Purchase race changes

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Swarfega.6097

Swarfega.6097

Surprised this isn’t already available.
I like my Asura but the small armour/weapons is an issue in a game where vanity is king.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: tokyoshoe.6308

tokyoshoe.6308

I was thinking about this last night. I would LOVE to have an item purchasable from the BLTC that could instigate a permanent race change.

I also don’t see why you couldn’t just sell an accessory slot item (like say.. back slot?) that is a “Race Illusion” item. Say it’s a back slot item, make it a harness. That doesn’t seem like it would be terribly game breaking.

< Ferguson’s Crossing >
WAY too many alts to list here.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ctank.4170

Ctank.4170

I actually came here to post the same thing. Unlike the original poster, I actually prefer my Asura. Primarily because the animations are better (my opinion), and it makes jumping puzzles so much easier because you get a much better idea of where your character’s hit box actually is. So you rarely bump your head or miss your jump because you under jumped.

The one thing I’ve thought that might be a problem is the personal story. I’m not sure how feasible it is, but I would be happy with it just resetting and us getting no rewards until we get back to the proper story quest.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Huge huge huge issue with story quest problems, etc if they allowed this. Just to do the pre-requisite wrench in the gears.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: CTzar.8542

CTzar.8542

So make it only available after you’ve completed your story. And since it’s purely a vanity thing, I’d think they could justify this being only doable via gem purchases. I’ve no doubt they’d make some money if they did that. Same with gender, name, physical characteristics.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

EndlessDreamer.6780

Fair. But what about cultural armor that is bound to that character?

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: CTzar.8542

CTzar.8542

Don’t know how I’d handle that one. But then, this isn’t a topic that I care too much about so I just don’t have much motivation to attempt to solve every problem with implementing it.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

EndlessDreamer.6780

I know, I was just pointing out that if this does happen, it’d take a lot of work on their part, so that people should understand why it doesn’t implement. Sorry. Was just trying to make a point. ^-^;

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

@EndlessDreamer.

Then Cultural Armor will simply become unusable by that character and the only recourse is to get rid of it. Its a price one has to pay for such immense convenience.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Swarfega.6097

Sorry to bump this but I wouldn’t mind a response from the devs about this. It’s a valid request and one that will make the company more money from its customers.
Also maybe implement paid character name changes?

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Race-Change
“Hi everyone.

Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

Now we will proceed to lock this thread."

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Purchase race changes

in Suggestions

Swarfega.6097

Thanks. That’s really sad news.

Might need to re-roll my asura then as the tiny weapons is a big problem for me