PvP in Tyria (open world)

in Suggestions

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Tho I know the idea is to unite all races, i think the game kinda “lacks” action in the open world, i miss that “immersion” and feeling while walking thro the maps, and suddenly having that encounters with someone lets say… “hostile”.

I know i’ll be flamed “go play other mmos with facctions to have this”, but tell me, the people who like pvp, and i know theres lot of people in here that likes pvp (WvW is the “endgame” of GW2), so it makes a PvP Game, wouldnt be cool to have some “conflict” in Tyria (open world, “pve” maps) ??

Maybe some Races War, (Human x Charr) a week per month, or even the 3 factions ( Durmand, Vigil and Order of Whispers) going on war each other.

Just an idea to make things more interesting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Why, when you have WvW for that?
You have 2 modi where you can PvP as much as you like – why would need you force it on the PvE players?

Btw, GW2 is no PvP game. It is a game that has both PvP and PvE and something in between – all on equal grounds.

Polka will never die

in Suggestions

pupi.2465

Spvp and WvW is limited, the maps on WvW is no equal from the pve ones in Tyria, you just can’t have an “ezly” 1×1 encounter on WvW, (and im tired of going to EB Puzzle Jump).

This wouldnt force pve players, i didnt say to make the open pvp happens all the time, just “sometimes” so ppl can have that a different pvp option aside wvw and spvp.

PvE and PvP is no way on equal grounds in this game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shrilly.7184

Shrilly.7184

I agree it would give another element to the lackluster PvE portion make dedicated servers or enemy guilds would be nice either or i like this idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

We already have WvW for that.

Also, making Tyria an open PvP world will be hard to accomplish considering that the areas are designed mainly for PvE, not PvP

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Suggestions

pupi.2465

Designed “mainly” for pve?, i think they’re design Totally for pve lol.

Im not saying to make sieges or something, just pvp, just fights, something for players to do, trolling villages, or something… thigns we can do in other games, its a pity we cant do that in GW2, its mecanics on gameplay asks for that, its a pity we can’t pvp in Queensdale, its a pity we cant make an invasion on Divinity’s Reach, or BlackCitadel and so on…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Only if they created a whole new continent in a expansion. Where you can play a enemy, but only on that continent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

I have zero interest in pvp, so personally I’d be be outta here if had to deal with this stuff. The fact that as it is, we have a choice, is what drew me to the game. Do what you want only.

So, yes, I want pvp players to have fun, but not if it involves me or others who have no interest. Most all of my friends enjoy pvp, but they long ago gave up trying to drag me into it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

This wouldnt force pve players, i didnt say to make the open pvp happens all the time, just “sometimes” so ppl can have that a different pvp option aside wvw and spvp.

You would basically force us PvE only players to stay away from the game for the duration of your little “extracurricular PvP” since it would lead to the harassment of us PvE players while we are trying to enjoy ourselves.

Go play WvWvW, PvP, or go play WoW.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior