release of the new dungeon.

The PTS is never used for testing. They are wasted resources.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Public Test servers!

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

You don’t see why? How about taking a step back and looking at the actual situation?

GW2 was released only almost-fully-baked. There is a ton of more vital stuff to finish:
-Spectator Mode to launch sPvP’s eSport potential
-Full implementation of ascended gear across the game
-Guild content
-Fixing culling for WvW (which, as stated in the live stream, will require completely recoding how their game reads/loads stuff, which should take years, and they’re trying to do within a few months)
-And all the monthly content they have planned out to continue the “dynamic world” theme they got going on.

They’re no where near ready to manage a public test realm yet, and it’s obvious why not.

About the culling, there was a tech dev post saying they were really close to minimalizing/destroying a good amount of culling. Its sort of expected to be a Feb or March thing if I’m not mistaken.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…