Public chat block after unexemplary behaviour

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

My account recently got banned for 72 hours due to ‘unexemplary’ behaviour. I assume this means cursing. Which yes, I have done quite a bit over the last few days.
Though I would’ve much preferred to see a chat block system, where I am blocked from using public chats for 72+ hours, rather than blocking my whole account from the game. While yes in PvP I get easily agitated and let myself go too easily, but in general I help wherever I can and enjoy playing with other people.

Also, a warning system wouldn’t hurt. If you know you’re highlighted you tone down a lot quicker, rather than hearing nothing until the overlords are fed up with your crap.

I am not asking for an appeal, I’ll sit out the ban, but I still wanted to express my opinion where I think a public chat block would’ve been a better way to address the issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: drguild.2045

drguild.2045

I would think thats a reasonable request was thinking myself about how better to punish players in all these mmo’s and removing chat rights ingame for bad mouth would be ideal.

If its a scammer etc remove their outright trade and loot rights instead of a ban that way you don’t signal to the scammer that they need a new account they login unaware then get confused when they cant trade chat or whatever it would be a bigger signal than outright banning as you waste some of their time in the process.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The ToS you agreed to when you first joined the game is considered your first warning. The 72 hour vacation is considered your second warning. These are the rules and if you ever visit the account support forum you will see that you are not alone in earning some time off. I don’t think that rules is going to change. Don’t curse in chat, it’s pretty much that simple.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

I never suggested a change in the rules trogdor. And I’m sure you never get agitated, you’re just that zen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I never suggested a change in the rules trogdor. And I’m sure you never get agitated, you’re just that zen.

I often get agitated but I know how to practice self-restraint and not spout off a bunch of swearing in chat. There is nothing “zen” about it. It’s about knowing how to act appropriately in a community setting.

Basically your suggestion is asking for a change of the rules. Instead of getting suspended you want them to change the rules to only block offenders from chat but still allow them to play. Personally I think the 72 hour suspension for excessive violation of the language policy is too short. I would have gone for a week.

The Burninator