Put the "Guild" back in Guild Wars 2!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tsath.4527

Tsath.4527

Hey guys,

Long time player, ever since GW1 – and THANK YOU for the best game I played for years and years!!

Here’s a few thoughts on what would help the guild leaders and guild management team a lot. It’s a random bundle of ideas based on my experiences with guilds in GW2 so far:

1. Give the guild leader / mgmt team more insight into how the players are doing. For each player in the guild the following information would be relevant: Last login time, time representing during the last week, % of time representing in this guild (% spent in others), # of influence contributed to guild during last running week.
  2. Ability to set a guild to exclusive mode, i.e. a mode that only allows a player to be a member of that guild.
  3. Better support for a few guild notes – the current take pretty much says “See the forum for the real stuff” for all the guilds I ever belonged to. Not much use, get rid of it, or improve it. Small wiki like thing with max 10 pages would be awesome.
  4. More icons for guild ranks (there are quite few).
  5. Create an API for guild stats, so guild websites could provide statistics on players etc. As a modern game creator this is almost a must :-)
  6. Officer / mgmt channel for guilds
  7. “Rent a room” – for guild meetings etc. Doesn’t need to be decorated guild halls or anything, just rent a room for a guild in say LA where people are all in same instance (no 5 player cap)
  8. Message of the Day is more visible when logging in to the game. A pop up, a print of it in each players chat etc.

Cheers and thanks for the game again!

Tsath

(edited by Tsath.4527)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solus Kane.8507

Solus Kane.8507

great idea, this is something id like to see expanded on as well

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraph.8406

Seraph.8406

As leader of The Fiery Titans in gandara I totally agree on this.

Its a real pain to manage the guild tabs with only info we get is a ’’unknown’’ status. I would like to see the official time lapse my members are offline.

Like in gw1 we had a tima lapse. 1,2,3,4,5,6, 1 week/2/3/month offline periods. These measurements are helpfull for a guild to maintain a Active member base.

I’m also pretty dissapointed in the Multi guilding. and how this game encourage to let players be in multiple guilds. My opnion is: If you dont like, you leave. This multi guilding just takes a cap in guild and you can only hope this person is atleast representing for like 50% of his gametime. This is really a pain to track aswell.

More Icons! Yes! Please! Atleast with the icons we can create our own inactive system since Gw2 isnt really providing it. So do change the inactive system or create more icons pls!

I also really hope there will be guild halls anytime soon, or indeed special rooms for Guild meetings to be held. Probaly not all guilds have meetings and stuff, but for those who do its a real pain to find a place to combine voice client and map chat in 1. So create guildhalls (researched in Architecture ) or make rooms in every large city (Lions arch, Divinity Reach, Black Citadel, Rata Sum, The grove).

You got my full support on this mate, and hope Anet will do something with this input As these Idea’s of improvement are for free.

My thanks,
Seraph Deathwish
Guild leader of TFT Gandara

Seraph Deathwish – Guild Leader of The Fiery Titans (TFT) Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

Been asking for more guild info a lot and this person actually brought up some great ideas to go with it.

Guild should be first priority, this stuff needs to be in there A.S.A.P.!!

in Suggestions

Tsath.4527

Doesn’t seem like it’s bothering as many as I would have hoped. If you feel the above ideas could be important for guilds, please let your voice be heard in this thread.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Divrocks.5718

Divrocks.5718

Yes I would love to see an some sort of thing allows me to see my member’s inactive time. You have some really great ideas in this thread!

Night Nighttt the Necro
Deadly Legends [DDLG]
Droppin baddies since 2012

in Suggestions

Posted by: Betonboor.7154

Betonboor.7154

Doesn’t seem like it’s bothering as many as I would have hoped. If you feel the above ideas could be important for guilds, please let your voice be heard in this thread.

Trust me, many people want these features. Threads like these are posted practically every week on this forum (just browse back a few pages and look for posts with ‘guild’ in their title), and I’ve also seen them often on reddit (with enough upvotes to claim the #1 post on /r/guildwars2).

Sadly, none of them have received a response from ArenaNet… Not even something small like “we heard you and we are working on something”.

The current state of guilds in GW2 is a disgrace and should realistically be their number 1 priority. Basic functionality that was available in GW1, and is available in every other MMO out there, is missing. Functionality that is absolutely crucial to running a guild effectively.

One suggestion that is missing from your list, that has also been often repeated is the ‘message of the day’ actually popping up in chat when you log in. Currently the message of the day is completely missing its purpose as an announcement tool because it doesn’t show up in chat. Most people sadly don’t care to open the guild window and read it. This makes publishing announcement and schedules about (for example) guild missions, unnecessarily difficult.

in Suggestions

Tsath.4527

Hey Betonboor (concrete drill??)

Thanks for your support! I’ve rectified my list above and added your suggestion, that one slipped my mind but I thought about it many a time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Why would anyone agree to that? With guild storage you would be giving up a large chunk of storage slots if you couldn’t “represent” your own guild for storage purposes.

1. Ability to set a guild to exclusive mode, i.e. a mode that only allows a player to be a member of that guild….

in Suggestions

Tsath.4527

Faux Play: From what you say, you see the “extra guilds” as simply extra storage slots? I’m pretty sure that was never the intention from Arena Net. You’re not meant to ever represent another guild for “storage purposes”.

I understand what you’re saying and why you’re saying it, but this is about getting back to having awesome guilds and not the semi-kinda-half-good things we’re stuck with right now.

(edited by Tsath.4527)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

As a recruiter/rank updater of Warlocks of Tyria, it’s a frickin pain to kick people and 10 seconds later having them screaming in your whisper chat because that they always are online: “Sorry man! I can’t see what you last login time was”.

Signed

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

First off all in your argumenting. Guild Wars never had anythign to do with player created guilds, but with the guild wars that happened between player guilds before the events of GW1.

Having said that I totally agree that there should be more and better option to lead a guild.

I disagree with your number 2. I know there are guilds that require representing, but I’ll never join them. But even from their perspective there can be good reasons to allow not representing under some circumstances, one is for a sologuild that is used as private storage. The other is for established members to ‘cool off’. Emotions can run high sometimes. Let guilds decide in their own guildrules to desire members to represent always and regulate that. Do you really want to loose it as an option??

As for guildhalls. I agree 500% and I think that Anet should prioritise this now!
It isn’t even hard to do. The home instances are large enough for any guild. Make an instance window pop-up asking wether you want your private homeinstance or the one of your guild. Some members in my guild are nothing more then a name in the list to me.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!