Put Heroes back into the game!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rodantho.6890

Rodantho.6890

Its nice you are trying to create a social game, but some times is not that great… What if I wan to do some events that require group, and I cannot find anyone? What if I wan do run through some Dungeons and I cannot get a decent party?

In GW 1 that wasn’t a problem, you could make your own party with your heros. Please add them back in to game. An other thing is to add a Dungeon finder that will auto queue you in to finding group for dungeons. This will save unnecessary time wasted on looking for others and traveling through the map.

Last thing i have to say is that, convenience is one very importand factor to keep players on game. Thats one of the main reasons world of warcraft stayed alive so many years and it still is. And I am not talking just on the mounts, dungeon/raid/pvp finders, but for the huge selection of Add ons that you can add, and the games support to the addons. Its nice to create something different, but keep the guaranteed working recipes as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

gw2lfg.com <——-find a group in under 2 minutes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I’ll pass on the Henchmen . Theres very few things you cant do on your own anyway and those things you cant are meant to be done with other players . You know that whole Massively MULTIPLAYER thing

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why do you actually play a mmorpg?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The dungeon storyline is part of the personal story. And it’s the only part of the personal story that does not allow us to play solo with NPC allies.

We should be allowed to use Henchmen in the form of our personal story allies. In the storyline mode of the dungeon.

in Suggestions

Rodantho.6890

Ok sorry, this post was actually meant for people that can read. Try reading the post again a couple of times.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sparky Sights.9174

Sparky Sights.9174

I’d rather see the side kicking system that was going to be introduced at the game’s launch be refined and put in to the game rather then henchmen or a group of heroes.

For the people who don’t know early in game development ANet were going to give everyone their own side kick, that leveled up much like heroes, and acted just like heroes, but we could only have one and if we for some reason didn’t want one then the player would get a buff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

How about no? Bots in a multiplayer game is…wrong. If you can’t get players to team up naturally…well then you’ve failed

[…]ANet were going to give everyone their own side kick, that leveled up much like heroes, and acted just like heroes, but we could only have one and if we for some reason didn’t want one then the player would get a buff.

Wait…am I in the ranger forums? …No, just seemed familiar

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I like the idea for certain story required elements.

However, think about anytime you see an NPC fight with you.. They don’t do very well, do they?

That would be your hero AI right there.

You’re better off on your own, honestly. It would quickly turn into Res-Wars.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

The dungeon storyline is part of the personal story. And it’s the only part of the personal story that does not allow us to play solo with NPC allies.

We should be allowed to use Henchmen in the form of our personal story allies. In the storyline mode of the dungeon.

Dungeons are not part of your personal story line, they are part of destiny’s edge story line, which you are not a part of. That is why in order to complete your personal story line you never need to jump into any story line dungeon minus Arah. Although that is because you kill Zhaitian in there and has nothing to really do with destiny’s edge.

Hero’s will probably never see the light of day in GW2, they have specifically stated their main focus is to get players to play together for major events around the world and dungeons. This is why they have implored many features such as the res xp to encourage social interaction.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i miss gw1 heroes, and btw they never ever were able to do better than a real player that was always welcome in a party. but the presence of heroes was very useful during exploration and story mode. i loved that feature in gw1.
i could actually play an elementalist if they added heroes in gw2 (i’m that noob with elementalist i can die in queensdale)

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Putting Heros into this game will make it feel more like SWTOR. I played that for a while and used a companion who was like having a hero at your side. Soloing it was fine, but never worked in instances very well because you really needed a live player group for those.

Right now my Ranger has her “heros” in her combat pets and its iffy on how well they do. I’ve learned to just deal with the pet running off to deal with that enemy across the zone while needing him at my side to deal with the enemy right in front of me.

So, in my personal opinion, I really do not see the need for a hero at my side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

i miss gw1 heroes, and btw they never ever were able to do better than a real player that was always welcome in a party. but the presence of heroes was very useful during exploration and story mode. i loved that feature in gw1.
i could actually play an elementalist if they added heroes in gw2 (i’m that noob with elementalist i can die in queensdale)

I understand your point here and I can see where this implication would almost work. I feel for you on the elementalist due to the fact that when I played one around 12 to 17 was a hard time leveling them. Although with that said I promise just muscle through those levels and you will be fine with next to no troubles minus pulling way to many mobs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Specs.2195

Specs.2195

gw2lfg.com <——-find a group in under 2 minutes.

^ this or find a bigger / more active guild.

This game doesn’t need AI henchmen/heroes.

There is no signature here.

in Suggestions

Rodantho.6890

Yeah, and you could build them in any way you wan and come up with a really good combo. I really think heroes should be added in the game. I loved the necro/rt combo!

For those that obviously dont understand what they are reading and keep saying this is a social game bla bla bla… If you dont wan to use heroes and wan to use other players, then go play with others, no one is forcing you to use them.

Maybe I, along with a couple buddies of mine, we wan to use heroes and go through dungeons and some world events just like we did in Guild Wars 1. Maybe some times i dont wan to play with other people, and i wan to go through the story, or a dungeon story by my self… Because its online it doesnt mean you have to be with others all the time. When a game is forcing you to get a party and/or joining a guild it doesn’t last long… You should have the option to do things on your own if you wan.

And btw…. Find more players or find a better guild are cheap dumb answers. Dont play multiplayer games is even more dumb answer… This is NOT the purpose of making this post. So if you have nothing different to say, please dont reply.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

I think you should reconsider what you are asking. Just take a look at how utterly worthless NPCs are in GW2 combat.

Might as well solo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rivenor Black.8239

Rivenor Black.8239

I’ve seen lotro implement que finder, but no one seems to use it

in Suggestions

Posted by: cletiscake.9173

cletiscake.9173

I’m gunna go ahead and say I would like to see the sidekick system implemented. Instead of giving everyone a full party of heroes like in GW1, each player can have 1 sidekick or something so it makes soloing world content a little easier. When you are running around the world and you encounter a champion boss and theres no one else to help you fight it, this where a sidekick system would come in handy. I would hazard a guess that a lot of content gets ignored simply because there are areas with very few players in them, and not everyone is going to help take down a champion boss. This has happened plenty of times to me before, making me wish for the old GW1 heroes back.

Dungeons would be another matter entirely. If players decided to bring their sidekicks along, they would need better AI, just like the heroes in GW1 had better AI than henchmen NPCs. Also, the ability to flag your sidekick to move to a certain location (by clicking on the minimap) like we had in GW1, is also crucial.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mournsorrow.5271

Mournsorrow.5271

I agree that a reworked version of the side kick system would be a good addition as a support structure for the majority of PvE content including personal story, however Dungeons should not allow them due to the fact that you really do need thinking players to survive in them.

Death is the only absolute.

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I don’t care for Heroes. Just like I didn’t like companions in swtor. Then again, I’m also not a fan of pets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Its nice you are trying to create a social game, but some times is not that great… What if I wan to do some events that require group, and I cannot find anyone? What if I wan do run through some Dungeons and I cannot get a decent party?

Sometimes it just is like that. Let’s be honest, it’s an MMORPG, so promoting grouping is kinda expected. And crap on a toast, GW2 is the least group-oriented multiplayer game I have ever played. I know games where you’re softcapped from progressing with your character if you’re not willing to group up by putting in bosses that you cannot expect to kill on your own until dozens of levels later… including using skills that you would only unlock by beating said boss first.

In GW 1 that wasn’t a problem, you could make your own party with your heros. Please add them back in to game. An other thing is to add a Dungeon finder that will auto queue you in to finding group for dungeons. This will save unnecessary time wasted on looking for others and traveling through the map.

But if they added heroes, they would have to ramp up the difficulty of everything, because everyone would be running around with a party full of NPCs. And there’s a difference between a regular event and a group event for a good reason.

Also, I find it funny that you first talk about finding “decent groups” for dungeons and then bring up an automatic LFG system. A lot of people who have experience with those automatic grouping systems agree that they are more likely to produce a bad group than a good. Of course, since GW2 has no healers nor tanks, the effect is somewhat reduced, but it’s still present. And please let’s not go into asking for an LFG that allows you options on how it’ll choose your party members, that’ll just result in an uproar.

Last thing i have to say is that, convenience is one very importand factor to keep players on game. Thats one of the main reasons world of warcraft stayed alive so many years and it still is. And I am not talking just on the mounts, dungeon/raid/pvp finders, but for the huge selection of Add ons that you can add, and the games support to the addons. Its nice to create something different, but keep the guaranteed working recipes as well.

Before I go any further, I’d like you to know that I do not believe that World of Warcraft represents convenience. It’s extremely beginner unfriendly, because everyone, including Blizzard, expect that you will use specific mods. And that’s very inconvenient.

As for other stuff from WoW. We do not have mounts because it doesn’t make sense from a lore standpoint due to the Asura Gates and teleportation: we have the waypoint system for transporting individual people whereas transporting larger things is done with the Asura Gates.

And the addons are a thing that ANet chose from the get-go to not include. At least that’s the impression you get if you read some developer postings. Add-ons make it harder for newcomers and people unfamiliar to the finer details of the game to observe it and understand what’s going on. And with the whole eSports thing with sPvP, that’s not going to change.

Also, some add-ons put in functionality that trivializes previous content. This forces the developers into a tough spot: either they redesign the old content and pretty much end up forcing their players to use this new add-on, or they ban the add-on and take the community backlash for it. The backlash is almost never the option you want to take, because the first question people will ask is “How do I know that my add-on won’t be banned?” And there is no universal answer to that, it has to be on a case-by-case basis. Which in turn would cause the add-on developers to be much more reluctant because they will never know whether their add-on will be banned and thus all their effort wasted. So either these “bad” add-ons are allowed and the developers take the beating for it, it they’re banned and you pretty much kill off the add-on development community. And let’s not kid oursevels, the first thing people would make in an add-on is the stuff that trivializes content, because the average MMORPG player is extremely result-oriented, always looking for the most efficient activities.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

A simple idea of how to add heroes in the game:

People can add up to 4 characters in their party. Nothing new till now, but what would be if you be able to add characters from your friend list when they are offline?
In this way, you will not have specific heroes with you and the game will not have to render more characters than they already have.
So, the friend’s character which will join your party will be the last character that friend played and it will be equipped with the same skills and armors as the actual player did it but the character’s name will be written with white instead of green.
There wont be any advantages for the offline character regarding experience or karma, but the player who uses them will have to pay a price for hiring them.
So, the experience and karma gained by the player who hired the other characters will be less compared to going solo depending on the number of hired ones
So, hiring 1 character will reduce your exp/karma to 50%, hiring 2 will reduce your exp/karma to 35%, 3 will reduce it to 20%, 4 will reduce it to 10%
Seeing the easiness to add people to friend lists this will be very easy for everyone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

No, please don’t! ArenaNet whatever you do, DO NOT, please DO NOT add NPCs that can replace human players.

Make the “empty” dungeons more interesting if there aren’t many players on them (I honestly don’t know if there are any). Create an in-game LFG system for both dungeons and world events. Create a server-wide chat channel. But PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT add NPCs that replace human players. Yes, I am begging.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

No, please don’t! ArenaNet whatever you do, DO NOT, please DO NOT add NPCs that can replace human players.

Make the “empty” dungeons more interesting if there aren’t many players on them (I honestly don’t know if there are any). Create an in-game LFG system for both dungeons and world events. Create a server-wide chat channel. But PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT add NPCs that replace human players. Yes, I am begging.

Never loved such posts. When you have an idea, and someone are posting like this. It’s actually misbehavior. If you don’t agree with OP, talk directly to him/her.

Seize the day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Ok sorry, this post was actually meant for people that can read. Try reading the post again a couple of times.

No need to be mean here, and the best suggestion so far was the gw2lfg.com website. You can join, or form a group for any instance on any mode in 5 mins or less. just be at XYZ instance entrance and you will get the popup, no matter what server you are on.

Adding bots to the game to supplement players, or even bad players, is a bandaid that will undo the MMO aspect of this game. If i can just buy NPCs that will act ‘OK’ in liu of players why should i even play with people….ect. Its just a bad idea, and i really hope it never comes to light.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Rash.6514

Kreslin, I don’t have a problem with the OP to talk to him in private. If you’re entitled to an opinion, you are also entitled to criticism and people with ideas (and opinions) contrary to yours. I was a bit aggressive, yes, that was just a way to express in words how much I am contrary to that idea. But I wasn’t rude nor breaking any rules.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

The difference between GW1 and GW2 is GW1 was, for the most part, entirely instanced. If you chose to take a party of Heroes, you wouldn’t be affecting anyone else experience in-game.

Secondly; UI. Given the current state of the UI, do you really want a bunch of NPC’s that are going to ramp up the difficulty of events (which they’ll have to take into account, otherwise events will become more trivial) that are dumb as, consistently dying, and not helping much? Given the differences in terms of combat (GW2 focuses more on movement), micro-managing is going to be difficult.

Thirdly; the social aspect. If everyone has the convenience of having the ability to complete content without waiting around for anyone else, why would anyone group up with anyone else? Humans are hard-wired to take the path of least resistance. Bringing out your heroes is a lot easier than trying to get a group.

Fourth; immersion. How do you explain 3 or 4 of the same Heroes running around?

Rather than this, suggesting that ANet make it easier for people to play together, incentives to go to lower level areas and dungeons ect would be more healthy for the game, IMO.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

AI-controlled teammates would be worthless in the GW2 combat system.
Maybe if any NPC in the world would dodge -- ever -- there might be a chance that AI teammates wouldn’t leeroy into battle like Rurik but with less healing.

Personally, for GW2 I think a better call is for an in-game grouping function that works across servers -- i.e. an automated means for folks to get matched without having to rely on a third-party website.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

They should merge the servers and divide them into channels easily switchable to solve the population problem. But as long as they don’t do that – for the sake of kittening WvW stupid concept – any help would be appreciated, even from NPCs. I have a freind that due to his working hours he plays at an odd time and he can’ t beat his lvl 70 story mission because there is no one to help him. No one comes to help for story missions, because the mass majority of GW2 community give doesn’t give kitten about it. So, NPCs are the final ultimate solution for him and others like him. No LFG, no other internet sites, nothing. Only NPCs

in Suggestions

Rash.6514

I am so sorry, Ronah, but the personal stories are meant to be done all by yourself. Sure someone could help, but that is not necessary. I haven’t heard of anyone who required a party to do a personal story quest, with the exception, of course, of that level 80 which I might better not mention for spoilers.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I am so sorry, Ronah, but the personal stories are meant to be done all by yourself. Sure someone could help, but that is not necessary. I haven’t heard of anyone who required a party to do a personal story quest, with the exception, of course, of that level 80 which I might better not mention for spoilers.

I am sorry but not all come from the “City of Heroes” to beat everything alone. You haven’t heard of them because you haven’t read much this forum or because those guys preferred to quit then start to feel like beggars in a virtual world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

I very much agree with the Original poster.

Some sort of Hero/Henchie system world be very nice, I work very odd hours myself and finding partner is not always easy; besides for all the Why Play a MMO posters, there is alot of Players playing near each other in GW2; say when a Champion pops up; but as soon as he’s downed people scatter, and you know that, I still make more friends and enjoy more genuine cooperation in GW1; and I dont expect that to change at all anytime soon.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I loved the Nightfall expansion for GW1, but I wasn’t expecting it to be implemented in this game. While I can certainly see its benefits, I agree with most people who are opposed to it or at least bring u kitten ues. In a game that already has little group support, having heroes would make forming groups even less important (I pretty much played everything in GW1 on my own with heroes/henchmen). Also, the game would need to be more difficult to accommodate the extra help.

I think what would be fun would be some kind of sidekick system that can be used only in a personal instance (and you have a group as normal if you want, but the “owner” of the instance can have their sidekick join as well) and that could maybe even add to a person’s personal story line. Perhaps you can choose your sidekick’s profession, etc. Regardless, I think I would only support this if it was only activated in personal instances.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague The Blighted.4812

Plague The Blighted.4812

It is very hard to find groups late at night or early in the morning to do event’s, story quest and dungeons; so I’d love to see the hero’s and or hench’s come back. Have them stand out side a dungeon and inside a town or have a drop down tab that has the hero’s/hench’s to add to your party. Leveled to said area/dungeon. It takes five to get into a dungeon. So even if the side kick thing was implemented you still have to have five NPC’s to go with you. The Orr dungeon; no one does anymore do to bad drops and or the fight with the dragon is uninspiring.

(edited by Plague The Blighted.4812)

in Suggestions

Posted by: VolkovTheGreat.8324

VolkovTheGreat.8324

Before even considering this… Ally NPC AI needs a definite improvement. I’m looking at you ranger pets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

Hey guys, The whole argument here seems to be based around the problem that at certian times, parts of the game are empty. And it’s very difficult to find players to adventure with in thoese parts.
While not a foolproof suggestion the “Top 10 Things GW2 Needs to improve video” goes over the notion of removing realms from PvE and just creating as many overflows as nessesary for each area.
This would help spread the players out evenly as well as evening out recources. It’s gone over in detail here, Along with diagrams to make it easier to follow:
http://youtu.be/XMEq4PAFmnI?t=17m45s
It’s point 5 but the linnk should take you right to that.